- Around8 years of experience as Manual Tester/Automation Tester and SDET, in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensively involved in Front - end and Back-end Testing (Web Services and Databases) with either Test Driven Development (TDD)/Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) approach. Sound knowledge in Java, Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven/ANT, SoapUI and Jenkins/Bamboo.
- Expertise in Automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE/RC, Selenium Grid, Java, Jenkins (continuous integration, Regression tests), Maven (Regression tests), Eclipse, Cucumber, TestNG (Regression tests) and JUnit.
- Experience working in an environment of manual testing including Interface testing experience with third party vendors, smoke testing, functional, COTS-Commercial Off the shelf application experience, EDI, end to end and User Acceptance Testing
- Expertise in all D’s (BDD, ATDD, TDD, OOAD). Experience in working with Selenium Grid/ Sauce labs to specialize on running multiple tests across different browsers, operating systems, and machines in parallel.
- Expertise in white Box Testing, Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Professional, Junit/ TestNG, Quality Center, ANT/Maven, JENKINS, HUDSON, Cucumber, ALM, JIRA, Ruby, Clear Quest, SOAP UI and Version One.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNGannotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Listeners.
- Expertise in performing manual testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Expertise in implementing Maven as a build management tool to manage the required dependencies, plug-ins and for uniform build system. Experience working with logging frameworks such as Log4j and Extent loggers to capture the flow details of the test cases.
- Experience with Web technologies, SOAP UI, Mobile Device and web-based application architecture on multiple browsers, Client-Server testing, Data Integration, Mainframe environment, and Database Validation.
- Hands on experience developing new automation frameworks using Protractor and selenium.
- Experience in Web Automation using Protractor and Jasmine framework for Angular application.
- Build Automation Framework for AngularJS in Jasmine, Protractor and WebDriver.
- Expertise in using Apache POI for data driven frameworks, to load data into required test scripts from external sources like excel sheets.
- Experience in mobile testing using Appium on real and virtual devices and sound knowledge in Perfecto which is a cloud based mobile testing.
- Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins and triggered the Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs.
- Performed User Acceptance testing (UAT) using Gherkin language to write the acceptance criteria’s such as feature file, Scenarios, Scenario outline’s and performed the step definitions and runner classes using Cucumber.
- Experience in performing mobile testing using Appium on real and virtual devices and sound knowledge in Perfecto which is a cloud based mobile testing. Good experience in testing the native, hybrid and mobile web applications.
- Experience in Configuring and customizing Appium tool setting to execute mobile automation test scripts.
- Hands on experience in mobile application (IOS, Android, and Windows) testing such as functional testing, Compatibility testing, interface testing, operational testing, and Usability testing.
- Expertise in testing the native, hybrid, mobile web applications. Created test cases and performed Database testing to check whether the data is being migrated properly. Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements.
- Maintained Selenium& JAVA automation code and resource in source controls SVN/Git over the time for improvements and to add new features.
- Involved in the Design and implementation of different Automation frameworks such as Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework and Page Object Model (POM) for various projects.
- Expertise in writing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in JAVA for highly transactional E-commerce websites.
- Developed and executed the Automation Test Scripts with Selenium Java API using Eclipse IDE, performed web services testing, thus ensuring high Code Coverage and security.
- Tested content using: Bamboo, Jenkins, Test Rail, Jira, Scrum.
- Expertise in finding web elements using locators like Css locator, XPath, HTML id, name, class name, linked text, partial linked text and tag name. Experience in handling different methods of Select class for selecting and deselecting, for dropdown web element.
- Expertise in Selenium synchronizations with conditional (Implicit, Explicit) unconditional wait statements.
- Experience in Bug tracking and Reporting using Test Director/ HP Quality Center. Experienced in using Test Management tools such as RALLY, JIRA which are bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables. Hands on experience in using build and project management tools like MAVEN and Configuration management tools like SVN.
