- Extensive experience in Information Technology software and production engineering
- Extensive experience in design, development and product testing in manufacturing telecommunication environment
- Strong experience in Software Configuration Management and Integration Support for automated laboratory instruments and IVD platforms.
- Hands on experience with software imaging technologies like GHOST.
- Strong experience in Release management in an Agile environment and Build management (including tools and process for continuous integration, msbuilds, testing, coverage metrics, configurations, end - of-life for branches, etc.). Also, in managing all SDLC environments (dev, integration, qa, staging, production)
- Experienced in creating build/release and configuration management procedures
- Experienced in designing and implementing new features of the software release to the functional test software on the production floor within the validation domain.
- Skilled in creating documentation of all release, build specifications, disk imaging, and installation procedures
- Well versed in entering and tracking deployment and installation issues using JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Well versed with Bamboo (continuous integration tool) and subversion (version control)
- Demonstrated track record of developing applications using C, C++ language, and in managing and supporting a product single handedly at contract manufacturer.
- Work experience on both ‘Waterfall model and Agile model’ as software development processes .
- Developed many device drivers for microcontrollers and microprocessor with good understanding of RTOS concepts.
CM Tools: Atlassian JIRA/Bamboo,Subversion,VSS and Bugzilla
Languages: C, C++, Assembly, Perl
Cross Compiler and other tools: Keil, MPlab, and National Instruments Lab Windows CVI
Real Time Embedded Operating Systems: Vxworks Brew
Database: Microsoft Access,Oracle9i (SQL & PL SQL) and SQL Server
Platform: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP/7, Microprocessors like 8051, x86, ARM processors.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
Configuration and Integration Engineer
- Responsible for Software Configuration Management and Integration Support for automated laboratory instruments and IVD platforms.
- Responsible for deploying software sprint builds in an efficient manner.
- Implement and continuously improve reliable and speedy installations for development.
- Provide build status timely.
- Automate as much as possible to improve efficiency and quality.
- Assist in the debug and troubleshooting of system and software issues and investigation the resolution of functional software questions.
- Work closely with the SW Configuration Manager to deploy the build packages from the external SW development partners and teams.
- Bamboo was used for continuous integration tool and subversion for version control.
- Enter and track deployment and installation issues using JIRA.
- Troubleshoot software integration issues as it relates to 3rd party drivers. Work with 3rd party HW suppliers on driver updates and driver version management
- Oversees and creates documentation of all release, build specifications, disk imaging, and installation procedures.
Confidential, Germantown, MD
Software Configuration/Software Test Engineer
- Supporting telecommunication products at the contract manufacturer and involved in implementing overall production process for programming, testing and configuring products in volume production.
- Successfully implemented all configuration engineering tasks associated with the release of multiple products.
- Conducted smoke testing builds for accuracy and completeness prior to pushing to the Production environment. Work with developers to identify and resolve build or deployment problems.
- Designed and implemented new features of the software release to the functional test software on the production floor within the validation domain.
- Developed software for a configuration test station to automate the process on the production floor that helped improve the process and minimize the human error and save time at the contract manufacturer.
- Other responsibilities included integration, implementation, planning, and coordination with Projects, System Administration, and Customer Support.
- Created build/release and configuration management procedures.
- Created and organized support documentation used in the daily maintenance and repair activities of product test equipment.
- Responsibilities included coding and testing of test station software using National Instruments LabWindows CVI. Programming was done in C language.
- Visual source safe was used to integrate new features and for version control. Bugzilla used for bug tracking.
- Extensively involved in building test fixtures to validate the software build and test functionality of the telecommunication test products.
- Maintained and executed test cases and test plans to verify new features for the test instruments.
- Introduced statistical software (Minitab) on the test station to analyze test data and validate the test stand.
- Responsibilities included testing T1/E1, T3/E3, SONET, and SDH interface test functions. Developed test cases to verify new product features and update procedures. Worked with multiple communications protocols including Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
- Embedded Software Engineer involved in developing application for a security product in a startup entrepreneurial organization focused in designing custom applications for education institutions.
- Developed Embedded Applications for small footprint microprocessors.
- Organize and maintain the C/Assembly language source code in structured manner.
- Effectively used tools such as emulator to design, implement and debug firmware in C/Assembly languages, logic analyzers
- Extensively involved in coding, debugging and testing on Linux-based development tools Cygwin.
- Experience working with radio frequency product and tools such as SmartRF Studio.
- Responsible in developing a microcontroller based application system for a security product which uses wireless technology and numerous sensors.
- Extensively involved in coding, testing and documentation, programming was in C/Assembly for Philips 89Lv51RD2BN.
- Developed an architectural design for interfacing various peripheral with the microcontroller, such as serial- E2PROM and RTC on the I2C bus.
- Developed code to support on-board analog input channels, schedule blocks and auto-detection of hardware resources configured by the user.
- Involved in working with various sensors, GSM modem with microchip 18f452.
- Developed code in C using MPlab.
- Worked with hardware of mobile technologies for transmitting a text messages through radio frequency.
- Involved in developing a protocol to communicate with the mobile in two way communication for Cygnal.
- As a Team Lead, managed the development and life cycle of the product from prototype to production. Resolved technical issues and project issues and provide technical assistance to the team members.