Hands - on Software Executive with extensive experience in solving complex challenges, history of leading architecture, design and development of software as a service (SaaS) and enterprise software products. A motivating leader and a mentor who excels at guiding others to achieve professional and personal growth with a solid experience in leading geographically distributed development teams.
Vice President of Engineering/Engineering ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Oversaw the product development, QA, deployment and management of AlignStar SaaS application.
- Established processes and procedures for development, QA and deployment of AlignStar.
- Evaluated technologies and ensure the needs of our business, products, and customers are met.
- Helped define and deliver on the product roadmap.
- Successfully passed Salesforce.com security review to list AlignStar in AppExchange.
- Delivered the “Minimal Viable Product” ahead of schedule.
- Implemented a “Beta Program” for prospective on-premise customers moving to cloud.
Vice President, Product DevelopmentResponsibilities:
- Led product development, QA and IT for developing and deploying drillMap, a leading SAAS solution for Oil and Gas industry to provide insight into market activities.
- Help with feature development, provide technical direction, trouble shoot and resolve production issues.
- Helped implement Agile practices.
- Revamped technology stack and incorporated Micro Service Architecture.
- Reduced Manual data acquisition process by 70% by introducing automation.
- Managed relationship with technology partners such as BetaZi.
- Successfully integrated engineering and data QA teams to release SAAS software and market data updates to customers with improved quality.
- Augmented engineering organization with offshore engineering and QA staff while at DrillMap.
- Successfully delivered “Field Manager” mobile application for a pilot project for ConocoPhilips.
- Migrated the SAAS application from ViaWest to OnX datacenter.
- Oversaw US and Indian Offshore engineering teams at Drillmap/Accend.
CEM Product Unit Engineering LeadResponsibilities:
- Managed an engineering organization comprising of 160 direct and indirect reports geographically distributed across US, Canada, Germany, and India.
- Chaired the Architecture Review Team consisting of architects across CEM products.
- Provided strategic consultation, management, and operational support to Product Management, Sales, and Customer Support Organizations.
- Drove adoption of common standards such as REST API and Cloud adoption across product groups in CEM Product Unit.
- Worked with Customer support and manage escalations.
- Led the HTML5 UI development of the WEM Presentation Services UI and Tempo Social.
- Led cross product integrations among Vignette Products.
- Coordinated development activities across Sydney, Canada, Austin and Hyderabad through multiple major and minor releases across the CEM product suite.
- Built, mentored and managed the Architecture, Development and QA teams in India.
- Adopted and helped implement Agile development practices.
- As Lead architect of Portal Product, responsible for overall product architecture and technical direction.
- Chosen to represent Company in the WSRP 2.0 OASIS Technical Committee to help drive the specification.
- Developed prototypes and led implementation of the WSRP & JSR 286 Portlet specifications in Portal.
- Integral part of a team of architects and developers of Vignette Content Management (VCM) product, led and implemented various sub systems of VCM such as deployment agent, job engine.
- Played a key role in the strategy of embedding an application server for VCM.
- Played a significant role in the architecture and development of StorySever Product, specifically, the plugin modules for IIS, NetScape, Apache WebServers and the Observation Management System (OMS).