- Implemented Action class in selenium to handle mouse and keyboard actions. Experience in testing and handling different frames (frames, iframes) of a HTML page with having different DOM's for every iframe. Experience with Jenkins/Hudson/Nolio/SONAR/Fisheye/Crucible.
- Expertise in handling Pop-ups with Selenium using Alert methods. Experience in handling multiple windows in selenium using get window handles method.
- Expertise with Cross-Browser to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps using HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Expertise several types of AUT (Application under Test) such asAutomation testing, Manual testing, ssIntegration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Performance testing and Functional testing.
- Expertise in attending Sprint Planning meetings, Requirements grooming sessions, Scrum meetings, Sprint review meetings, Sprint Retrospective meetings and worked very closely with Product Owners and Scrum Masters in Agile Projects.
Development Methodology: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, SDLC, STLC
Automation Tool: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, QTP, Selenium Grid, Cucumber and Appium, Angular Js, Protractor.
Unit Testing framework: JUnit, TestNG
Frameworks: Hybrid, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, BDD/ATDD, Page Object Model(POM)
Build /Integration Tools: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Hudson
Bug Tracking Tools: Rally, JIRA, HP Quality Centre, Bugzilla
Web Service Tool: Soap UI, Ready API, Rest Client
Programming Languages: Java, XML, HTML 5, C
Database/Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL,DB2
Development Environment: Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ, JDBC
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, CVS, Clear case, TFS
Web Debugging Tools: Xpath, Fire path, Fire bug
Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, REST
Operating Systems: Windows (7, 8, 10), Linux, Unix, Mac
Confidential, Harrison, NY
SDET/Sr. Automation Engineer
- Involved in various meetings with Business analysts and developers for Transamerica Retirement project. Assessed & analyzed user stories, Business Requirements (BRD), Functional Requirements (FRD) and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Conducted UI testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing and verified the results with expected results using Traceability Matrix. Involved in the usage of BDD framework with Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features for UAT testing. Implementation of ATDD technical practices (e.g. Automated testing, TDD, continuous integration) create a robust/reliable /repeatable automation test bed.
- Implemented BDD framework first time in the organization by writing features files, step definitions and closely worked with the Product owner using cucumber. Used cucumber annotations for implementing the automation for feature files.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber. Experience in expanding BDD Scenarios in cucumber using Gherkin Language.
- Used ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven development) approach to write feature files using Gherkin format. Implemented Test driven development (ATDD and BDD) framework using cucumber tool with Gherkins Language. Served as coordinator for all testing activities during the project.
- Designed Test Suite, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios for functional modules. Implemented Page Object Model(POM) by creating objects for each page.
- Developed Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data as per business requirements and automated them using Selenium.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG. Created automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven (for dependencies) and used Jenkins to execute these scripts periodically. Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags. Expertise in using various TestNG Annotations to set priorities to the test cases.
- Executed the test plans on web and mobile (IOS & Android) as per requirements using Appium.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, JUnit,Ant tool and created selenium automation scripts in Ruby using Junit prior to agile release.
- Created. feature file using Gherkin language to describe test case and. rb file using Ruby language to simulate user's action.
- Coordinated with devolopers in writing test plans and test cases for automated testing procedures using selenium and protractor.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits. Executed test cases relating to mouse even using Actions class to perform required operations. Experience in handling pop-ups and alerts using selenium automation.
- Involved in developing the automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Found hidden elements using XPath, CSS and window classes. Handled multiple iframes and framesets to switch between/navigate through and performed necessary actions on the web elements.
- Executed test cases and participated actively in System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Performed Smoke testing and Ad-hoc testing when required. Found Defects, prepared Defect Reports and Status Reports, performed Bug Triage, Defect tracking using JIRA. Analyzed bugs and involved in quality assurance reviews with the team to ensure bugs are reported and closed. Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
- Logged and tracked to verify the resolutions of software and its specification defects. Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Executed parallel test cases on Android device and on various android emulators. Developed test plans and test cases for the mobile apps.
