- Overall 7.5 years of IT experience specializing in Software Quality Assurance. Ambitious, creative and dedicated technology professional with strong background in testing web based applications.
- Highly skilled in interacting with Business analysts and development teams, supporting variety of projects spanning entire software testing lifecycle.
- Self motivated and can work independently or in a team.
- Possesses the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies within a very short span of time.
- Offer invaluable experiences in test cases creation, execution, defects management and working closely with business users during UAT to make sure a quality product is delivered all the time.
- Over 7 years of software testing experience in the IT industry.
- Extensively involved in manual and automation testing of web based applications.
- Solid understanding of SDLC methodologies
- Good exposure to Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect Life cycle
- Experience in estimation, test strategy and test plan creation.
- Experience in managing testing activities and deliverables of the QA team.
- Experience in team management (Task Allocation and coordination)
- Experience in metrics analysis of different project releases.
- Good experience in managing defect life cycle and coordinating with different groups to resolve them.
- Experience in environment set up activities and test data creation.
- Experience in design, development and execution of test cases.
- Good Experience in test management tools such as Quality Center and Rational Clear Quest
- Solid understanding of SQL concepts.
- Skilled in understanding Software Requirement Specifications and identifying all possible scenarios for testing.
- Excellent experience with different Black Box testing techniques that include Functional, System, Regression, End to End and Acceptance testing.
- Skilled in identifying scenarios for Risk Based and exploratory testing.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases.
- Good experience in cross browser testing.
- Expertise in automation using Selenium WebDriver, with Java on TestNG.
- Designed and implemented automation frameworks from scratch using Page Object Model.
- Experience in creating and automating BDD test cases using Cucumber on Eclipse IDE.
- Solid experience on build Management tools like Maven and continuous Integration tool Jenkins.
- Adequate experience in coordinating testing activities with the Development team.
- Experience in REST API testing using Rest Assured.
- Knowledge on XML and JSON data formats.
- Basic working knowledge on MongoDB.
- Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, conducting Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, and Risk Analysis.
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Unix
Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Visio
Programming Languages: Java, Gherkin, SQL
Database: Oracle, DB2, MongoDB
Tools: Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, TOAD, JIRA, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium GRID, MAVEN, JENKINS
Domain Knowledge: Health Insurance
Soft Skills: Presentation Skills, Personal grooming and etiquette, Mentoring and Time Management
Technical Test Lead
- Analyze business and system requirements, manage development of specifications to create and execute detailed test plans and verify bug fixes.
- Test planning and effort estimation.
- Test Scenario documentation and test case design.
- Regression Suite Design
- Test Scenario and Test Case review.
- Identifying Automation Scenarios from the set of Test cases/User stories identified in cycle
- Developing Web Automation Test cases for the identified Automation Scenarios
- Performed Cross Browser Automation using Selenium GRID with Sauce Labs Cloud Integration
- Reviewed the Code prepared by other team mates and suggested improvements if required.
- Running Smoke regression suite after every build and publish the detailed reports with the bugs detected
- Running Full Automation suite for every Release and analyze the root cause of Failed scripts
- Developed Page object Model Design Selenium framework on TestNG Platform
- Involved in writing test scripts using Java and executed them through Selenium Cucumber.
- Used Build Management tool Maven in the framework for batch triggering of Test cases
- Integrated complete framework with CI Tool Jenkins for Scheduling the Test cases
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like Github, SVN over the time for improvements and new features
- Mentoring team members
- Tracking overall team productivity and metrics analysis
- Defect and Daily status reporting
- Continuous coordination with development teams for defect resolution and tracking defects to closure.
- Determined testing requirements developed and reviewed scripts for positive and negative test scenarios.
- Analyzed application, system, and security errors. Escalated issues to developers and verified fixes.
- Designed test plans and defined cases for functional, integration system, and user acceptance testing.
- Analyzed Risk and documented Risk Logs and created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) with respect to the requirement vs. Test cases
- Performed GAP Analysis and organized team meetings for defect prevention after every project release.
- Created UAT test cases to help business users in UAT
- Worked with business Analyst and technical team for early defects fixes.
Environment: Windows XP, SQL, Manual testing, Quality Center
- Got together with Business analysis team and end users to understand the business requirements and project functionalities
- Participated in requirement walkthroughs with the BA’s to gain in - depth knowledge of the requirements.
- Prepared test plans and test strategy documents
- Created system test scenarios and detailed test cases
- Created requirements traceability matrix to map the requirements and test cases for adequate test coverage
- Involved in smoke, system, regression and production checkout testing and created test plans for each of these phases.
- Executed test cases and tracked defects through defect tracking tool
- Worked with development and project management team for early defect fixes
- Worked with business users on UAT and helped them log/track/verify defects
Environment: Windows XP, SQL, TOAD, Manual testing, Quality Center
- Analyzed business requirements and prepared test plans and test strategy
- Created and executed system and regression test scripts
- Coordinated in environment set up activities
- Tracked and managed defects through defect tracking tool
Environment: Windows, SQL, Manual Testing, TOAD HP Quality Center