- Over 4 years of working experience in the field of Information Technology with emphasis on QA manual testing.
- Experience in testing web-based applications, financial applications and health care applications.
- Thorough understanding of complete software Testing Life cycle (STLC) and Defect Testing cycle.
- Firm knowledge of different phases of Software Development and Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Methodology and Waterfall.
- Expertise in analyzing user, functional and technical specifications.
- Experience in different types of Testing like Black Box, White Box, Integration, System, Functional and Regression testing.
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases, executed test cases and test reports.
- Developed and executed test scripts for functional testing including GUI, Integration, Regression System, Stress and UAT testing.
- Solid experience in creating test data to help developer and QA teams.
- Good experience in using tools like HP Quality center for Defect Reporting.
- Proficient in test estimation Methodologies, Test planning, writing and executing test cases and manual testing.
- Preformed multiple task, attending requirements review and responsible for, Functionality testing, Regression testing, UI testing, Back end testing, Database testing, Product testing, Positive testing and Negative testing.
- Knowledge and Experience in Content Management System (CMS).
- Expertise in problem solving and bug tracking.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and teamwork environments, energetic and perseverant self-starter who is known for excelling goals and objectives.
- Excellent analytical and logical abilities.
- Highly motivated and adaptive with an ability to grasp things quickly and possesses interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and verbal skills.
Tools: HP Quality center 9.x/10.0, QTP 9.0/11
Languages: C, C++, Java, Basics SQL, HTML, XML, BO Xi 3.0/3.1
Database Tools: MySQL, SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, Oracle 9i, MS Access
Microsoft Office: MS word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
Operating Systems: Windows95/98/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7
Education Qualification: Bachelor of Science
QA Tester Oct 2009 - Till date
Confidential is a Clark County School District in Nevada. The district project is to modernize and speed up their approval process by using new software called Travel Management System and also developed Business Objects Reports.
- Involved in the development of test plan.
- Interacted closely with the business analyst to understand the business process.
- Developed test cases for functional, integration and data driven tests based on use cases.
- Prioritized the testing of critical test cases over others based on feedback from the requirements and gathering meetings.
- Completely involved in the functional and integration testing of the application.
- Used verification points and conducted data driven test with the test data sets and verified the contents.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing.
- Applied strong organizational, time-management and planning skills to deliver the release on time despite intense pressure and aggressive timelines.
- Reporting of defects in share point and representing defects in defect review meeting on daily basis.
- Interacted with developers to resolve conflicting issues.
- Managing Home page content and posting announcements.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
QA Manual Tester Aug 2008-Sep 2009
The Sacramento Municipal Utility District was founded with the idea that providing electric power to Sacramento. District is upgrading their SAP system from SRM 4.0 to 6.0.
- Reviewed Business requirements, IT design documents and prepared test plans for all assigned project releases.
- Developed Test Plans for the system by using the Business Specifications.
- Involved in developing, updating, and writing the test cases and scripts based on analysis of requirements to describe the functionality of the system and user roles.
- Ensure that all the test cases are updated in the Quality center.
- Involved as a part of automation team using QTP.
- Created Test cases and scenarios for Unit, Regression, Integration as well as Back-end, GUI and system testing.
- Involved in performing User Acceptance Testing of the application.
- Conducted the system integration testing of the application for different modules.
- Manually executed and verified test cases and documented.
- Involved in testing the new functionalities based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Performed regression testing after development team has fixed the bugs.
- Update program management of QA status at the project level.
Confidential, Ontario, CA
QA Manual tester Jun 2007-July2008
Confidential now called Confidential. Has two divisions, Anchor Blue and MOST, both are fashion retailers. ABRG has stores in the United States. Anchor Blue and MOST have their warehouse in Ontario (Retailer Group Company).
- Involved in Test Plans and wrote Test Scripts for Manual Testing.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing, Black box and End User Testing.
- Used Quality Center for updating the status of all the test cases and test scripts that are executed during testing process.
- Involved in performing functional, application, integration, and system and regression tests.
- Responsible for the verification of the functionality of the Application on various browsers and its compatibility on internet explorer and Netscape Navigator and different versions of the web Browsers predominantly used in all business application environment .
- Investigated, noted and collected information on software bugs and reported the same to developers.
References: Available on request