- 3+ Years of experience in Information Technology with strong emphasis on quality Assurance.
- Strong experience in test automation tools like TestNG, selenium, Protractor and HP UFT
- Working as an automation test engineer from 3 years in two different projects.
- Very good understanding of Test Methodologies and Executing, Manual and Automated Testing for Web - based applications, back end, web service applications and implementation of Best Practices.
- Experienced on tools like Advanced REST client, SOAP and SOA tools for the Webservice testing using XMLS and JSON objects.
- Experience in mobile automation testing tool Appium.
- Proficient in using the defect management tools like Quality Center, Rally, TFS and JIRA.
- Hands on experience on performance testing tool Load runner.
- Good exposure in creating documents like Status Report, Summary Reports, Test Logs, issue and defects
- Coordinated testing efforts and effectively interacted with team members.
- Worked extensively on creating Traceability Matrix between Requirements and Test Cases
- Excellent Organizational, Analytical and Problem-solving skills and ability to quickly learn new technologies. Good communication, interpersonal and Teamwork skills and leadership Qualities.
Software tools: Eclipse, Selenium, Protractor, Jasmine, TestNG, QTP, Bamboo, Bit Bucket, Jenkins, Behavior driven development (BDD), Cucumber, Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL server, MySQL, TOAD, Mainframes, GitHub, TFS, Appium mobile testing, Load Runner, Amazon Web Services, REST API, Quality centre, Rally, IBM Watson, Load Runner, LISA, SOAP UI, Wireshark, Hexawise
Operating Systems: Windows, MAC, Linux
Automation test lead and QA AnalystResponsibilities:
- Developed new open source based automation frameworks selenium, Testng and protractor with coding language as Java and Java script to replace UFT based on the application type which saves licensing costs 7-8K dollars each year per license.
- Developed JAVA based framework, for Listeners application, data movement applications using TestNG framework making use of memory queue services to parse and persist XML and JSON messages and reducing the execution time by 85% compare to existing automation framework, and integrated it with the Jenkins jobs to complete the CICD process.
- Introduced CICD process for the Angular applications using Protractor, Jasmin framework using JAVA Script, and integrated it with Atlassian tools like, JIRA, Zypher, Bamboo and bit bucket which reduced manual intervention of QA work and validations.
- Implemented BDD using Cucumber and in the project to improve the requirement understanding between business and technical team.
- Developed Smoke test scripts for non-production builds using Automation tools like Protractor, UFT and integrating it with Jenkins and Bit Bucket.
- Analyzed business requirements document, functional specifications document to prepare Test plans, test strategies and Test cases
- Lead QA responsibilities for infrastructure activities, and analyzing the applications impact level based on the change and coordinating with different application teams
- Analyzed the new user stories, providing test efforts and prioritization of the user stories.
- Used test management tools Quality Center and JIRA for maintaining and tracking the test efforts.
- Functional Testing activities includes user story analysis and estimations, test case creation, execution and Performed Functional, Integration, Regression and end to end testing
- Executed Performing Mainframe testing using the internal tools.
- Leading the team of 4 members in the team, reviewing their work, and coordinating the work between testing and development teams.
Test Analyst and Automation EngineerResponsibilities:
- Automated test cases using Page Object Model and excel based framework using selenium Web Driver tool and QTP for our e commerce application which reduced the licensing costs.
- Involved in User Story analysis for new requirements using custom Agile Development Methodology and prioritization of the user stories.
- Attended daily scrum calls, stand up meetings and grooming sessions with onshore team
- Test execution involves User interface (UI) testing, Web services testing and DB testing using SQL queries
- Worked in development environment by deploying the code from Dev branches of SVN to local machines formally known as Dev Box Testing
- Performed Load testing using Load Runner tool
- Improved the documentation of testing practices to enhance their reusability and encouraging industry standards and best practices
- Lead the team of 4 members and reviewing the work of the team members and Maintain Test Cases Repository, Test Execution, Bug Report, and Test Summary Report Preparation.