- Involved in developing the automation script for Mobile Native applications using Appium, Java.
- Used emulators and IOS simulators to perform the manual Mobile Testing.
- Developed scripts for Mobile UI Testing using Appium for all the applications for android and IOS.
- Designed and developed automated scripts which involved Functional Regression, Integration test cases using Appium.
- Used Firebug/ IE Developer Toolkit and Selenium IDE to capture and validate CSS Locators, html Ids to identify elements.
- Used TestNG framework, covering several types of test designs like a unit test, functional test, end to end test, UI test and integration test.
- Identified Iframes in the web application to test the nested images, banners and other embedded web pages in it. Used switchto () to switch from the existing web pages to iframes, other windows and alerts.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, AGILE, Appium, Cucumber, Java, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, SQL, JIRA, SoapUI,Protractor.
Confidential, Jersey City, New Jersey
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Reviewed design documents & business requirements to learn the function and scope of the application.
- Involved in Development of the Test Cases and Test Scripts using Hybrid Framework.
- Suggested improvements in test process by gathering and analyzing data. Reviewed and analyzed Detail Designed. Specification and Technical Specification documents. Analyzed the SRS (System Requirement Specifications), BRS (Business Requirement Specifications), FRS (Functional Requirement Specifications) and developed Test Suites to cover the overall quality assurance testing.
- Validate EDI Claim Process according to HIPPA compliance.
- Test HIPPA regulations in Facets HIPPA privacy module.
- Performed integration and functional testing for different applications. Developed automated test cases for all manual test cases provided.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, TestNG and Maven.
- Performed Java coding extensively for POM framework and Keyword Driven Framework by using TestNG framework along with Selenium, Maven.
- Performed various Cross Browser and Parallel testing on different Platforms using Selenium Grid. Executed test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, groups and parallel test suites.
- Clinical Application suite enables community hospitals for attain meaningful use by utilizing the HMS Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Experience in using Electronic medical records (EMR).
- Proficient in Using Apache POI to drive data from excel files to run test cases.
- Performed continues integration on test cases periodically using Jenkins and configured to email reports during a build failure.
- Handled various operations like pop-ups, Web-Alerts, Java-Alerts, iframes, windows-handling and utilized Select class and Action class for required operations.
- Managed testing process, scheduled batch tests, logged and tracked defects using JIRA.
- Developed SQL queries to test the data after executing transactions like upload processing and check Processing in batches.
- Created synchronization points in the application to deal with timing problems.
- Expertise in POM.xml to get required dependencies from central repository, added plugins, ran scripts using pom.xml file, grouped test suites by assigning profile id’s.
- Used Selenium as the automation tool and RALLY as the defect management tool. Automated Database validations using open source API like Apache poi and used jxl and poi library for fetching the data from Excel.
- Analyzed the user stories based on detail acceptance criteria for the corresponding Sprint.
- Run Defect Triaging and review the Test Plan, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases with Project Team.
- Involved in creating, updating and executing of test cases according to requirements.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Web Driver using Javaprogramming language, MAVEN and TestNG.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
Environment: Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid, Microsoft Office Excel, JIRA, Eclipse, Java, Jenkins, TestNG, Apache POI, EMR/EHR
Confidential, Farmington hills, Michigan
- Interacted with Client, Product Owner and Development team to understand the User stories and Acceptance Criteria and gathered Functional and Non-Functional requirements for project release.
- Involved in Requirements gathering and reviewed Business Requirement Specification documentation and participated in preparing Test cases based on Product Backlogs.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG Unit Testing Framework by adding different annotations.
- Involved in Regression testing using Selenium and creation of automation scripts for web pages.
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, GUI Testing, UAT Testing.
- Designed, developed and executed automated tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Handled special mouse events and selected the options from the drop-down menu using Selenium Actions builder, mouse hover and synchronization.
