- 9+ years of testing, troubleshooting and customer service experience in telecom industry
- Full understanding and experience working in the modern Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Active participation and contribution in all phases of the product life cycle
- Experience testing web - based application on IE, Firefox, Chrome, mobile browsers
- Experience testing: IOS and Android devices, Android and IOS smartphone applications
- Defect Logging
- Testing methodologies
- Requirements Review, Creating Test Cases and Test Execution.
- Mercury / HP Quality Center, Jira
- Fiddler debugging, Firebug debugging, Wireshark debugging tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to go to the core of the problem, good work ethics, excellent communication & interpersonal skills, good team player and ability to master new technologies quickly
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet project mile stones
- Motivated and enthusiastic about developing good relations with clients
- Discovering and Reporting Software Defects and Verifying Defect fixes
- Proven success in multi-tasking, handling multiple projects and responsibilities
- Good Analytical and Communication Skills, ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team under strict deadlines
Testing & Defects Management Tools: HP Quality Center, Jira, MS Product Studio and Bugzilla
Operating Systems & Networking: Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2003, 2008, 2008R2, SQL Server, LinuxUbuntu, Mac
Protocols & Networking: TCP/IP, IPSec, TLS, HTTP, SIP, RTP, SRTP, SDP, MSRP, XCAP Tcpdump, Wireshark, MGTS, Empirix, SBC, UNIX network utilities, Android SDK
Telecom Standards: 3GPP, GSM, GPRS, 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, MME, CDMA, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium RC, SoapUI, MS WTT, Loctest Client.
Programming & Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell Scripting, jQuery Library, HTML5, Java
Telecom Technologies: SMSC, MMSC, PPG, GMLC, EAG, Alcatel Lucent ISG & WSG, PCRF
Telecom Protocols: SMPP, 3GPP MM7, PAP, Mobile Location Protocol, Parlay X SOAP, IETF
WorldReady QA: Software Globalization, Localizability and Localization testing
Microsoft Office Suite: 2003- 2016; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Visio and Outlook
Designing Tools: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Visio, and Dreamweaver
Ticketing Systems: Remedy, CTS, BMC Track-It and Enterprise On Demand (EOD)
- Design, Integration, Technical writing (CMOPS-Customer executable Method of Procedure), Testing for Major Release upgrades, Patch Releases, Growth work, Configuration, North Bound Interface, Feature Activation, Migration work.
- CMOP Regression Testing
- Attending Technical Peer Review for MOP Review
- Testing CMOP using different test methodologies as required
- Software Download Testing (Act-As)
- QA Review Testing
- Gold Standard Check Testing
- Experience with Nokia MCAS and eSM platforms
- Experience with SurePay/OCS solutions and PCRF functions .
UAT Test Lead
- Wireless and eService/ecommerce testing.
- Functional, Design, Test Requirements, Specification documents.
- Comprehensive Delivery Process (CDP) providing guidelines on projects to enforce IT-Quality standards and procedures.
- Planning, Facilitating, and participating in working sessions with cross-functional resources.
- Review Quality Assurance documentation for accuracy, feasibility, consistency, and completeness. Conceptualize, document, and communicate solutions concerning IT-Quality issues in general as well as to meeting SOX and Internal Audit requirements.
- HP Quality Center - Application Life Cycle Management.
Senior QA Engineer
- Wrote software test plans and test cases based on product specifications
- Developed test automation using Selenium/Webdriver and service oriented architecture testing.
- Worked closely with the Development team to insure the effectiveness and quality of the components and systems developed
- Worked closely with the Documentation team to insure the content is meaningful and correct
- Executed test cases on mobile devices (Android, iPhone/iPad, Windows Phone)
- Performed smoke, regression, UX, Acceptance, end to end, functional, and Compatibility testing
Confidential, Redmond / Bothell, WA
Software QA Test Engineer
- Developed test plans and test cases from a variety of documentation types using equipment such as Anritsu 8475, Keysight PXT, CMW 500 and executed them.
- Triaged defects and reported on defect impacts
- Troubleshooted defects for functional area of expertise and non-defect issues that are blocking test progress.
- Executed test plans, conducted negative/exception tests, verification, performance, Website Usability and regression tests
- Experience with JSON Web Tokens (JWT), AuthN, AuthZ, GIT/GitHub, API’s
- Tested Voice over LTE ( Confidential )
- Tested 3GPP ( UMTS & LTE) Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocol and call processing
- Analyzed Proper call flow requests, responses and/or updates using Tracing tools to capture SIP, TCP, UDP and other LTE-EPC and IMS Protocols using QXDM captured logs
- Analysis of Telephony voice services to include call waiting, call barring, 3-way calling, etc.
