- 6 years of diversified IT industry experience in the areas of Software Quality Assurance Testing.
- An Experienced QA Engineer with extensive proficiency in manual and Automation testing (Functional, regression, end to end and UAT) for various telephony and media android applications of major Android OEMs. 3GPP Protocol based baseband processor modem verification followed by bug tracking and report generation are major part of the experience.
- Good experience in Device testing (IPhone Android, Smart Phones), Test Planning and Execution. Business/Systems Requirement Gathering, Analysis for enterprise level projects
- Good Knowledge and Experience in JAVA, Python, .Net, SQL Server, Oracle 9i, AJAX, XML, Web Services etc.
- Experience working in Agile development.
- Hands on experience in testing at all levels of STLC and Bug Life cycle.
- Experience in using Robotium framework for Android application automation testing.
- Hands on with various mobile applications including iPhones, Android & iPad Device Anywhere Tool.
- Experience, testing wide range of mobile handheld devices from various vendors such as Samsung, HTC, LG, Nexus, Nokia, Huawei and Motorola and on GSM and CDMA phones.
- Analysis of ADB logcat - logs for defect analysis (application) for dump states and the crashes during system testing.
- Experienced in ADB commands, and installation of mobile files using ADB and Google play store.
- Experienced in extracting log cats using ADB commands.
- Mobile and desktop testing, providing extensive bug documentation, using screen-shots and video capturing software, log capturing (Charles Web Debugging Proxy, Windows crash logs, mobile logs)
- Experience, device testing in flaky internet connections and in Wi-Fi, 2G, 3G, 4G and 4G-LTE.
- Experience in cross browser testing web applications on browsers like Google Chrome, IE, Firefox, Android native browser, Safari and Google chrome for android.
- Experienced with tools like QC, QTP, Quality Center, JIRA, Mantis and Bugzilla for tracking defects and automation testing for project requirements.
- Testing a variety of applications within HTML, XML, JAVA, and PHP to include a few.
- Android Device testing including performance, Stability, Black screen and Battery drain testing.
- Hands on experience in working with SharePoint and PowerShell.
- Advanced PowerShell scripting, farm architecture & administration, backup/restore/migration.
- Experience, testing Provisioned and Non-Provisioned phones.
- Proficient in Functional, Integration, User Acceptance (UAT), Security, Load and Performance testing .
- Experience in design and execution of Test plans and Test Cases.
- Strong communication skills, good in multitasking and good team player
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, V-Model, Agile/Scrum.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional(QTP), Quality Center, Test Director, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Quality Center, Mercury Quality Center, Custom Excel Spread sheets, Selenium 2.4, .Net, ADB, Bugzilla, JIRA, HP Quality Center, and Integrity.
Servers: Web Logic, IIS, Web Sphere, Apache.
Languages: Java,J2EE,SQL, T/SQL, Visual Basic .NET,C,C++, Python.
Databases: Oracle9i/11i,MS SQL Server, MYSQL, MS Access, DB2, TOAD
Operating Systems: Windows 8 /7/Vista/XP, 2000, Mac, Android( 5,4.4,4.3,4.2,4.1,2.3), iOS 8.0.1., UNIX, Gobuntu.
Web Development: HTML, DHTML, VBScript, .NET, Flash, AJAX, XML web services.
Office Tools: Microsoft Project, MS Visual Source Safe, MS Visio, MS Office. Google docs.
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Mobile Test Engineer
- Understand the business process and developed the User stories and subtasks based on the requirement as per SLA (Service level Agreement) Performed incident/defect analysis for mobile device applications (QA Mobile Triage Team)
- Worked on Android, iOS, Amazon kindle devices and Confidential setup boxes, Mobile DVR, Routers Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
- Worked on capturing logs on Wife and BLE Setup boxes and Routers.
- Performed acceptance and regression testing on Confidential Set Top Box (STB) products.
