- An analytical, meticulous IT manager with demonstrated expertise in quality/project management, software development, merger and acquisitions, process improvements, metrics/analytics, automation/performance, risk management, customer service, vendor relations, regression/user acceptance test, research/analysis, compliance, problem solving/troubleshooting in Global Delivery model.
- Adept at creating strategies and driving tactical execution while introducing technology and business needs in Banking, Retail, Technology domains. Overcomes challenges, demonstrates a commitment to exemplary quality, continuous cost reductions, ensuring desirable bottom - line results.
Productivity Software, Quality Management Tools: Clarity; Remedy; HP Quality Center 11.52/ALM; JIRA; QTP; UFT 11.52; eggplant; Load Runner/HP Performance Center 11.52; IBM Rational Tools; Clear Quest; Microsoft Office Suite; MS Project, Visio; Tableau; BI Reporting; ETL; SharePoint; Virtualization; Handheld Mobile Devices; Inventory Management; COTS (ARGO - Teller/Platform), FIS, SEI Wealth Platform, Cenlar Loan Origination
Software Configuration Tools: Clear Quest; Microsoft VSS, Visual Studio, TFS; Change Control Management Tools;
Confidential, Charlotte, North Carolina
Senior Software Quality Assurance Program ManagerResponsibilities:
- Established QA as a service organization for multiple bank platforms, bank data repository, that delivers high quality products in monthly, incremental releases. Positioned QA team as a key partner through continuous improvement in thought leadership, technology implementation to strategically shift from QA to QE route, currently at 85%. Identified, rolled out test data management solution with Selenium Test Automation. Strategized test automation to cove 80% of regression suite leveraging API level test in Deposit platform, introduced Sprint level test automation in Trust platform as an strategic shift in testing at enterprise level.
- QA Program Management engagement includes define, execute Test Strategy, Plan/Execution of Confidential /Ever Bank Merger-Acquisition integrating in house and Fidelity Applications; Trust Wealth Management Replatform initiatives on in house, SEI, other 3rd party application; Define, Implement partnership solution among TIAA IT Global Center India, onsite offshore multi-vendor partners. Projects are in both Water Fall and Agile methodologies with multiple COTS integration using Microsoft, Java technologies for Mobile, Web, Client Server Applications. Test automation leverages UFT, Selenium tools.
- Stabilized, enhanced QA organization in Deposit platform for TIAA, Ever Bank Merger Acquisition Program while formed new QA teams in Trust, Mortgage/Lending platforms with defined QA Charter, Strategy, Test Plans, Goals at Optimal Cost, managing $3m + QA spend - with goal of 15% cap for QA
- Define, Strategize Lift and Shift Test approach for successful Core Conversion in Everbank Merger Acquisitions
- Established Quarterly QA Metrics review with C Level Executives to measure success, outline opportunities
- Managed, Transformed 4 Global QA teams of 38 direct reports in 5 locations, delivered 98 projects in 18 months, started with 2 resources
- Setup Integrated Test Management processes in Mobile, Web Security, 3rd party changes at enterprise level
- Delivered 98% projects on time, with zero production defect
- Optimized Test Automation Strategy in Sprint -1 and API Level test for Deposit Platform
- Transforming QA to Agile/BDD approach as part of QE optimization in most work streams
- Created, enhancing Test Automation Strategy in Trust Platform for enterprise release of robust test suite
- Identified, setup strategy for Test Data Automation - 67% cost/time reduction over manual processes in 18 months
- Partner with Operation Support to ensure goal of Zero Defect leakage on every delivered project
- Collaborate with DevOps for change management in adherence with CI/CD, ensure stable test environment
Confidential, Bentonville, Arkansas
Software Quality Assurance ManagerResponsibilities:
- Delivered quality products on time and within budget. Collaborated on strategic initiatives to improve efficiency and productivity. Partnered closely with stakeholders to improve customer satisfaction and time to market as well as reduce costs with shift to left focus. Led teams of associates and vendors that delivered 50 high-quality projects in Pharmacy and POS. Defined QA strategy, year over year, in pharmacy application area. Managed $3,000,000 QA budget, optimizing budget by 10% year over year. Led cross-functional team to conduct defect to product mapping for faster defect turn around.
- Led collaboration across functional teams (AD, PMO, Ops) to implement continuous integration (TDD, DevOps) and Scrum/Kanban Agile, Waterfall methodologies across SDLC. Oversaw resource allocation, demand/capacity, training, appraisal of 40 associates, contractors. Spearheaded strategy implementation during transformation from quality assurance to quality engineering. Managed QA defect, production ticket triage in pharmacy release, with 6 major releases, 10 service packs a year.
- Increased speed to market by reducing test cycle time by 60% through automation, process improvements, and test case optimization, reducing regression test cases from 5,000 to 2,400.
- Defined, presented QA metrics to development, PMO, senior management with goal of perpetual improvement.
- Oversaw cross-functional teams to perform defect leakage analysis at each phase, to contain leakage at 2% or below.
- Implemented relationship between QA and stakeholders to earn trust in Legacy/enterprise application releases.
- Implemented processes to manage UAT defects and transformation of production issues to defects.
- Implemented performance test, test environment/data management solution in pharmacy enterprise application test.
- Revitalized delivery of Pick-up-Today, Layaway, Data Strategy projects, Pharmacy Software Program Releases of Connexus Application, SOA based workflow, for Walmart US pharmacy operation, with 6 or more projects per release.
Environment: VB.Net, Informix, Hadoop, Hive, HP UFT, HP LoadRunner, Splunk, TestNG, Selenium, Angular JS, LINUXWin 7/2008 Server, Cassandra, Kafka, DB2, VSTS, JIRA, HP ALM 12.0, SOAPUI, DevTest, Agile Scrum
Confidential, Cleveland, Ohio
Senior QA LeadResponsibilities:
- Led software test and QA activities for enterprise-level releases of multiple projects, spanning from traditional retail to online banking applications, personal/commercial lending, ARGO, ACBS integration with dashboard, CTI, conversion application in client server, web based applications in Waterfall, RUP and AGILE methodologies. Provided test artifacts, improved existing QA processes using TCoE, TMM roadmap and strict Stage Gate enforcement in phase transition.
- Created and enforced release milestones for enterprise releases of multiple applications/projects.
- Developed master test plan to track QA, test phase activities, and resource allocation.
- Authored test approach with defined test strategy and success criteria per QA CoE.
- Executed manual and automated test cases in system, integration, end-to-end, disaster recovery testing.
- Devised and published relevant QA metrics to track changes, risk assessment, and FMEA.
- Directed performance test team to identify scope in transactions for performance test.
- Led testing of Microsoft reporting services to accommodate Agile development.