- A highly competent and results oriented Senior Automation Test Analyst with 6+ years of experience in Software Testing, Selenium Automation, JAVA web projects, Team leading & training, Client facing.
- Working knowledge of using QTP Scripts with Standard, Text, Bitmap, Table Checkpoints and Synchronization Points.
- Experience in logging defects, prioritize them, retest fixed defects and track them till closure using Bug tracking tools like MS TFS, HP ALM Quality Center and JIRA.
- Designed and executed manual and automated test cases through QC by integrating QTP .
- Created and implemented Automatic scripts for performing Functional, Regression, System, Integration testing.
- Expertise in Ruby, Cucumber and used Hudson and Jenkins as CI tools.
- Excellent in converting existing Manual Test Cases into Automation Scripts in QTP environment.
- Extensively created and executed SQL queries in Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL tables to validate data at the back end.
- Extensive experience in analyzing, building, executing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases per business, functional and User Requirement Specifications.
- Expertise in using Tools Mercury/HP Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla, and JIRA.
- Highly experienced in Test Management Tool, Test Director, Quality Centre and Test Automation tools like QTP , Cucumber using Ruby.
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like CVS, SVN over the time for improvements and new features.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries, SQL Scripts and performing Database testing
- Solid experience of Defect/Test Management tools like JIRA, Quality Center/Test Director, Bugzilla.
- Hands - on experience in designing and developing frameworks using QTP integrated with QC ( ALM ).
- Having experience on Waterfall & Agile Methodology.
- Experience with QTP / HP UFT to develop automation scripts in VB Script for regression testing.
- Executed test cases for web-based Micro Strategy reporting application. Performed Web-Services Testing using SOAP UI and generated XML Files for messaging.
- Expertise with testing tools such as Cucumber, Selenium, Ruby-Mine, Selenium Web Driver, Quality Center, Quick Test Professional (UFT) and SOAPUI.
- Proven ability in Working individually or as a part of team, Problem solving, Process improvement activities, Analytical skills, Reporting and Assisting to Manager
Testing tools: Cucumber (Ruby Mine IDE), UFT/QTP, SeleniumQuality Center /9.x/10, ALM 11, Jira, Version one, Trello, Eclipse, SharePoint, Jenkins, GitHub.
Programming Languages: C, Java, Ruby, VB Script, PL/SQL, Basics of (HTML, CSS, Java Script and XML)
Database: SQL Server, Oracle 10g, MS SQL
MS Office: Office 2007, 2010, 365 (MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
Operating Systems: Windows (10, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 98), Windows server, MS-DOS, Linux/Unix
SDLC Methodology: Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall
Mainframe: PCOMM 3270 Emulator, DB2
Sr. Automation Tester/QTP/UFT
- Involved in creating the automation test cases for testing various web modules: supplier data, inventory tracker, exchange tracker, damage tracker.
- Worked on the high-level framework, identified the functional areas and created different functions to make the scripts reusable in QTP.
- Wrote SQL queries in Oracle SQL Developer 11 g to retrieve data/validate data from the different tables and using different schemas.
- Prepared scripts using VB Script to automate test case scripts in QTP/UFT for the Front-end-applications.
- Involved in the preparation of Object Repository, Function Libraries and Error handling using QTP also involved in writing load test scripts using Apache JMeter.
- Used Red Mine, JIRA for bug tracking and reporting and followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Performed GUI , functional, and system testing, both manually and automated using HP QC and QTP/UFT .
- Involved in Writing ANT build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of Junit test cases/suites for VIN service, common data service, Admin UI and java client modules.
- Created and maintained automated tests using QTP by coding in VB script.
- Wrote and executed automated Data Driven scripts in QTP for different test scenarios, inserted various checkpoints to check web pages, table contents, databases, bitmaps and text.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
- Reported bugs in Jira and keep track of them on daily basis to revalidate when fixes are available.
Confidential, Dublin, Ohio.
Selenium QA Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Performed backend testing to validate and verify data sets using SQL queries such as: Create Table, Insert Into, Select, Join, Union etc.
- Experience in writing and executing Unix/Linux commands and shell scripting
- Performed Smoke, GUI, Functional, Performance, Functional, End to End, Back-End and Regression testing of equity trading based on the requirements.
