- Highly skilled in creating and executing comprehensive test plans, Test Scenarios, Test cases, automation test scripts from Requirements documents, Functional specification, Detail Design Documents, General Design Documents, Use Cases, UML, wireframes of a project/system/application
- Experienced with SDLC and STLC from Verification to Validation.
- Experienced working in Waterfall and Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Strong Manual and automation testing skills including test development, execution and reporting.
- Automation experience using HP QTP/UFT (able to create automation scripts from scratch).
- Ability to set up various Automation Frameworks like Data - Driven, Keyword-driven, and Hybrid.
- Working Experiencing on HIPAA X12 Standard for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Ability to interact with QA, Product Management, Developers, Project Management and the Application Team to clarify any issues encountered in the Project.
- Ability to write clear and concise bug reports with actionable steps to reproduce
- Working Knowledge of SQL and database usage; database testing, data manipulation, back-end testing
- Quality Assurance Testing of web-based and client-server applications, Mainframe and Backend testing.
- Good Knowledge of creating Medical claims, Billings, enrolling subscribers and members in Facets 4.7.1/5.01.
- Comfortable working with MVS/ZOS Mainframe Platform, COBOL, JCL, SQL UNIX.
- Experience working on QTP/UFT for regression testing.
- Created Global Functional libraries for Automation using VB Scripting in QTP-Quick Test Professional.
- Extensive experience in testing Client/Server and Web-based Applications.
- Expertise in Bug reporting tools such as Quality Center / HP ALM.
- Hands on working experience with EDI transactions like 834 Enrollment, 835 Health Care Claim Payment/Advice, 837 Claims, 270 Eligibility inquiries, 271 Eligibility responses, 276 Claim status inquiry and 277 Claim status response277.
- Experienced in Front-end and back-end testing; Black Box Testing, Functional Testing, UI Testing, Database Testing, Integration Testing, Web Service, security Testing, Regression Testing, Browser Compatibility, end-to-end, ad-hoc, Load/Performance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing(UAT).
- Experience in working collaboratively and with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to determine appropriate action to resolve issues quickly and track deliverables.
- Hardworking, Dedicated, Flexible and versatile to adapt any new environment and work on any project.
- Thorough, Self-motivated, responsible and a self starter
- Have ‘can-do’ and ‘test to break’ attitude and great attention to details.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written verbal communication skills and along with the proven ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
Automation Tools: Quick Test Professional (QTP), HP UFT 12.0, 11.5 11.0,10.0,9.5,9.2, HP ALM, Quality Center(QC), 11.0,10.0,9.5,9.2, Win Runner 7.8/7.6/7.5, Load Runner188.8.131.52, JBehave, Silk Test
Test management Tools: Test Director, JIRA, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Defect Tracking Tools: Rational Cleat Quest, Quality Center, Remedy ARS, Team Track
Reporting Tools: Cognos, Crystal Reports, and Business Objects.
Programming Languages: Mainframe, Cobol, Visual Basic, .Net, C++, SQL
Bug Tracking Tool: Bugzilla, JIRA, Rational ClearQuest, HP ALM, Quality Center
Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell Scripting, java Script, VB Script
RDBMS: SQL Server 7/2000, ORACLE8i/9i/10g, MS-ACCESS.
GUI: PEGA, Java Graphical User Interface, Visual Basic, Microsoft Office, Forms and Reports.
Operating System: UNIX, MS-Windows NT 98/2k/XP, MS-DOS
Confidential, Rochester, NY
Software Test Engineer III
- Discuss the requirement with the business analyst and Product owner and understand them properly.
- Participate in Sprint Planning/Pre-planning meetings and point the story for each sprint.
- Discuss the acceptance criteria with stakeholders for each story before testing developed code.
- Create the Client data setup in various environments and constantly update them to ensure testing is done against the correct data.
- Create the test plan and test case document based on acceptance criteria.
- Using JIRA for create and manage user story, QA Task, Create & Track the defects
- Involved in UI testing for developed code in browsers and mobile devices.
- Create defect for any unexpected test results, UX behavior and data issues.
- Automate the developed features after testing for Regression purposes.
- Create automated regression test each sprint for newly developed feature and functionality.
- Using selenium for create and run automation script.
- Document the features delivered in each Major/Minor release and update it in SharePoint.
- Participate in retrospective meetings and Demo meetings after every Sprint is complete.
- Feature Testing on cross-browsers including IE11, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari and mobile devices both iOS and Android to ensure web objects are working as per the UI design.
- Using Perfecto for Mobile Testing and also using Physical devices
- Regression testing is performed on all browsers and devices to identify any new or existing defects.
- Exploratory testing is performed end-to-end on AUT to verify that result data is correct.
- Service testing using SOAP UI against various endpoints to validate response.
