- Over 14 years of experience as a Software Engineer in Linux, Embedded Systems, Android, In - Vehicle-Infotainment(IVI), IoT(Internet of Things)and Mobile Devices.
- Experience in Multimedia applications, Multimedia frameworks (GStreamer, OpenMAX, DirectShow, Android Audio Flinger) and Designing User Interfaces on various platforms.
- Implementation of APPLE CAR PLAY Interfaces and integrating with the HONDA Head Unit stack.
- Experience with integration of Apple car play with HONDA headUnit (worked on Dopod, Apple iAP, Audio,Video(H264/MPEG/AVC), Bluetooth, GPIO modules...)
- Familiarity with CISCO CRS Routers, developed FPD upgrade for Route Processor Card, Line Card and Fabric Cards.
- Experience with networking technologies (TCP/IP, Http and Socket programming.).
- Experience in ARM assembly programming and Debugging tools (ARM ADS, RVDS, Linux GNU tools, Jtag) Code Optimization Techniques, Cross-platform code for multiple targets, Emulators and Performance Analyzer Tools
- Experience in developing code with sensitivity to thread-safety, concurrency and performance issues.
- Familiarity/Knowledge with specifications like Bluetooth (BlueZ stack), OMA DRM, OMA DM, CAN.
- Cross Tool Chain, Open Embedded, Set-up of Linux Environment on TI-OMAP, panda and beagle boards.
- Worked with outsourced/off shore development teams to manage application development schedules.
- Familiarity with multimedia standard Encoders and Decoders (MPEG, JPEG, H.264, MP3, MIDI, SMF, XMF, ADPCM, AMR and i-Melody).
- Developing test Automation tools in Linux.
- Experience in developing Applications on Qtopia Phone, Symbian Series 60, Windows Mobile, Windows CE
Languages &Technologies: C, C++, Qt, Multimedia frameworks (DirectX/DirectShow, OpenMAX, gStreamer, ALSA), Android Audioflinger, Apple Car Play, Yocto / Open Embedded(OE), Android Auto, BlueTooth (BlueZ stack), Socket programming, HMI, In-Vehicle-Infotainment(IVI), gtk+,H264,Audio, Video, IoT(Internet of Things) MP3, JPEG, Bitbake and ARM Assembly programming, Java,Java script, OMA DM, CISCO CLIs, CRS CHASSIS, Linux device drivers, MontaVista kernel.
Operating Systems: Linux, Android, Windows Mobile, Symbian, T-Engine(RTOS)
Tools: GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins, Yocto, Open Embedded,GNU Tools (gcc, make, GDB,), adb, svn, git, ARM Real View Debugger Suite(RVDS), ARM ADS, JTAG and CCS(Code Composer Studio)
Scripting: Shell Programming, Perl, Python
Software Engineer IV
- Writing the Open Embedded recipes.
- Implementation of s5c card interfaces for gateway team.
- Implementation of the scripts/tools for automation.
- Set up of the Link Aggregation between the routers and servers. Debugging of flooding in the switches.
- Deployment and bring up of the servers and network switches.
Senior Software Engineer
- Reverse engineered and implemented the API required for the Dp mobile application. Used interfaces of Media Codec, Wifi and NFC in android.
- Application to Eliminate MURAs (defective displays). Ported a python Image processing python code to c.
Senior Software Engineer
- Implemented the FPD Upgrade code for the CISCO Carrier Grade Routers (CRS) for CCC Module (Card Controller Chip). This feature provides the ability to do field upgrades on the SPI flash for the Local (used PCI interfaces) and Remote Cards (using Ethernet Interfaces).
- FPGA, PON and Switch images can be upgraded on Cisco Route Processor, Line Cards and Fabric Cards using this module.
- Applying security patches CVEs (vulnerabilities) across all versions/platforms of CISCO Routers and Switches.
- Bug Fixing for CISCO Infra/IOS code.