- Verified Proper operation of handsets in providing the Voice Services and analyzing QXDM captured logs
- Analyzed Proper operation with 3G and 2.5G networks For example switching back and forth between any the applicable network types
- Solid understanding of IMS architecture (VoIP, Video, others), LTE architecture ( Confidential ), UMTS architecture (CS Fall back)
- Performed functional testing applications in Linux environment
- Executed automation test scripts, wrote SQL queries and reported defects
Confidential, Kirkland, WA
- Participate in test planning and in testing activities on New Firefox OS mobile devices for a major device release.
- End to End, Smoke testing, individual suites in depth testing on mobile devises
- RF testing on multiple devises on cellular network as well as Wi-Fi
- RIL log capture via Android Debugging Tools
- Executing test cases, logging defects, reading and reviewing requirements, testing applications, troubleshooting, updating test cases and regressing defects
- Daily manual and OTA OS update to new Build via Cygwin and Android SDK.
- Run 5000+ test cases and logged 400+ bugs in Bugzilla.
Software Support Specialist
- Managed EDI document exchange, mapping, data definition, testing, worked with trading partners and supported AS2, AS1, bisync, and FTP
- Supported software in C++, RPG, HTML/CSS, XML, Perl, and PHP
- Managed helpdesk, PO, and asset tracking system database
- Managed Active Directory and Exchange user accounts
- Built, installed and configured the on-site server
- Configured data transfer of energy production and consumption data
- Developed database to store this data and display it graphically on touch-screen LCD kiosk screen
Confidential, Santa Barbara, CA
Software/Tech Support Manager
- Provided technical support through inbound and outbound calls, email and messaging
- Troubleshooted and resolved software installation, network and firewall issues
- Provided online support for service advisors and shop owners
Confidential, Bothell, WA
Technical Support Representative BCSS Tier II / Tester
- Provided tech support and testing of wireless voice and data products to business customers incl. “500 Fortune” companies, government agencies, through inbound and outbound calls, email and messaging troubleshooted complex wireless issues across multiple interdependent elements incl.
- SS7 network protocols with thorough Call flow Analysis, Data tracing using extensive filter and search capabilities
- Tested and debugged programs and devices by running test cases, logging and regressing defects
- Submitted new knowledge base articles to My CSP team, suggested updates and changes to existing articles via email
- Maintained and enhanced working knowledge of all aspects of 3G / LTE network
- Wrote / reviewed requirements, test plans and test cases, Software user’s guide documentation writing, Defect management and in-depth bug analysis
- Worked critical cases as needed on a 24x7 basis or through an on-call model
- Worked with Service Assurance teams and Account managers on high level escalations
- Originated, tracked, resolved and closed tickets on a timely basis, incl. working with 3 rd party vendors
- Utilized Remedy, CTS and Enterprise On Demand (EOD) tracking systems to coordinate resolution of network issues
- Built Access Point Names and modified and upgraded database systems to suit company requirements
- Performed mobile device testing: Android phones, Windows Devices, Blackberry phones, Acer notebook computers and other devices
- Hosted Triage and defect status calls, Executed functional, system-integration, stress-load-performance (SLP), boundary, user interface (UI), regression and ad-hoc testing
- Entrusted with the most complex customer service issues as a result of exceptional ability to promptly resolve concerns and satisfy customers
Confidential, Bothell, WA
Advanced Network Service Representative
- Troubleshooted, configured and tested PDA devices such as RIM Blackberry, Android, I-phone and Windows mobile devices
- Processed Return Authorizations (RA's) and Return Merchandise Authorization(RMA) for repairs and exchanges under company guidelines
- Tested, analyzed, identified and resolved complex data-related device issues including provisioning, coverage, network elements, and device configuration
- Tested and troubleshooted equipment and software problems incl. assisting customers with Windows applications
- Escalated data issues to other departments and third-party vendors for lab testing to ensure resolution
Confidential, Kirkland, WA
- Trained in the Current Testing style for Confidential Mobility standards
- QA-101 is an intense training class based on the current Confidential Mobility testing model; the main instructor has worked for Confidential Mobility as senior test lead for 7 years.
- This course is not only theory based but is a hand on approach to testing using the latest testing tools used by Confidential Mobility.
- Here we sat with Software Test Engineers from Confidential and we were able to shadow STE during their day to day testing; we were allowed to review the STE requirements, help logging defects, write test cases using HP Quality Center