Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in 2003 (Indian equivalent to Chartered Accountant degree of UK and Certified Public Accountant .of USA)
I am an Oracle Financial Functional Consultant, have been involved in Oracle implementation, and support projects since September 2006
Since September 2006, I have been involved in requirement gathering for various clients, regression testing during upgrade and support of Oracle Financials (Release 11i and 12). I am currently supporting an R12 client who upgraded from 11i to R12. I joined the project first as a Module Leader (Functional) and now as a Finance Track Lead from the last one year.
Prior to January Sep 2006, I had gained work experience in the following:
• 4 years in the areas of Statutory Audit, Internal Audit, System Audit and Auditing.
• 2 years in the area of banking that involves disbursement activities, credit appraisal and compliance with SOX.
- Oracle Financials Functional experience of 5 years
- 2 years of Banking Experience on Disbursement, credit appraisal and SOX activities
- 4 years of Accounting and auditing experience.
Oracle Financial Functional Expertise includes:
- Self Service Web apps like iProcurement,iExpense
- R12 PO, AP,Payments, AR, FA, GL, E-B.Tax, Lease Management
- Lockbox , Auto Invoice
- Quality Assurance
Oracle Applications implementation, conversion and upgrade projects
- Subject Matter Expert as Oracle Financials
Senior Consultant in Infosys Technologies Limited since Mar’08
Sep 2008 – Till Date Confidential,
Gap Inc is a specialty retailer in offering clothing, accessories and personal care products for men, women, children and babies with more than 3,100 company-owned stores and 175 franchise stores across the globe.
- The project involves production support and enhancements of Oracle EBS R12 applications for The GAP, Inc. The scope includes support of oracle applications modules AP, AR, FA, GL, CM, PO, PC, iProcurement, iExpense, Oracle Discoverer Reports.
- Joined to support during upgrade from 11i to R12.0.4 and taken part in resolution of all the issues immediately after upgrade and training users in R12.
- As a Functional Consultant lead for Oracle Financials my role to resolve all functional issues reported by users on priority meeting the Service Level Agreements
- My responsibilities also include understanding client requirements for the enhancements and prepare functional documents, test scenarios and test plans.
June 2008 – Aug 2008 Confidential,
- As a functional consultant, my role is to study existing business and gather requirements for implementation of Oracle Warehouse Management and Oracle Lease Management.
April 2008 to May2008 Confidential,
- The scope of this project to configure Oracle Financials to one of the operating in Singapore.
- As a functional consultant my role is to
- Configure Oracle finance modules for this operating unit.
- Preparation of Test Plans to test various business scenarios
Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) Confidential, (Sep’06 to Mar’08)
Functional Testing in Lease Management which involves
- Regression Testing : Regression Testing is performed each time when new features are introduced or when there are techstack changes like upgrade in database version, upgrade in middleware ,operating system, browsers etc.
- Bug Testing: Bug testing involves raising, testing and closing bugs raised from different sources like Developers, Internal QA team , Enhancements,Cross product teams
Integration Testing: Lease Management interacts with closed to 15 Financial
- Products, HRMS, CRM and Inventory. Lease Management integrates with many core modules like AR, AP, GL, FA, OM, Inventory, , iPayments, iStore,SLA, LE,Ebtax,Service Contracts, for completion of transactions originating in Lease Management.
- Whenever there is an uptake in other modules which affects the functionality in the module, an integration testing is required. Our team is involved in integration testing during 11i to R12.
- Performed Functional Design Documents (FDD) Reviews:
- Setting up Testing Frame work
Core Product setups is a pre requisite for testing Lease Management. Setups vary for testing on various baselines like R12, 11.5.10, 11.5.9 or on various mini packs of lease management like OKL-H, OKL-G etc.
Assistant Manager, Confidential,India (Sep’04 to Sep’06)
- ICICI Bank is a major banking and financial services organization in India. It is the second largest bank in India and the largest private sector bank in India by market capitalization.
- Regional Assets operations - involves transaction processing for southern part of India and customer service. Handling a team of people with following as my KRA (Key responsibility area) as Transaction processing, Quality, MIS & back end service requests, the brief descriptions of my activities during my stay at ICICI bank involves Sox Compliance, Disbursement and credit appraisal.
- Sox Compliance, Projects & MIS’
- Designing processes as per Sox requirements for all the process at Retail Assets Operations and ensures compliance of the same.
- Instrumental in implementing Quality initiative like Five – S (Kaizen Philosophy) & Lean Management in operations shop.
- Root cause analysis of Customer Queries & Complaints and to take corrective action.
- Preparation of Dashboard for presentation before senior management
Retail Assets Banking
- Team Leader for Retail Asset Disbursement activities for southern part of India
- Compliance with Operational Risk procedures
- Ensure that the activities are completed accurately and within the agreed turnaround time.
- Root cause analysis of Customer Queries & Complaints
Feb 2004 - Aug 2004 Audit Specailist
- Finalizing Statutory Audit Reports, Internal Audit Reports, Tax Audit Reports, and various other Statutory and Management Certificates for various Indian and Multinational Companies.
- Important Clients audited were L & T Limited, Crompton
Greaves, Vanavil Dyes & Chemicals Ltd, and Thomas Cook
Oct 2000 to Oct 2003 Audit Specialist
M/s Rao and Murty , Chartered Accountants India.
- Finalizing statutory audit of banks and corporates
- Finalizing Internal Audit of various public and private sector banking companies in India
- Masters in Financial Management (MFM)
- Training on Oracle E Business Tax and R12 payables from Oracle Certified Trainers
- Oracle Certified Payables Consultant on Release 12 in 2010