- Modified Bitbake recipes to introduce new packages and tools into the kernel SDK (used Yocto/ Open Embedded).
- Implemented Test Automation /Tools for the test team on a fully loaded chassis.( Made the stack ASLR compliant )
Sr. Software Engineer
- Integration of Apple car play with HONDA Head Unit( Infotainment system) and implementation of UI for Head Unit (Panda Board, Nvidia Jetson ...)
- Developed UI (HMI) for the HONDA Head unit IVI (In-Vehicle-Infotainment).
- Integrated the Apple car play stack with the Honda IVI, worked on Audio, HID, Command switch(using GPIO),Bluetooth etc.,
- Implementation of AUIDO layer interfaces using GStreamer and ALSA in HONDA head unit stack.
- Extending the GPIO pins so that it can generate the events for HOME, BACK and SELECT buttons on HONDA Head Unit.
- Debugging of OAA (Open Automotive Alliance).Evaluation of Dynamic Test Tool (DT10).
- Code reviews/approvals.
- Helped in creating CAN parser tool.
- Simulating of Android Wear in head unit.
- Fixing issues in CISCO IOS stack
- Implementation of CLI commands and Smoke testing on the Fully Loaded Chassis.
- Development of test tools for test team.
- Investigated and fixed the bugs related to AT&T Wifi hotspot specification requirements and enhancing the code.
- Responsible for the integration of the Android Audio (Audio Flinger and ALSA) stack
- Triage/Debug stability problems that are identified by the test teams. Verifying and propagating fixes for the software failures.
- Understanding for the Android frame works Audio Flinger and Stagefright.
- Root cause analysis of the issues after integration of bluetooth module.
Sr. Linux Developer
- Adding new features for Axon controller (component which controls and handles the event between GUI and Axon DVR (Digital Video recorder)).
- Customizing and Setup of Open Embedded Build system with Angstrom distro on Linux (Ubuntu ) from scratch ( used Linux kernel 2.6.22 )
- Implementing of Axon controller to Qt (on Linux).Setup of build and writing of build system scripts.
- Profiling Axon controller using valgrind. Test automation of AXON and DVR.
- Analysis of using Linux audio driver (ALSA) on AxonDVR. Implement UI using Android.
- Identified the bugs and performance related issues with third party applications like camera rotation performance, delay in receiving the mail from Xperia mail client, device power consumption, and stability related issues.
Sr. Software Engineer
- Proposed a Multimedia framework. and High Level Design document.
- Developed/Implemented HTTP interface layer for OMA DM.
- Understanding of SHP and WPP platforms of Samsung and Qualcomms CMX Interfaces.
- Participated in the code reviews of Common Database. Porting of OMA DM on to Samsung’s WPP platform.
- Designing and Implementation of UI .Developed various UI screens like video viewer and video recorder, splash screens, context help, customized skins, animated message box, settings list, etc... for Vidrunner product.
- Optimization of the given code to increase the performance. Debugging and testing on different screen devices.
Sr. Software Engineer
- Developed UI to display the SCF parsed data and create an Installation package for SFC parser tool.
- Implementing the OMA DRM stack so that music content can be delivered securely for playback on computers
- Developed the UI and Audio Playback Interface which uses PCM data to drive the audio.
- Written the core functions of the Audio Engine in ARM assembly for performance optimization
- Integrated Audio synthesizer as a Device Driver Module in Monta Vista Linux
- Integration of audio affects (surround, equalizer) to the Audio Engine stack.
- Implemented Synthesizer as a DirectShow Transformation filters and made Compatible to Windows Media Player.
- Optimized the AMR encoder by converting part of code to ARM assembly
Software Engineer (contract), Japan
- Fixing issues in the N900i mobile Phone (Folder display, Soft key display and Play List display, Media Player).
- Setup of T-Engine board (on Linux) and to study the different Drivers of the system.
- Building and Of RPMS and writing of Spec files .Configuring and Building the kernel images