Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Engineering,
Dean’s List: Fall 2008-Spring 2010
Graduated with Honors-May 2010
Computer: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Microsoft Outlook, MATLAB, Windows XP/Vista
Laboratory: Pull Testing, Tensile Testing/Instron, Af Machine, PaperChromatography, Curve Fitting, pH Analysis, pH meters,
Analytical balances, Titration, Pipetting, Lab Notebook, Centrifuge, Spectrophotometer, Statistical Analysis, cGMP.
Languages: Fluent in English, Gujrati, Hindi
Project Group Leader – Confidential
Project: Biofeedback Device for Hand/Arm Rehabilitation September 2009-May 2010
Main objective of this project was to design and develop a Biofeedback Device that can help stroke survivors recover their lost motor functions.
- Worked as a group leader and helped to optimize the current status of the equipment.
- Organized group meetings and prepared technical reports, progress reports, parts lists for final approval from project mentor.
- Learned how to hardwire circuit elements together and developed a light and portable power supply for the equipment along with other group members.
Confidential, Eatontown, NJ
Quality Engineering Intern September 2011-November 2011
- Provide hands on support for final inspection testing of stent parts by operating mechanical testing equipment such as pull testing, tensile testing using Instron machine and other lab instruments such as an Af tester.
- Aid in the smooth operation of QC lab by changing water /acid tanks daily and maintaining required quality control paperwork.
- Document lab results following GMP rules and assist in validation of new lab equipment.
Confidential, Ramsey, NJ
Validation Intern January 2011-August 2011
- Gain Proficiency in the use of MS Word and MS Excel in developing validation IQ/OQ/PQ protocols
- Prepare validation protocols for processing equipment including PLC Input/Output Test Document, PLC Pneumatic Electric Components lists, Installation Qualification, Operational Qualification, and Deviation Reports.
- Assist the validation team in executing protocols for laboratory scale fluid bed equipment.
- Perform software testing such as data entry tests, recipe creation test for fluid bed equipment.
- Gain knowledge on reading technical drawings like P&ID’s, Electronic Panel drawings, general arrangement drawings and solid dosage processing equipment drawings.
Confidential, Newark, NJ September 2005-April 2006
- Monitored Supply inventory in lab areas and assured adequate inventory is maintained
- Assisted researcher in research activities by weighing samples using analytical balances and setting up lab equipment to ensure smooth functioning of experiments.
- Use MS Excel to update experimental results in a timely manner and performed light microscopy work.
- Volunteer at Kearny Temple, Jersey City public library
- Member of Biomedical Engineering Society, International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineers