- I have obtained over nineteen years of progressive technical experience in the dynamic environment of the computer technology industry in the areas of quality assurance, support, training, and systems engineering.
- I also have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with technical and non - technical people.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows, Apple OS X, and Linux operating systems, including server variants;
- Proficient in networking; adept at configuring and troubleshooting hardware and software;
- Experienced with various diagnostic tools; able to work well in a dynamic environment; self-motivated;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; working knowledge of WinRunner, Visual Test, shell scripting, and perforce.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
GPGPU Quality Assurance Engineer
- Tracked and regressed daily test failures from automated testing.
- Worked with driver developers to debug and resolve test failures
- Validated issues reported by registered developers and assign to proper development area. Built, configured, and maintained test systems used for cross platform automated test farm.
- Administered automated test farm and networking environment.
- Developed improved testing techniques.
OEM Quality Assurance Engineer
- Headed the major OEM customer account. Reviewed and validated all issues reported by OEM customer and assign them to the appropriate development group.
- Assisted software and driver developers to debug and resolve reported issues. Collaborated with program managers to prioritize issues, perform test requests, and verify bug fixes. Executed sub system qualification and validation testing as required for developing projects.
- Resolved issues reported by independent software vendors for graphic workstation applications.
- Recommended more effective testing techniques and tools.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Senior Engineer, Project Test Lead
- Created test plans, cases, and strategies for installed software and components of all VAIO desktop and notebook computers.
- Discovered, reported, and troubleshot defects found on Sony proprietary and third party software.
- Participated with program managers to prioritize defects. Localized and edited documentation for VAIO systems and software
- . Frequently assigned to oversee components deemed critical by program management for each product cycle.
- Developed validation strategies for new technologies.
- Evaluated software tools and methodologies to enhance QA process and programs.
- Supervised, assigned projects and components to ten test engineers.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Tested and implemented various network server and high-end workstation configurations.
- Obtained testing tools and developed testing methodologies.
- Enhanced performance settings of major subsystems, including RAID configurations, AGP graphics for both Direct 3D and Open GL environments, and network interface components.
- Evaluated network attached storage solutions.
- Investigated current and developing technologies for storage area networks.
- Participated in approval and review of new hardware and software components integrated into new and existing personal computer systems.
- Confirmed, researched and reported engineering flaws, limitations, and compatibility issues.
- Provided input for testing methodology and documentation.
- Collaborated with third-party vendors to resolve compatibility issues.
- Assisted in the development of user documentation.
- Trained new technical support engineering staff on new and existing desktop and notebook systems, pre-installed software packages, company policies and customer service.
- Researched and prepared documentation for training. Introduced new technologies and products to technical support and management teams.
- Researched and developed technical references for internal knowledge base.
- Interfaced between technical support and research and development teams for resolution of top tiered technical issues.
- Built and maintained the departmental Intranet site.
- Provided online solutions to support issues.
- Troubleshot hardware and software configuration problems.
- Handled customer software how-to questions for fee based premium support service.