- Designed and developed Hybrid automation framework and maintained the code in subversion (SVN)and used continuous integration tools to schedule the jobs.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Identified the Elements using Appium Inspector.
- Configured the Appium for the Mobile IOS using selenium.
- Used Emulator and IOS simulator in physical devices for manual testing.
- Raised defects and performed tracking using RALLY and reported to developers and test manager.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions& developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Experience in TestNG, Junit, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Page Object Model and page Factory Frameworks in Selenium.
- Conducted UI testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing and verified the results with expected results. Involved in the usage of BDD framework with Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features for UAT testing. Implementation of ATDD technical practices (e.g. Automated testing, TDD, continuous integration) create a robust/reliable /repeatable automation test bed.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Java 1.8, Maven, TestNG, RALLY, CSS, Oracle, SQL, Html, MS Excel, SOAP UI, HDD Framework, UNIX, Jenkins, POM, Appium .
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Involved in adding enhancement to the application according new business rules.
- Involved in gathering the requirements.
- Involved in designing web application using Java, JSP and servlets.
- Connect and retrieve data from the database and feed the client application.
- Receive data from the client application, validate business rules and update the DB.
- Communicate with the service to retrieved and show data to the user.
- Preparing the Weekly Reports, Status Reports, Documents, mails and send to the client
- Send data to the service so it can be validated and saved to the database.
- Used html and CSS for developing the UI screens and Java script for browser behavior.
- Involved in Daily meetings and status calls.
- Worked on all layers of the application including front end designing, business and data layers.
- Involved in entire SDLC Lifecycle of all project from analysis to implementation.
- Involved in development of web services and involved in Unit Testing.
- Involved in manual testing of the application and tracking the bugs.
- Good experience in Agile methodology with SCRUM Process for the product development.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Used Implicit, Explicit waits to handle the execution flows.
- Handling special keyboard and mouse events using the Advanced User Interactions API.
- Created functional automation test scripts using selenium Web driver with TestNG framework.
- Monitored the jobs which could be SVN checkout using Jenkins. Used Jenkins for Change Support to generate the list of all changes done to the repository, for Email integration to email the content of the status of the build.
- Worked on SQL queries and DB issues in business sense and performance issues.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Extensively involved with backend testing by writing complex SQL queries.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Involved in the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests
- Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and executed the daily regression test suites.
- Involved in debugging of the existing automation script.
- Experience working in Agile/ Scrum methodology for SDLC and working on Test management tools like Rally.
Environment: Java, JDK, EJB, JSP, Struts, Eclipse, Web Logic, Manual testing, Firebug, SQL.
Software Engineer (Java Developer)
- Configured application flow, controlling logic and navigation. Designed and developed base classes, framework classes and common re-usable components.
- Involved in re-factoring the existing components to meet the current application requirements. Used various Java and J2EE APIs including JDBC, XML, Servlets, JSP, and JavaBeans, Spring Framework.
- Involved in designing web application using Java, JSP and servlets.
- Involved in Performance tuning, debugging issues in testing and deployment phases. Implemented RDBMS to add the additional condition for the system to support a tabular structure for the data with enforced relationships between the tables.
- Utilized SQL for querying the database. Coordinated on-site and offshore development teams in various phases of the project.
- Participated in all the phases of SDLC including Requirements Collection, Design & Analysis of the Customer Specifications, Development and Customization of the application.
- Developed high level design documents, Use case documents, detailed design documents and Unit Test Plan documents and created Use Cases, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using UML. Implemented the application using the concrete principles laid down by several Java/J2EE Design patterns.
- Configured Web Application Context as a Context Listener in the web.xml file to Integrating Spring with JSF.
- Implemented ORM in the persistence layer using Hibernate frame work in conjunction with Spring Aspect Oriented.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, HTML, JDBC, SQL, Eclipse, spring, Hibernate, RDBMS, Windows, Bugzilla.