- Inspect the web objects and identify the components have unique auto-ids wherever expected.
- Custom Reports are created and compared for various Client data against the Baseline report.
Sr. QA Analyst
- Worked with Agile team to understand user Stories, requirements and acceptance criteria of changes request, different module, area, portal, landing pages and section of the application.
- Involved in Sprint planning and Backlog Grooming session to estimate and provide task for each of user stories scoped for release.
- Conducted Smoke testing, SIT(System Integration Testing), Functional Testing, UAT, Regression, Front-End, Back-end and security testing, E2E, GUI Testing
- Conducted UAT, functional and Regression testing for all features and sprints of the Application according to testing needs and Acceptance criteria.
- Testing the Mainframe Online screens (CICS) and browsing through in ZOS/Mainframe platform on which the UCM Mobile app is working.
- Performing Mobile App Testing in all iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Android devices
- Using iPhone (6,6+,6S,6s+,5,5S,4,4S), iPad (iPad Air, iPad Mini) with iOS (9.1, 8.1, 7) and Android devices Samsung Galaxy (S6,S5, S2), Google Nexus 4,7 with OS (5, 4.4,4.3, 4.2, 4.0)
- Updating and installing new Builds through by Hockey App and TestFlight after getting a notification email from developers.
- Used HP ALM for develop and execute Test cases and also defect management
- Mapping user stories in TFS (Team Foundation Server and MTM to create visibility for team members.
- Creating and executing Test Cases in MTM.
- Followed expected workflows from “new” “resolved” and “Closed” when assigning, re-testing and closing Bugs in TFS and MTM( Microsoft Test Manager) .
- Responsible for logging defects, attaching evidence, assigning and retesting defect
- Continuously Communicated with Developers and the Product owner about issues noted before creating new tickets
- Working multiple projects simultaneously with difference team members.
- Created SIT and UAT test plan for NDC according to BRD and Technical Requirements
- Validate various EDI Transactions like 837I, 837P, 834,835,276/277,270/271.
- Worked on EDI Transaction set 837 P/I/D, 276/277 feed to allow for change in the claim number
- Used Facts 5.20 for Medical claim processing 837P and Institutional claim processing 837i
- Developed Test Plan with test scenarios from the end user perfective for user acceptance testing
- Map NDC, Unit and measurement code per line item provided on the 837
- Create NDCREQD edit code in Front End Edits service for all J code, S, Q and CPT Code.
- Used Medi-Span Database as an NDC Validation source.
- Applies to claim line items with an NDC and charge about greater than $500.00.
Confidential, Dayton, OH
- Prepared Test Plan and defined the testing approach, resources and time lines.
- Created Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts from business requirement document and functional requirement document for web based application and uploaded them in HP Quality Center.
- Worked on HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets Standards according to the test scenarios such as 834, 835 and 837 transactions.
- Developed Test Cases from the requirements and scenarios for functional and regression testing.
- Coordinated with the QA team and developers to prioritize defects and rectify them. Participated in the Release meetings to triage the bugs.
- Created tests using descriptive programming.
- Extensive testing experience with Members enrollment, Member services, Premium billing, Provider management, Claims processing, Provider reimbursement and Claims adjudication.
- Performed Gap Analysis, updated report layout and documented the changes.
- Developed Test case Repository that contained the pool of Regression Test Cases of the business critical components for building the Automated Regression Test suites in UFT.
- Tested the Claims, Members, subscriber and Providers in Facets.
- Used Quality Center (HP ALM) for preparing the Test Plans and manual Test scripts.
- Worked in enrolling subscribers using Subscriber/ Family sub application of Subscriber/Member in FACETS. Reported Defects using Quality Center (HP ALM). the defect life cycle, generating customized graphs and reports for the client, using Quality Center (HP ALM).
- Responsible for data mapping of enrollment 834 transactions X12 file layout Source to Target.
- Worked on EDI transaction 837, 834, 835, 270, 271, 999.
- Worked in creating claims electronically using batch jobs
- Hands on Experience in creating groups using Groups sub application of Subscriber/member application of facets 5.01.
- Created test cases for test claims in ICD 9 and ICD 10.
- Effectively used various intakes on each Reference IDs to populate/create further data, and to perform regression testing.
- Worked on Facet’s Provider Application in order to resolve provider related issues.
- Experience in HIPAA EDI transaction codes such as 270/271(inquire/response health care benefits), 276/277(Claim status), 834(Benefit enrolment), 835(Payment, 837(Health care claim).
- Performed Backend Testing by writing SQL statements to review the returned data to ensure that the correct data was retrieved.
Environment: JAVA,J2EE,SOA, Agile Scrum Methodology, MS SQL Server, MS Project, HP Quality Center/ALM, UFT/QTP, SharePoint, MS Visio, Facets.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
Sr. QA Analyst
- Understood the code organization and code specification of ICD 10.