- Setup the Automation Framework using Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, TestNG and Run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Implemented BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions.
- Checked Database to determine successful transaction of test data from the application by establishing connectivity using SQL commands.
- Developed automation test cases using Junit framework and Selenium WebDriver.
- Have a good understanding of development environment using AGILE methodologies with SCRUM process. Participated in Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Designed and Developed UAT regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created Functional Test Cases by reviewing the process flow and BRD documents. Analyzed the test scenarios and created the test cases in Excel and JIRA .
- Written Step Definitions and test scripts using Cucumber .
- Worked on Testing of Payment Web Application which uses Restful Web services , XML, DOM, JSON and AJAX features.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and created selenium automation scripts in Java using TestNG prior to agile release and used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Set up the different builds in Jenkins and deployed the scripts on Apache Tomcat.
- Attended the daily bug review meetings, weekly status meetings and walkthroughs and interacted with business analysts and developers for resolving defects.
- Ran regression test suits on new build after every deployment and analyze the report generated to identify the test cases failed.
- Analyzing business requirements documents to get better idea of technical and business aspects of the module.
- Worked with Scrum teams and attended daily scrum meetings as part of Agile test environment.
- Maintain .xml file for data required to run automation using Selenium web driver.
- Design, develop and implemented Behavior data driven (BDD) automation testing framework utilizing Java , cucumber and Selenium Web Driver.
- Designed test cases based on various use cases to test different functionalities as per the business requirements.
- Automated the Test Cases using Selenium, WebDriver, Java Eclipse and JUnit.
- Executed automated tests in appropriate test regions in support of unit, integration, functional, and regression testing using WebDriver.
- Performed backend testing like database validations of relational database using complex SQL queries.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Used SOAP UI to test SOAP and REST web services.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, JAVA, Maven & Jenkins.
- Prepared test data by interacting with database with SQL queries and ensure complete test coverage.
- Good expert on automating the Smoke and Functional test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Automated UI functional test cases using Selenium with Java.
- Ran Selenium regression test suite on various environments and submitted report to client manager.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions.
- Raised defects in ALM with all the details like screen shots and steps to reproduce it.
- Provide daily status report to test lead by end of the day.
- Worked on different Test-NG Annotations such as @Test, @Before Test, @After Test, @Before Suite, @After Suite, @Parameter, @Data Provider.
- Used JMeter for testing performance aspects of application. Able to work with threads, samplers and listeners as part of performance test tasks.
- Cross-Browser Testing was performed on different versions of IE and other Browsers. Design and built single landing page using Ruby.
- Involved in Mainly in Integration testing, Regression, System, Smoke and UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Provided regular test execution status and other necessary updates to the management team.
- Co-ordinate with developers to plan testing phase and complete testing in time.
Environment: s: Agile, JIRA (Agile Project Management Tool), Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Eclipse, Java, Java Script, SQL, Behavior Driven Development(BDD), HTML, XML, JSON, web services/API (SOAP UI), Load Runner (Performance Testing Tool).
- Performed Functional, Regression, Ad Hoc on Web based applications supporting the Online application. Involved in Agile methodology based on Project Planning, Test Planning and Coordinating on all SDLC phases.
- Assisted people working with QTP to create, manage and execute Test Sets and maintained QTP Test Libraries.
- Responsible for performing Functional Testing on the application by creating Automated scripts using QTP.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Experience with delivering comprehensive test strategies within a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment using TeamCity .
- Ran automation scripts in QTP as part of regression testing and export run results to word document to report for management.
- Performed manual testing for functionality testing and developed automated execution of test cases using QTP for Regression Testing.
- Developed scripts using Regular expressions to handle dynamic Window names in QTP.
- Executed Test cases and scripts, SQL query for a database testing.
- Created, executed Debugging Test Scripts using QTP/UFT.
- Performed Automation testing of web based applications using QTP.
- Involved in the preparation of Object Repository, Function Libraries and Error handling using QTP.
Environment: QTP/UFT, VB Script, ALM/HP Quality Center, PL/SQL, .Net, Mainframes, J2EEJSP, XML, Ruby, SQL Server, MS Access and Windows XP, JIRA, UNIX, iOS, Mobile Testing, Appium, Oracle, MS-Office, XML, HTML, Firebug, Eclipse, JUnit, SOAPUI, RESTAPI