- Executed End User test checklist to identify and log issues that directly impact the customer in addition to tests developed based on Confidential specifications.
- Perform analytics testing using Charles Proxy and Wireshark tools for Confidential application with LTE/Wi-Fi activity
- Preparing Framework for iOS and Android platform by using Python on Cucumber and Appium.
- Perform streaming quality tests for TV, Pay-Per-View, and Movie content
- Track user video streaming analytics Conviva.
- Automated Test cases for Android and iOS devices.
- Involved in regression bug scrubs meetings and prioritized the severity of bugs with the product owner
- Execution of testing new features in QA, staging and production environments
- Android and iOS mobile testing (phones and tablets), plus Kindle Fire, Apple TV Charles Proxy/Fiddler for collecting Omniture metrics
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings
- Metrics data collection for Confidential apps (mobile & connected devices) Functionality testing of all products based on each release.
- Worked on Integration, Functional, UX/UI Testing of new features.
- Reporting the bugs in Quality center/ Jira
Environment: Appium, Selenium, Dev test, Windows - 7, Jira, Source Tree, UNIX, SQL, Java Script, VB Script, Agile, XML, HTML, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. XCODE, ADB, PUTTY, CHARLES, Windows, MAC, Android SDK
CAQA Automation Engineer
- Working on Virtual Reality device that combines sunglasses with integrated electronics and software application on a Smartphone (Android & iOS) to perform monitoring and feedback.
- Testing Android and iOS application for Functionality, GUI, Performance.
- Did KPI testing (Key performance indicators) on battery performance of mobile and Oakley device on connecting to App on Faraday box environment.
- Did Localization testing on android and iOS radar pace app.
- Did battery life time testing on Radar pace device.
- Extensive experience on using Restful API.
- Performed GPS testing. Experience on TestNG framework and Integration with Selenium
- Collected Oakley Device logs using intel platform tools.
- Using the JMeter and JMeter Plugins, we test the load of the application step by step and recorded scripts for Mobile Applications.
- Testing on Amazon cloud Drive.
- Preparing Framework for iOS and Android platform by using Python and Cucumber with Appium application.
- Developed test case and performed validation the Common Connectivity Framework (CCF)
- Reporting issues with adb logs, DB logs, Mp4 files, screenshots, URL's, device logs (CUI) and proper description.
- Working directly with software developers and product leads and engineering team to isolate and debug issues and reported statistical summary daily and weekly.
- Host bug scrubs with QA team, analyze update and escalate issues to the development team.
- Writing test plans, test cases and other test documentation.
Environment: Appium, Selenium, JIRA, Rubidium, Jenkins, Java, Python, Cucumber, Android Visual Studio, XCODE, ADB, PUTTY, CHARLES, JMeter, Windows, MAC, Amazon cloud Drive, Android SDK, Git, intel platform tools.
Confidential. Seattle WA
Mobile Test Engineer
- Analyzing business, functional requirements and used and developed test plans, test cases and test scripts for both positive and negative tests.
- Implemented handset automation framework, scripting and execution Sanity, Regression, Stress and Boundary test cases for mobile applications using Device Anywhere Automation Tool.
- Following the standard test process guide for the QA Methodology.
- Implemented Wireless Handset automation framework, scripting & execution Sanity, Regression, Stress & Boundary test cases for mobile applications on Android, Apple, platforms on various iPhones & iPads using Device Anywhere Automation Tool.
- Used ADB commands to install, catch error logs, and screen shots from the android device.
- Performing functional, regression and integration testing using Automation tools to make sure the application conforms to the requirement specifications.
- Attached log cats and Screen shots to bugs, using Android SDK DDMS and ADB commands.
- Worked on Android, Windows Mobile platforms to qualify applications.
- Preparing reports and test results after each release cycle for management and further test planning.
- Developed test scripts on Device Anywhere according to test specifications/ requirements.
