- Around 10+ Years of Industry experience as a Test Lead in Telecom, Financial Services, E - Commerce and Banking operations, with Fortune 500 companies like Bell Canada, Confidential, Confidential Cap Gemini and Confidential . Key competencies include:
- Project management experience in developing and managing project plan, monitoring & controlling, capacity planning, change control and project closures activities
- Solid expertise in Telecommunication, Banking and E-commerce industries.
- Expertise in Manual, functional & system testing, UAT, regression & smoke testing of client/server & web-based, Java, & .Net applications
- Strong expertise in all phases of SDLC and software test management : defining requirements, planning testing process, executing black and white box manual and automated, data and functionality driven test procedures, analyzing and reporting issues, discrepancies and results.
- Knowledge of Bug Reporting Tools Quality Center / Rational RQM/ Test Director/ JIRA/ Rational Clear Case /Test Log /Mantis
- Proficient in delivery of regular progress, status, defect, projected and actual execution, risk assessment and impact reports to the members of management and project team
- Able to coordinate respectively between do Onsite/Offshore/Nearshore
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team, Effective communicator with all levels of management, business, developers and stakeholders
- Practical understanding of Oracle, RDBMS, MS SQL Server and MySQL.
- Able to be a team member within Agile or Waterfall approach methodologies
- Pursuing Data management and visualization certifications from Course era.
Test Management Tools: Test Log, Test Director & Quality Center, Rational QTP, Rational (RQM)
Defect Tracking Tool: IBM Rational Clear Quest, Rational Rose, Test Director & Bugzilla, Mantis, JIRA
Data Visualization Tool: Tableau, MS - Excel
Programming languages: C++, VC++, VB and HTML
- Managed a testing team of 15 resources across Canada and India; promoted the agreed best practices and their supporting documentation
- Prepared Test Plan and lead the test case review process; lead defect management and analysis
- Conducted status call and triage with the client to deliver project status
- Managed project plan and trained New resources on the project functionality and the testing cycle utilized for detecting software defects, reporting issues with the system and verifying defect fixes
- Administer and managed the quality issues in Quality Center.
Front End: J2EE, Struts, WebSphere (WSAD), Web Service, Jscript, XML
Back End: Oracle8i.
Tools: RQM, Quality Center, Rational Clear Case
L ead Test Consultant
- Responsible for testing that the Back office Kernel workflow upgrade hasn’t affected the functionality.
- Developed test plan & test execution; provided overall UAT support .
- Participated in peer review of requirements testing related documents
- Defect logging and tracking them to closure; provide self-explanatory defect description and test evidence
- Describe the steps to reproduce and articulate the deviation from the requirement
Front End : Java websphere
Back End : Oracle9i
Tools: Quality Center,QTP
- Lead the test design for RBAM module
- Created test plan and designed high level scenarios
- Reviewed test cases and provided defect management support including preparing daily test report
- Conducted functional Testing and system integration testing
- Highlighted key risks and issues across onsite and offshore
Front End : Java web sphere
Back End : Oracle 8i
Tools: Test Log, Mantis, Test Director
- Understanding CRs & determine their impacts on the product offering
- Develop test conditions to be tested based on the impacts and preparing test data
- Writing test cases which included database checks and executing test cases including database checks, logging & retesting defects
Environment: JSP 1.2, EJB 2.0, JMS 1.0, XML, Servlet 2.3,Sonic MQ, Java scriptTools: Rational Clear Case, Sourceforge, Rational Administrator, Rational Test manager, Rational Rose