- Selenium Tester with 5 years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) &Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC); Developing Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Plan and Automation test scripts using Selenium. Diversified experience in Automation, Manual testing and Business Analysis methodologies, serving various domains such as E - commerce, Finance and Electronics Devices industry.
- As a Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) Good knowledge and experience with software testing and automated test techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Extensive experience in claim level and detail level adjudication, Business rules Application, Pricing, Reprising, Rebundling, Unbundling, and other editing.
- Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile as well as Iterative development environments.
- Strong knowledge in implementing Waterfall and Agile (Sprint/Scrum) Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrices.
- Collaborate with Test Engineering to drive development of Test Automation Frameworks Create and modify updates to our automated scenarios by using our Selenium, Cucumber Framework and QTP.
- As a Senior Selenium Testerinvolved in code / design review, conducting status calls and providing necessary trainings to the other SDETs on various tools required for automating web applications.
- Assisted developers on deciding what unit tests to write based on the design and code docs.
- As a Senior Selenium Tester ensured testability of feature code.
- As a Senior Selenium TesterMentored other SDETs on the team to automate, test and break code constantly by ensuring all applications maintain the highest quality possible.
- Strong knowledge on Web application development using JAVA, Jsp and Servlets.
- Executes automation test strategy that promotes best automation approach and development of tool set to enhance manual test efforts for all projects.
- Experience in preparing Test strategy, Test plan, Test methodology, Test scenarios, Test summary reports, Test cases and Test documents for both Automated and manual testing based on User requirements, System requirements and Use case documents.
- Extensively used Hybrid Frame Work (Keyword Driven Framework and Data Driven Framework), TestNG, POM Frame work, Selenium Grid, Data provider etc., for automating web applications using Selenium tool.
- Experience with Cross- Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Hands on experience in BDD (Behavior driven development - cucumber) using Gherkins.
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool. Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls.
- Hands on experience in manual testing. Expertise in Smoke testing, Regression testing, JUnit Testing, Black Box testing, Functional testing, Database testing, System Testing and GUI testing.
- Hands on experience in using build and project management tolls like Ant, MAVEN and Configuration management tools like SVN, GIT.
- Experience in creating test script for Continuous Integration and Scheduled builds periodically using Jenkins tool.
- Experience in Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases, SQL Server, and MySQL.
- Experienced in using Test Management tools such as Rally, JIRA and HP-QC bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Generated test logs using Log4 j for various log levels.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber/, SoapUI, QC, QTPTest Build& Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8, Ubuntu, UNIX, LINUX
Defect Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, RALLY
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Senior Selenium Tester (SDET)Responsibilities:
- As a Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) (Senior Selenium Tester) Mentor and direct other testers in automation principles.
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports .
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results .
- As a Senior Selenium Tester involved in code / design review and conducting status calls.
- Assisted developers on deciding what unit tests to write based on the design and code docs.
- As a senior Selenium Tester ensured testability of feature code.
- As a Senior Selenium Tester Mentored other SDETs on the team to automate, test and break code constantly by ensuring all applications maintain the highest quality possible.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components, Popups browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and also implemented Regression Test to detect bugs after enhancement and configuration settings of the code.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and also performed Integration Testing &System Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts.
- Performed Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium. Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and also at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, TestNG and used FireBug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CssSelector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Used Hybrid, Keyword/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using HP-QC as tracking tool
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Customized Selenium API to suit in testing environment. Maintained the Selenium & Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like GIT, Jenkins for improvements and new features.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool. Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Integrating Automation suite with Jenkins (CI).
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, Oracle 11g, HTML, XML, GITHub, TestNG, Jenkins, SoapUI, HP-QC, Maven, Java, J2EE, RESTful services, web services. Hybrid frame work, POI, POM.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Followed Agile Methodology in analyses, define, and document the application.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Worked with Hybrid (Keyword and Data Driven) automation framework with Selenium WebDriver, Java and
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium.
- Worked in creation, preparation of Test Cases.
- Involved in the Test Data creation and execution of automated Test Scripts.
- Designed, executed and maintained regression automated test cases with Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Involved in writing Maven build dependencies to automate the compilation and execution of test cases/suites.
- Performed API testing Using SOAP UI and WSDL file to validate the data.
- Committed Selenium WebDriver scripts to Git using EGit plugin for Eclipse IDE.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct Data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Participated in Peer Review meetings to enhance the Test Procedures and Test cases.
- Created test reports using TestNG and captured the error screenshots.
- Involved in working through the defect life cycle.
- Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in performing Bug Triage and prioritizing the defect list and validating known bug fixes.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Cucumber, BDD, Maven, SOAP UI, Quality Center, Eclipse IDE, Agile, TFS, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Oracle, Jenkins, Windows.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked in Agile methodology, participated in Scrum and Sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
- Involved in analyzing and prioritizing User Stories.
- Involved in using Automation Framework from using WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNg and Java.
- Involved in preparing Test Scenarios and Test cases based on User Stories.
- Designing and developing automation scripts using Selenium Web driver, TestNg and Java in Page object design pattern.
- Used Git Hub as a Central Repository system.
- Worked with JIRA project management tool for project flow.
- Used QC to write Manual Test Cases, organize, and execute the test cases efficiently.
- Conduct Functional testing, regression testing, End to End testing and investigated software bugs.
- Used SOAP UI, Web Logic ANT task to test Web Services running on Web Logic Server.
- Used Boundary Value Analysis and Equivalence Partitioning to test the application behavior while using limits.
- Oracle table manipulation and back end testing using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Extensively worked in database testing using SQL queries and joins to retrieve data from various Tables for Data Validations.
- Logged defects in Jira and QC and provided defect status report.
- Extensively worked in handling the application response for Positive and Negative sets of data using Data Driven Testing.
- Evaluated Test Results & Submitted Status Reports to QA Leads and Project Managers periodically.
Environment: Quality Center/ALM, Windows, Java, SQL Server Management, Soap UI, Remedy, Jira, UNIX, Excel, Oracle, HTML, NET, Selenium, XML, SQL server, MS Office, Agile, Autosys, UFT.
- Actively Participated in requirement gathering from end Users, Responsible for writing functional Specifications and design documents.
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, and data mapping requirement specifications interacting with client, developers and QA team.
- Developed Selenium test cases using Junit framework
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium WebDriver and Junit.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Modification and execution of Test case Scripts (Java-Selenium WebDriver) in Eclipse IDE, design of automation test framework (Junit and ANT).
- Used Cucumber automated testing to test new and existing functionality.
- Used Java language and Junit framework for scripting. Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Implemented Data-Driven test to verify the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Defect testing and exploratory testing/Ad-hoc testing was performed after each build.
- Performed UI testing, Database testing after reviewing the story cards and database diagram.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Used SOAP UI tool to located the WSDL file on the internet, create test cases, and execute test cases.
- Defects were Tracked, Reviewed and Analyzed using Quality Center.
- Worked closely with development and project management teams for effective defect management and verify resolved bugs and track enhancements made to product.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using JIRA.
- Provided back end testing for data validation using SQL on Oracle.
- Executed SQL Queries on database tables to verify the database.
- Involved in testing the database and data validation using SQL Queries.
- Worked with developer to reproduce the bugs and to resolve usability issues during UAT.
- Created Regression Document to track and report testing activities during each phase of testing, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, logged defects and their status, performance baselines
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins, ANT, SOAP, Cucumber, Eclipse, SQL, Oracle, Java, JIRA, QTP (Quick Test Professional), HP QC (Quality Center), VBScript, Junit, TestNG, Firebug, XPath, Windows 7/Vista/XP, UNIX.