- Pursuing a Product Management role, where my Technological, Leadership, Agile, and Project skills can be utilized to their full potential. To apply best practice values toward real world problems. I have extensive Cable Domain and Project/Product Management experience in Software Delivery Management.
- Equipped with the experience, degrees, and certifications that allow technological and managerial strengths to be employed in strategic roles.
- Certified Scrum Master, pending PMP exam, MSM in IT Project Management
- Over 10+ years’ experience managing multiple concurrent software products for cable television, ranging from small - scale strategic trial initiatives to enterprise-wide operations. Settops, Java, FTP, Linux, back office and client development/integration.
- Ability adhere/enforce adherence to project baseline project plans of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Expert-level experience coordinating, planning, communicating, developing, testing, and deploying the systems development life cycle (SDLC) in projects, including the ability to use both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Skilled in developing, overseeing, and executing IT projects with a team in Jira and MS Project
Lead Test Engineer
- Planned, staffed, trained, and executed test cycles, for DTA video devices.
- Kickoff to end of test cycle. Under my guidance and leadership, new code containing EPG and Advertising was made available to 7 Million households.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CO
Test Engineer/Scrum Master
- At the forefront of development decisions, code reviews, and test methodology discussions.
- Tested Open Digital Navigator and Mystro Digital Navigator products in support of Legacy video services for Time Warner Cable while validating nearly all back-end and front-end components of the video, VOD, Portal platforms.
- Planned, executed, and delivered many high profile products including Customer facing VOD portals, Data Driven unified product portals, quarterly releases of matrixed products of back office, national services, and STB navigators.
- Perhaps the most aggressive was Cloud DVR (CDVR) delivered against a looming FCC mandate.
- This product married several internal, external, and contentious 3rd party contractual obligations.
- I was responsible for overseeing Initiate>Plan>Execute>Control cycles of critical timeline for majority of 7.5-year tenure.
- I became especially keen at optimizing teamwork dynamics to exceed organizational goals; mentoring subordinates; and identifying individuals’ strengths and providing them avenues to apply them effectively while managing integration of products to completion and delivery to production.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Quality Assurance Test Engineer
- Discovery, testing, and documentation of software test components in support of the Vericept Pro Data Loss Prevention product.
- Duties required dependable skills in database querying; a thorough understanding of the transmission control protocol/ internet protocol network; and attention to detail when configuring and administering the Linux operating system.
- Contract position with emphasis on SDLC and test process specific capture and documentation. Test Link, JIRA, and Bugzilla, MS Project used for effective tracking and monitoring purposes.
Confidential, Centennial, CO
Code Download Engineer
- Rapid preparation of code download support group for internal digital-to-analog code download support of local Confidential divisions (22 million-plus subscribers). Department development entailed technical training, process and procedure creation, metrics, monitoring, and communication planning. Successfully orchestrated the creation of the code download support group while maintaining code download support efforts for National Access Service’s cable product (1.2 million subscribers).
Confidential, Centennial, CO
Test Mgr. /Sr. Software Engineer II, Systems Integration & Test
- Planned, led, and executed testing initiatives for products supporting millions of AT&T/ Confidential customers and subscribers.
- Managed software test group in support of centralized cable Access Control system for 15 million subscribers.
- At forefront of Confidential development, deployment, and support of video-on-demand and national marketing initiatives. Strongly participated in multi-vendor/partner collaboration of CableLab 1.1 metadata specification. Expertise in Service Oriented Architecture and TIBCO Software-oriented application testing and troubleshooting.
- Utilized manual and automated testing tools, such as MQTP and Green Hat, as needed to validate actual system results for distributed systems using Oracle Db, Web Service, JMS messaging, C++ back-ends, and many varieties of graphical user interface, UNIX, and Windows server/clients. Filled role of project manager in SDLC planning, using MS Project, and monitoring product development from initiation through production deployment.
Confidential, Littleton, CO
Quality Assurance/Configuration Management Inspector
- Managed quality assurance processes related to B2 Bomber project; was subject to numerous military standards (AS9000 and IPC) from creation to implementation to closure. Inspected hardware assembly, hardware testing, software testing, and DoD documentation/approval to governmental and Northrop Grumman representatives of optical radar (LIDAR) system.