Technology and business visionary with executive and hands-on experience in automating both small and large scale enterprises. Strong record of success in creating robust IT architectures and infrastructures. Proven ability to bring the benefits of IT to solve business issues while managing costs and risks. Led development and deployment of custom applications. 15 years internet experience including e-commerce. Provided strategic direction to senior management on technology. Built and grew client relationships by understanding clients\' business needs and generated new ideas to enhance client performance.
- Executive leadership and communications
- Technology architecture and integration
- Global IT delivery & project management
- Budgeting & cost control
- Executive client relationship management
- Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP) and Backup Contingency Planning (BCP)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations (SAP, Oracle, Great Plains)
- Staff development/management & team building
- Offshore outsourcing
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), bill 198 and PCI compliance expertise
- Leading edge software development
- Electronic commerce strategy & development
- Enterprise systems planning & integration
- Strategic analysis & internal consulting
- Process improvement
Dynamic management career with strong leadership, problem-solving, planning, team-building and project management skills. Recruited, developed, motivated and retained diverse staff, structuring them into teams that delivered results and savings. Full responsibility for P& L and multi-million dollar budgets. Established new business, developed current business relationships and ensured client satisfaction.
Confidential,2008 to 2011
Confidential, is the leading provider of onboard retail technology and solutions to the passenger travel industry. GuestLogix\' Mobile Virtual Store™ platformis the de facto standard in the airline sector representing over one billion passenger trips annually. The world\'s leading airline brands such as American, Delta, US Airways, United, Southwest, Ryanair and British Airways rely on GuestLogix to serve their customers.
Vice President, Information Technology
Provided executive leadership as head of global IT. Responsible for all aspects of strategic IT planning, implementation and support worldwide as an integral component of business plans. Engineered turnaround of IT’s performance and service levels. Transformed IT into a strategic business partner. Managed and delivered multiple large scale projects on time and within budget. Responsible for budgeting, design and support of all technology. Responsible for managing, supporting and servicing the account related needs of our strategic customers.
Directed Technical Support, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure and Logistics teams. Responsible for a staff of 20 people in addition to offshore resources.
- Effectively introduced and integrated new technologies: Internet, Intranet and Extranet sites for global customers and employees
- Developed and established operating policies and approaches for computing and information technology
- Chief consultant on technology to the CEO and executive team. Contributed to the definition of key strategic business objectives leveraging GuestLogix’ IT capability
- Established and implemented short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures
- Anticipated major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape
- Retained accounts through the development of strong relationships with key decision makers and users within the client’s organization. Actively sought out sales and up-selling opportunities
Confidential, 2006 to 2008
Confidential,is a global provider of processes and technologies designed for various environmental, municipal and industrial applications. Confidential,’s businesses are divided into two main groups: the Water Treatment Group and the Pulp and Paper Group
Confidential, is present worldwide and employed approximately 3,000 people.
Corporate Director, Information Technology
Provided executive leadership for this billion dollar multinational technology company.
Directed globally dispersed Infrastructure, security and software development teams. Responsible for a staff of 40 people with a budget of $45 million.
- Led technology teams to develop standards in all areas of IT emphasizing the global infrastructure
- Conceptualized, evaluated and implemented information technology strategies, plans and priorities for a comprehensive global information technology program
- Managed global relationships with key vendors and consultants
- Hired and managed geographically and ethnically diverse staff and helped train them to become cohesive teams
- Provided technical and business support for various enterprise-wide Internet and Intranet sites as well as numerous ERP systems
- Reengineered a number of sales, financial, marketing and Internet systems
- Established curriculum and participated actively in comprehensive training for corporation
- Hired, managed and retained staff while fostering productivity, quality and initiative
- Partnered with business unit executives to identify, develop and implement IT opportunities to improve the operating effectiveness and financial performance of the organization
COMMERCIAL LT BARODA (BETUS.COM) 2005 to 2006
BetUS.com is a leading online sports betting and sports wagering entertainment website, providing a safe and secure place for online gambling for more than 15 years. BetUS.com is recognized as one of the oldest and most respected online entertainment companies, offering the level of experience and industry expertise expected of a world-class sports book.
BetUS employs 700 people and offers service to more than 100,000 clients.
Chief Technology Officer
Responsible for all aspects of overall technology vision and software product development. Aligned technology vision with business strategy by integrating company processes with the appropriate technologies. Provided direction in all technology-related issues in support of information operations and core company values
Directed globally dispersed Infrastructure, security, support and software development teams. Responsible for a staff of 150 people with a budget of $30 million.
- Responsible for aligning organization’s technology deployment strategy with its business strategy
- Spearheaded delivery of first release of product on a scalable platform to support high transaction volumes with many concurrent users
- Oversaw the technology research and development efforts leading to new or improved systems. Determined criteria for screening new technology ideas for potential and practicality
- Developed content management programs for web and on-line services
- Setup and utilized Agile software development methodologies as well as ITIL concepts and practices
- Analyzed and improved upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market
- Held all financial responsibility for product development and services functions, including revenue utilization, margins and R& D budget
- Increased productivity through applications development and deployment
- Reviewed all department projects to ensure reliability, effectiveness and ROI, particularly for the consolidated Global Data Center
Confidential, 1995 to 2005
Confidential,was the leading provider of self-checkout systems to retailers in North America.
Optimal Payments was the payment processing division of Optimal Group Inc., with over $6.5 billion in worldwide processing annually. Optimal Payments provided the processing technology and services that businesses require to accept credit/debit card or electronic check payments for retail/point of sale, Internet and mail-order/telephone-order (MOTO) transactions
Optimal Group employed approximately 1000 people.
Responsible for all aspects of overall technology vision for company servicing some of the world’s largest retailers (Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Kroger, etc...). Launched start-up of an IS organization and developed a comprehensive enterprise-wide technology strategy to support the business plan. This included network selection, systems, desktop platforms, Internet and standard software configurations. Engaged in a variety of tasks including project management, coordination, strategic planning, relationship management, negotiation, leadership and innovative development of opportunities.
Directed network support, ASM (Automated Software Maintenance), interface support, quality assurance and software development teams. Responsible for a staff of 40 people with a budget of $25 million.
- Ensured that all internal IT standards met Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Developed corporate wide IT policies and procedures
- Scrutinized business cases for cost benefits analysis and drove selection of an ERP package for corporate and the divisions
- Created installation and implementation methodologies and teams to support demanding customer base which included Kroger, Costco, Wal-Mart, A& P and other Tier 1 retailers
- Strategic planning for the IT infrastructure and ERP system
- Initiated and developed in-house training department that enabled timely and cost effective delivery and end-user training
- Addressed client concerns and ensured the resolution of issues in a timely manner, with follow-up when appropriate
- Identified new business opportunities, markets and potential products
- Provided project leadership to employees, including budget control, production timetable, status reporting, client/project team coordination and quality assurance
- Managed all external vendor relationships as well as contract negotiations
- Ensured that the IT department had an effective Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) and performed periodic testing to ensure effectiveness
Executive Development Program (Mini MBA) Business Administration
Bachelor of Computer Science - Software Systems
- CISSP Certified (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) - International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium