- Having 7 years of experience in software Quality Assurance of both Manual and Automated Testing of web based and client server based applications in various Software development industries and Testing Mobile Apps in different domains using various tools like selenium, QTP, SOAPUI, Appium, JMeter, JIRA.
- Good experience in coordinating leadership roles in Test Plan creation, Test Case Design, Test Case Review, Test Case Execution, Test Scripts based on User Requirements Specification (URS) and System Requirements documents, Testing Tools Usage, Defect management, and in preparing Test reports.
- Exposure to all stages of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and involved in Analysis, Design and Quality Assurance of Web applications.
- Good working experience in automation tools like Seleniumweb drivers/RC/IDE/qtp(quick test professional) mercury quality center to develop automation testing script for web and client server application.
- Experience in mobile testing using APPIUM in both IOS and android application using simulator and emulator.
- Experience in web applications automation testing with TestNG, JUnit, ANT, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid and Selenium IDE.
- Sound Knowledge of automation tool like selenium, protractor.
- Expertise in security testing by using HP web Inspect tools.
- Experience in providing efficient locators for strategies like Xpath and css to perform cross browser testing by using web debugging tools like Xpath, Firepath and Firebug.
- Proficient in writing complex SQL queries for data verification and Oracle SQL statements for Backend testing.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming Concepts like Interface, Abstract Class, Static and non - Static variables and methods, Abstraction, Inheritance, Polymorphism, etc.
- Good at various programming languages like C, C++, Python, Ruby, java, Bugzilla, Jira.
- Worked within development teams with BDD approach to develop Web UI tests using cucumber, gherkin and Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a Test driven development (TDD).
- Expertise in creating BDD Cucumber-JVM Framework, adding scripts in Java for Gherkin based user stories and also marking tags for smoke, regressions, UAT(BVT)(Framework contains: BDD, cucumber, Gherkin, Web Driver, Maven, CI Jenkins, Junit, Sauce Labs, Maven extent reports, Hybrid Framework, SVN for highly transactional E-commerce websites, cloud based systems.
- Excellent experience in the environment involving client-server architecture and web development using technologies like Java, JSP, JDBC and XML.
- Extensively proficient in Functional testing, Performance testing, Integration testing, GUI testing, Regression testing, and API testing.
- Experience of working in an automation framework consisting of Selenium, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Bugzilla, Oracle Database (for data-driven test).
- Used SQL Queries to validate data that was submitted from GUI.
- Expertise in working with SCRUM ( Agile) and Waterfall Methodology .
- Work experience in configuration management/version control system tool GIT, SVN.
- Experience in Database techniques, Testing DB schema and Data types.
- Excellent knowledge of XML and XML parsers like SAX, DOM.
- Experience in Unix Shell Scripting (Linux-bash, Bourne shell scripting).
- Experience in Web services testing using SOAP UI tool and also programming using Java.
- Experience in JIRA for bug tracking and reporting and follow up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with strong analytical mind-set.
Testing methods: Functional testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Smoke testing, Integration testing.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/WebDriver/RC/Grid, coded UI, Jmeter, Cucumber, Appium (iOS/Android), Protractor, Unified Functional Testing (QTP), SoapUI, Jmeter, Load Runner
Testing framework: TestNG, JUnit
Test Management tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally, Microsoft Test Manager
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, CVS, Team Foundation server
Integrated Development Environment: Eclipse, Visual Studio
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson
Programming Languages: Java, C#, Python, VB Script, SQL, Ruby, HTML, XML, C, C++
Database Management Systems: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8, MAC OS, UNIX, VM Ware
Confidential, St louis
Sr. Selenium TesterResponsibilities:
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Functional Requirement & High level Design documents.
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy, Test Plans Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in mobile testing using Appium in both IOS, Android applications using simulator and emulator.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular JS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to agile release.
- Performed white box testing using TestNG for class, method, & Web Services testing.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using Maven.
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- The entire Ruby scripting done using Cucumber framework Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Have built a test automation framework based on Page Object Model, TestNG and Selenium Web driver.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Used SeleniumWebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using Quality Center.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test driven development (TDD).
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium (Android), TestNG, Quality Center, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, TDD, Android, SQL, Oracle and Windows, JMeter, Jasmine.
Confidential,New York City NY
Sr. Selenium TesterResponsibilities:
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (JUnit, Maven).
- Implemented open source web test tool Selenium WebDriver for cross browser and cross platform web testing.
- Conduct coding in C#, JUnit and Selenium and Built Automation framework using C# for client services.
- Performed compatibility testing with various mobile handsets to ensure that functionality working as expected.
- Participated in Test Case review and Test case sign off meetings.
- Developed web services using SOAP, WSDL, UDDI and XML.
- Creating the setup files like excel, xml, build, property and config files for automation.
- Executed automated scripts on different environments by using Selenium Grid
- Created and executed test cases based on test strategy and test plans based on business requirement documents and ETL design documents.
- Responsible to register the various web services modules in WSRR based out of SCA, EJB, MQ binding to maintain lookup and governance.
- Worked with SOAP Web services, XSD, XML, WSDL tools to integrate the application with DS
- Tested in Development, Staging and Production Environments
- UI responsive layouts help to maintain standards and consistencies for better usability across all products.
- Performed end-to-end testing of application and also verified compliance for software quality standards of the organization.
- Actively involved in selenium Testing (UI and API), and collaborating with off-shore selenium personnel on current projects and documenting and reporting defects and test results in JIRA.
- Coordinated with upper management daily regarding status on the execution of Test Cases (How many Test Cases failed/pass, status of the site)
- Involved in the preparation of System Scenario Test Case objectives.
- Responsible for providing knowledge transfer on the Project to the offshore team.
- Attended Stand-up meeting and Release planning meeting.
- Responsible for providing all the deliverables: Environment Requirements, Test Cases &Automated Scripts.
- Responsible for delivering Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Involved in Automation using Selenium web driver and updated the script using java.
- Created and executed the test scripts with Spring Source.
- Executed Web Services functional testing using SOAP UI.
- Used XPath tags for validating UI Elements.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework.
- Regularly conducting status call with the offshore on the progress.
- Worked closely with off shore team to resolve the project related issues and update the team onsite.
- Responsible for providing Test Readiness Report.
- Responsible for providing Defect Report and Test Summary Report.
Environment: Java, J2ee, Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, xpath, Test Link, TRAC, Rumba, Spring Source/ Eclipse, Maven, Web Services, SOAP, Soap UI, JUnit, Oracle, HTML, Java Script, Toad, Agile, Rally, SQL Navigator.
- Developed Test Plan, Test Cases based on Requirements.
- Involved in Functional, Regression, Integration, System, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of the Web Application.
- Acted as the single point of contact between Development Team and Testing Team for testing and deployment activities.
- Responsible for creating Test Data.
- Responsible for setting up Test Environment and installing new builds.
- Attended the weekly project meetings and prepare the agenda for the meetings.
- Performed extensive SQL queries for validating data against Source and Target systems
- Extensively used SQL for data validation during back-end testing.
- Extensively used TOAD to execute SQL Queries as well as to access database objects.
- Worked on different UNIX commands for user access, file management and compression.
- Involved in writing and executing automated test scripts in Win runner to automate Smoke and Regression Testing.
- Extensively used Clear Quest for defect tracking.
- Used Clear Case for version management.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing and with Business Analysts.
- Developed manual and automated test cases to test the functionality of the application.
- Developed automated test scripts from manual test cases for Regression testing based on the requirement documents using Quick Test Professional.
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Waterfall &Agile Methodology.
- Prepared Defect Report as per severity and Priority.
- Design, deliver and execute high quality test cases under direction of a Test Manager.
- Designed Test cases and executed Test cases and reported the Bugs using Quality Center.
- After successful release of projects, developed automation scripts using QTP and integrated the script with master script.
- Systems Integration Testing of web based application, time tracking through electronic gadgets (devices and mobiles).
- Performed Regression Test execution based on the priority of the Test cases in Mercury QualityCenter
- Interacted with developers to follow up on defects and issues.
- Responsible for providing the status updates to the team on daily basis.
- Generated the Test Status Reports from Test Director and regularly presented to QA Team lead and Project team lead
Environment: Manual Testing, Test Director, MS-Word, MS-Excel, Java, Java Script, SQL, Oracle.