- Developed Test Data for ICD 10.
- Wrote and execute the test cases on reports and extracts for Enrolment, Billing, Finance, Marketing and ICD 10.
- Wrote SQL Queries on the FACETS membership and Billing Data Tables and compare results with Subscriber/Family on FACETS frontend.
- Expertise in creating Data Driven and parameterized automated test scripts using QTP and VBScript
- Experience with FACETS data Model.
- Execute the EDI Load process to Verify that Claims are validated as per business rules and claims are successfully loaded for the Adjudication; tested the loading of Claims data into FACETS.
- Involved in Testing FACETS for Group Information, Enrolling Subscribers, adding members, related Entities, Class/Plan Definition, Premium Rate Tables and all.
- Executing WSDL Test Cases and verification of data, Schedules etc.
- Used MS Access to pull up and Query Database.
- Created and executed scripts in QTP for Functionality testing.
- Executed automated test cases in QTP through Quality Center and reported defects.
- Worked on Requesting enrollment of subscribers in FACETS by filling membership request form for different Plans and products.
- Preparing sample Test Data and executing Test cases using HP Quality Center.
- Provide support to end users while Manual execution of UAT with proper test scenarios & test data working in Agile environment.
- Developed SQL queries, functions, stored procedures and triggers to perform the backend testing of the data.
- Excellent working knowledge of designing and implementation of all QA test strategy plans and Manual test solutions for client/server and Web applications.
- Monitored RTM to close the defects/cases as and when developers resolved the defects.
- Tracked Defects using Quality Centre and Attended Bug Review Meetings.
- Reviewed Technical Design Documents, Mock Documents and Run Documents in PVCS.
- Reported the Project Status and Activates to the Supervisor on Weekly Basis.
- Involved in Preparing the Test Cases, Test Data in Quality Centre for Report Repository Upgrade.
- Work with Developers, Infrastructure Teams to resolve the Issues.
- Work on HpXr Database and Confidential Server where some flat files are FTP’s and dumped thereafter used SQL as the information needed for future reference.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9, HP QTP, Quality Center, Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL*Plus, Windows 2000, Business Objects, DB2, UNIX.
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
- Wrote Test Cases and Test Scenarios based on the functional specification and technical specification and documented in the Mercury Quality Center.
- Involved in preparation of Test Strategy document that defines the test environment, Phases of testing, Entrance and Exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required conducting the effort.
- Involved in the meeting with SME (Subject Matter Experts) and Technical Lead and Project Manager
- Built a v5010- compliant Professional and Institutional Encounters Extraction and Reconciliation solution for the Encounters Repository database.
- Meat and satisfied State - mandate Quality and formatted specifications for all submitted Encounters data.
- Provide complete End-to-End transaction Management (“Closed Loop Accounting”) that accurately provides status information about the reporting of any.
- Participated in the test environment setup and ensuring that the facilities, test tools and scripts are in the place to successful perform the required testing effort.
- Developed scripts for automation testing and performed automated testing using QTP (Quick Test Professional)
- Used QTP (Quick Test Professional) for reporting, Scheduling, Interacting, invoking the Test Scripts.
- Worked on Automation scripts were developed using QTP to test the functionality of the links and its navigation to determine the correctness of the expected business flow.
- NY state Started accepting a new version of MEDS encounter submission files - MEDS III
- Worked one entire E2E testing from SIT and regression perspective for NY MEDS III Encounters (Advocate, Advocate complete, Others LOBs and Liberty) for all the claim types - Professional (P), Dental(D), Institutional (I), Professional to Institutional (P2I) and Pharmacy(D).
- Execute Test Cases Manually to verify the Expected results.
- Used Quality Center for documenting the test Scripts
- Used Quality Center to Track, Analyze and Document the Test Plan.
- Defects are Logged & tracked into Quality Center and assigned them to the Developer or business users
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification request Issues.
Confidential, Augusta, ME
QA Analyst/ Tester
- Testing and re-engineering of 835,837,270,271,276,277 ANSI X12 Formats
- Conduct daily status meeting and defect meetings with stake holders.
- Closely work with Business and Application coordinators regarding the testing activities.
- Scheduling training sessions to team members in new technologies and projects in compliance with HIPAA.
- Thorough documentation of testing procedures and methods.
- Actively participated in design meetings
- End-to-End testing of claim processing of HMO, Medicare, Medical claims.
- Testing the interest calculator for unpaid claims
- Testing the EDI claims(X12) including HMO, Medical(Medicaid), and Medicare
- Extensively used SQL Server for testing the backend claim database.
- Develop Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test cases.
- Conduct daily status meeting to analyze the testing activities.
- Involved in System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing.