- SIX plus years of experience in Software Testing (Manual/ Automation) in Client Server and Web based Environment. Expertise in preparing test strategies, test plans, test summary reports, test cases and test documents for automated and manual testing, based on user/ system requirement documents.
- Four years of experience in Agile and Scrum methodology and have deeper understanding of the development processes.
- Experienced in analyzing Business Requirements, Technical Requirements and Use Cases.
- Proficient in GUI testing of Client - Server and Web based Applications.
- Experienced in bug tracking and reporting tools like ALM, Quality Center, Test Director, Bugzilla.
- Experienced in using Quality Center/ALM for bugs tracking and bugs reporting.
- Experienced in writing SQL queries for backend testing.
- Experienced in implementing and working on Quickest Pro for automated testing.
- Expert in Regression Test to ensure that introduction of new component into application doesn't affect the existing functionality using QTP.
- Very good in developing and enhancing VB script in Quickest Pro to add check points, parameterize data etc.
- Experienced in developing Data driven, Keyword driven and Hybrid Frameworks using QTP.
- Experienced in facilitating resolution and communication of cross-application/organization architectural issues and decisions.
- Experienced in scheduling for system and integration testing for each release.
- Good Exposure towards Bug Metrics and various Testing documents/templates.
- Experienced in creating UAT environment and Performing UAT Testing.
- Extensively experienced in Production Support.
- Excellent analytical, communication, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated resourceful team player that takes a positive approach to problem resolution.
Testing Tools: HP ALM, HP Quality Center, SOAP UI, UFT/QTP, Test Director
Protocol: FTP, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, HTTP
Database: MS-SQL, Oracle, MS-Access
Operating Systems: UNIX/ Linux and Windows
Confidential, Washington, D.C
Automation Script Writer
- Involved in all stages of software development life cycle and have deeper understanding of the development processes such as waterfall, iterative and Agile methodology.
- Involved in developing Test plans, Test schedules, Test cases based on high-level and detailed designs.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing and User Interface Testing on the application manually.
- Performed GUI, Ad-hoc, Functional, System, Integration, Regression, UAT, Backend testing.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability matrix, Test data, Test Coverage Matrix and Test reports using Quality Center/ALM.
- Kept track of the bugs, deciding their priority and then assigned them to the different developers using Quality Center/ALM.
- Used Quality Center/ALM to Tracked defects and Center for Error logging.
- Developed Automation Scripts using QTP; Prepared the test completion report and automation handover document.
- Created, enhanced and maintained high-end object repository to display a tree of all objects in the current component and various functional and regression test using QTP
- Conducted GUI automated testing using QTP.
- Wrote VB Script, developed Custom Functions, Dictionary Objects, used Descriptive Programming by QTP automation tool and executed test scripts.
- Modified the Automated QTP Scripts for regular release screen changes and to support regular functional changes.
- Parameterized QTP scripts for use with varied, controlled test input values (runtime-generated, user-defined, or from data sources).
- Developed and maintained QTP scripts for functional, sanity, and regression testing.
- Developed Data driven Framework using QTP automated Script to execute the Batch Testing upon certain Interval.
- Interacted with developers to resolve application defects and suggested few enhancements.
- Defined the test criteria and project schedules during project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Attended review meetings and made sure the testing is done based on the QA master plan and the deadlines are met.
Confidential, Foster City, CA
- Involved in writing Test Plan, Test cases, Test execution, Bug Tracking and Test Summary Reports.
- Wrote test cases, and updated Test plans for the logistics module based on Use cases.
- Prepared Test Data Basing on the Supply chain implementation.
- Participated in use-case reviews, authored, and reviewed test planning artifacts in Quality Center.
- Provided an aggregated, cross-application project view of quality status and defect trends and managed and enforce consistent workflows and processes using Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center to attach screenshots, and associated the defect with the proper severity and priority, and linked the related Test Script, from which the Defects were generated.
- Found critical bugs in the application, weekly Reporting through Bug Reports and Maintenance Traceability Matrix using Quality Center.
- Tested on Different databases like Oracle, SQL server using SQL Quires.
- Designed a test suite for Automated Tests with QuickTest Pro (QTP).
- Generated QTP Scripts with Standard, Text, Bitmap, Table Checkpoints and also Synchronization Points.
- Conducted automation functionality and regression testing for each build and version using QTP.
- Conducted data-driven testing using parameterization in QTP.
- Involved in developing scripts using descriptive programming in QTP.
- Created Custom functions, Dictionary objects, a Data driven automation framework using VB Scripts.
- Actively participated in test case automation using a structured, Keyword Driven Framework with QTP.
- Involved in executing and maintaining QTP Automation frameworks.
- Prepared test status reports during test execution process.
- Participated and reported statuses in all test related project team meetings.
Environment: Windows, Java, UNIX, Oracle, XML, QTP, Quality Center, Manual testing, Test Director, MS Office.
Confidential, Lewiston, ME
- Analyzed the Business requirements and System specifications to understand the process.
- Involved in understanding the Business requirement and Functional Specification documents.
- Thoroughly analyzed the requirements prior to the start of testing to understand them better.
- Prepared detailed Test plans and published them to the higher management for review.
- Involved in architected and implemented QA processes.
- Created the strategy document that defines the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Wrote Positive and Negative test cases and executed them through Test Director..
- Involved in developing Test Plan, Test Procedures and Test Cases using Test Director.
- Performed various black box testing methodologies such as System Testing, Regression Testing using QTP.
- Used parameterization for data driven testing and configured Shared object repository and per action in QTP.
- Configured virtual objects for non-recognized objects in QTP.
- Worked on concepts like Synchronization timeout and Recovery Scenario Manager in QTP.
- Designed scripts using descriptive programming and created Environment variables in QTP.
- Performed Cross browser testing on Netscape and IE.
- Resolved the offshore queries, escalate issues and share project knowledge.
- Involved in Metrics collection for Iterations and Updating Release Notes.