- Installed apk and tested device connections using ADB commands
- Identified the queries which were taking too long and optimized those queries to improve performance
- Used Device Anywhere, executed multi-user performance tests, used test suites, scheduler and other features of the Device Anywhere.
- Maintained and executed test cases using Quality Center.
- Created and implemented testing process for Agile methodology
- Performed functional, regression and integration testing using Device Anywhere to make sure the application conforms to the requirement specifications.
- Prepared reports and test results after each release cycle for management and further test planning.
Environment: Device Anywhere, Quality Center, Windows 2000, Quality Center 9.0, JSP, GSM, CDMA, UMTS, HTML, C#, .NET, SQL, TCP/IP, Android SDK, Monkey, Windows Mobile, J2ME, J2EE, Perl, Java script, XML, HTML, CSS, Ajax.
- Responsible for analyzing requirements, creating detailed specifications, and writing the Software Requirements Specification (SRS) document.
- Regularly participated in Technical and Used Case review meetings for various functionalities in the application.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, GUI, Regression, integration, regression, End to End and Production Verification testing.
- Executed more than 30 test suites covering more than 100 test cases.
- Performed exploratory testing on 45+ test cycles.
- Tested on Operating Systems - Android 2.3, Android 4.1.1, Win 7/8 with cross browser testing (IE /Chrome/Firefox), Participated in projects for various Industries such as Finance, Banking, E-commerce, Travel, Airlines, Hotel, Telecom, Media and Entertainment and Architecture and CAD
- Designed Test Cases using Software Requirements Specifications, Business Requirements and High Level Design Documents and Executed Manual Tests.
- Followed structured testing and bug-reporting procedures (JIRA) to report Functional, Technical and GUI bugs for Mobile (Android) testing and Web testing.
- Attached screenshots and video shots for Android and Web application bugs logged on JIRA.
- Logged-in valuable bugs with minimum rejections.
- Captured log files for crash logs and bugs for Android apps using Android SDK - Developers’ tool kit.
- Captured console logs on IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers using in-built developer options.
- Participated in pre-release builds, and many on-going projects with new builds.
- Triaged and verified logged bugs by other members of the team.
- Participated in discussion forums and actively communicated with the team.
- Large files were uploaded and downloaded using FTP sites
- Participated in load testing with 200members online, actively uploading, downloading, deleting and updating files.
- Participated in testing live products, and beta testing.
- Installed android apps using apk for testing purpose
Environment: Windows, Android OS, Apple iOS, Jira, MS Office Suite, JING.
Load Runner Performance Test Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, and data mapping requirement specifications interacting with client, developers and QA team.
- Used extensively Test Director to plan, design, implement, and execute test and to create the test reports.
- Participate in daily review meetings to counter daily problems.
- Following up with the developers for fixing the bugs.
- Performed Integration, System and Regression Tests.
- Executed the Batch job in Autosys and validated the data.
- Tested SQL queries, PL/SQL scripts to validate the data and performance of the database.
- Created SOAP UI Projects using the WSDL files and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Validated XML file against related XSD schema files using XMLSPY.
- Prepared Test Plan from the Business Requirements and Functional Specification.
- Performed validation tests to ensure that the developed functionality meets the specifications prior to UAT testing.
- Extensively tested several Business Objects Reports to validate the reports, the data and cosmetics of the report.
- Extensively used Informatica power center for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Managed and executed the test process, using Agile Methodology.
- Developed scripts in Load Runner/QTP.
- Involved in the automated testing of the application for the functionality testing using the Win Runner and recorded the test cases.
- Customized the whole application with Test Director tool and logged all the bugs with screen shots. Ran all the automated scripts through Test Director.
Environment: Win Runner 6.0, Test Director, Load Runner, SQL Server 2000, IIS, Windows 2000, ASP, ODBC, HTML, DHTML, Java script, Visual Interdev, J -script, VB-Script XML, XSL, COM, MS-Office, QTP, DCOM.