- 5+ years of experience in Software QA Testing
- Extensively experienced in Software testing for various domains.
- Strong understanding of Software development practices and its phases such as requirement engineering, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Profound Knowledge of Testing standards, Test processes, Test artifacts and Milestones.
- Expert in analyzing Business Specifications and developing Test plans, Test cases and Test scripts.
- Extensively experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Waterfall, Rapid Application development and Agile/Scrum.
- Experienced in performing Positive and Negative testing, GUI, Integration testing, System testing, Functional testing, Smoke testing, Configuration Testing, Regression testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experienced in HP ALM/Quality Center - Design Test Steps, Requirement Mapping to Tests, executing Tests Manually, Defect Logging, and Defect Reporting.
- Skilled in developing Test cases and Test scripts using Test Management Tools like HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Good Knowledge on various tools like SQL Developer, MySQL, Oracle etc.
- Experienced in designing, implementing and maintaining Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Modular Driven and Hybrid Automation frameworks by using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in writing automation scripts for various QTP/UFT Add-ins (Web, Java, Visual Basic, Flex, Terminal Emulator and SAP).
- Extensively experienced in using Quick Test Professional (QTP)/UFT for Regression testing.
- Expert at Daily reporting of testing status to Management and Project team with detailed metrics, updates and impediments.
- Good knowledge in Analysis of Bug Severity, Bug Tracking system and Bug Reporting.
- Adaptability to work within a variety of environments and a high tolerance for risk and stresses associated with tight deadlines.
- Possessed good analytical, presentation and strong communication skills.
Testing Tools: HP Quick Test Professional, HP Quality Center, HP ALM, HP UFT, JIRA, SOAP UI, Selenium
Scripting Tools & Languages: VB Script, .NET, Java, SQL, XML, HTML, C, C++, Java Script,MatLab
Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux
Software Methodologies: AGILE SCRUM, Waterfall, V-models, HP Quality Center, HP ALM
Database Interface: Toad, Microsoft SQL, DB2, MS Access, Oracle
MS Tools: MS Office, MS Outlook, PowerPoint MS Visio, MS Excel
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Test Automation Engineer
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Conditions, Test Designs, Test Templates and Test Reports.
- Worked on integration and regression testing, executing test cases.
- Identified Test cases based on the requirements, participated in implementation of Test Cases, and Test Script according to the Business Requirements, System Requirements.
- Performed different kinds of testing like Black Box, GUI, Functionality, Integration, Regression, Usability, System, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Coordinated with the UAT, BETA and Project management teams and performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the Users.
- Extensively tested security testing, reports module, user roles testing
- Responsible for attending regular project team meetings and monthly releases.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix and also updated the Requirement traceability matrix timely with the changes in HP ALM.
- Developed and maintained Manual and Automation test scripts through HP ALM.
- Used HP ALM for Bug Tracking, Bug fixing, and Bug Reporting.
- Involved in the Database Testing using SQL Queries of the Application like checking all the Tables in the Database and checking whether the data is moving in their Respective Tables.
- Performed functionality and regression testing during the various phases of the application using UFT.
- Performed Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using UFT.
- Worked with Regular Expressions in GUI maps to run the tests in System Test, Integration Test, and UAT using VB script in UFT.
- Performed functional testing using UFT, extensively used checkpoints for Object, Text, Table, and Pages.
- Performed Data-Driven Testing and Text Output values by using Global and Local spreadsheets in UFT for testing multiple data.
- Developed a Hybrid Framework using UFT.
- Defined the various keywords and functions used in the Framework using UFT; created accordingly Folder structure with the Automation framework.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Participated in business-requirements gathering and other documentation reviews to extract Test Scenarios.
- Tested Web application and also Web Services using agile scrum methodology for testing and work as per assigned sprint.
- Worked on third party integration to test the associated application functionality.
- Created Test Cases, Scripts based on functional specification, prepared test data for simultaneous and combined Trade testing.
- Creating Scripts in Selenium.
- Executing Selenium test cases and Reporting defects.
- Strong experience on selenium Web driver
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using HP Quality Center.
- Configured Maven tool and created automation scripts in java.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using open source tools like HP Quality Center, SOAP UI.
- Involved in writing test cases and reviewing test cases written by other team member in HP Quality Center.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using HP Quality Center.
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Used Maven for the dependencies.
- Involved in Designing& Developing data driven framework using QTP and implemented Java Mail to send the regression result automatically.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using QTP.
- Developed test automation scripts using QTP for regression testing of the various releases of the application.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Involved in acceptance testing.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Maintained Test Plan, Test Conditions, Test Data and Expected results for Functional tests.
- Involved in writing Test cases for the main application functionality such as validation, business workflow.
- Analyzed Business Requirements document and Functional Specification document to developed Test Plans, Created and executed Test Cases, maintained Defect Management and reviewed Test Results.
- Conducted manual testing, Test Validation, independently supported various QA Test Cycles and Production Cycles.
- Studied Functional specifications and requirement documents to develop new test cases manually for the latest release of the application.
- Performed manual testing of the application.
- Extensively involved in performing Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, End-to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in updating test cases and execution of test cases in Quality Center.
- Involved in writing SQL queries, Database Checkpoints to verify data quality and calculations, reviews.
- Extensively involved in writing, executing and analyzing UAT, Database Checkpoints, and Data Driven Test Scripts for all the projects using Quick Test Professional.
- Created, enhanced and maintained high value test scripts for various functional testing using Quick Test Professional.
- Used VB Script for writing and managing automation scripts.
- Responsible for all test documentation and defect tracking.
- Communicated with Application Developers, Project Manager and other Team Members on Application testing status on an ongoing basis when necessary.
- Attended review meetings and walkthroughs to discuss the status of the project.