- Senior QA Engineer with 8 years of extensive Software Testing Life Cycle experience mainly in Healthcare, Insurance, Retail and Banking domains. Developed Test Cases, Test Plan, Test Data, Time Estimates and Automation test scripts using Selenium. Diversified experience in Automation, Manual testing and Mobile automation testing.
- Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile as well as Iterative development environments.
- Strong knowledge in implementing Waterfall, Agile (Sprint/Scrum) Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, strategies, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrices.
- Good Knowledge in OOPS (Object Oriented Programming System) concepts i.e., Abstraction, Polymorphism, Encapsulation and Inheritance. Good knowledge in Exception Handling, Collection Framework, File Operations, Multi - Threading, Methods of string classes, Conditional and Looping statements.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Experience with Cross- Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Designed and Implemented different automation frameworks like Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework and Hybrid Framework.
- Automated functional testing for Oracle E-Business Suite. Integrated platform to create EBS load test scripts. Supports Oracle EBS R12 Supports Oracle EBS R12 (12.0.x &12.1.x) and 11i (11.5.x). Supported both Web & Oracle Forms interfaces & protocols. Scripts were developed against a Vision demo database. Open Script records both HTTP and Forms actions in the test script to automate your transaction.
- Developed and executed the Automation Test Scripts with Selenium Java API using Eclipse IDE, performed web services testing, thus ensuring high Code Coverage and security.
- Used Selenium Web Driver, TestNG to run parallel testing by creating groups and categorizing test cases .
- Experienced in using Maven to define project structure, dependencies, build and test management.
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool. Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls. Experience in writing applications using Java& related technologies such as XML, XSL, HTML, and SQL, PL/SQL middleware technologies such as Web Services, SOAP and WSDL.
- Performed Back-end testing using SQL Queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the SQL Database. Write complex SQL queries for retrieval of required data using TOAD.
- Ran SQL queries to verify the number of records and validated the referential integrity rules as per the design specifications. Loaded data to different databases using SQL scripts and maintained a repository for data loading scripts. Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables. Experience in Data warehousing integration services: SSIS, Reporting Services: SSRS and SSAS and also involved in the report generation of BI systems using Crystal Reports.
- Good knowledge in using DWH Tools like SSIS and to execute the batch jobs. Experience testing on XML documents. Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases.
- Action for various key and mouse events, using different Locators (XPath, CSS, id, Link text). Experience in Handset Testing, writing Test plans, and defining Test cases for various module screens of the application, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing results and reporting defects. Experienced in using Apache POI to read data from external sources to feed locators in web application using Test Scripts. Involved in setting up Jenkins to run daily build jobs for regression test suits using TestNG.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber. Experience in Expanding BDD Scenarios in cucumber using Gherkin Language. Expert in Mobile testing of manual and automation for both Android and IOS applications. Performed mobile testing using Appium on real and virtual devices and sound knowledge in Perfecto which is a cloud based mobile testing. Good experience in testing the native, hybrid and mobileweb applications.
- Configured and customized Appium tool setting to execute mobile automation test scripts. Ability to gather requirements and provide Quality Assurance of detailed user requirements of Mobile applications manually and using automated tools. Experience in Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases, SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, JUnit Testing, Black box testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing, Web / UI and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in Bug tracking and Reporting using Test Director/ HP Quality Center. Experienced in using Test Management tools such as RALLY, JIRA which are bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables. Hands on experience in using build and project management tools like MAVEN and Configuration management tools like SVN.
- Experience with projects that utilized web technologies like XML, HTML, CSS, REST and high-level languages such as Java. Running batch execution and sending status report to higher management.
- Dynamic and assertive team player with a strong inclination to improve and optimize process development and implementation. Utilized knowledge of Java to create automation test scripts.
Test Approaches: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI
Test Build& Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins, SVN
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model
Markup Languages: HTML, XML
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8, UNIX, LINUX
Defect Tools: HP Quality Center, RALLY, JIRA, ALM
MS Office Tools and other tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Eclipse IDE
Confidential, Dayton, OH
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Analyzed functional requirements and design specifications to ensure that application meets all technical and business requirements.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using Selenium ActionsBuilder, Mouse Hover and Synchronization.
- Achieved Synchronization between test scripts execution and application using Implicit waits and Explicit waits.
- Used Firebug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CssSelector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Used Selenium Grid to run the scripts in multiple platforms and browsers.
- Involved in grouping of Test automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application.
- Implemented Data Driven with Page Object Model automation framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers using TestNG where multiple tests were run in parallel.
- Implemented TestNG work and used Parameters, Data Provider TestNG annotations.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet for data driven testing.
- Implemented Regression Test to detect bugs after enhancement and configuration settings of the code.
- Used AutoIT for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Involved in functional testing of SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI Tool and tested both xml and JSON formats.
- Prepared BDD scenarios for UAT (User Acceptance testing) using Cucumber.
- Wrote Scenarios, Scenario outlines and Step definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for BDD.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the GitHub source control repository tool.
- Performed continuous integration of code and scripts using Jenkins, Maven and TestNG.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI.
- Developed Mobile Web Browser Automation test cases using Appium Java client.
- Worked with developers to update the defects, resolve them and track their status using JIRA.
- Participated in QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment:: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Core Java, Cucumber, TestNG, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, SQLAutoIT, Apache POI, JIRA, SOAPUI, SQL Server, Eclipse.
Confidential, Albany, NY
Sr. Automation Engineer/ Mobile Tester
- Analyzed the user stories based on detail acceptance criteria for the corresponding Sprint.
- Run Defect Triaging and review the Test Plan, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases with Project Team.
- Involved in creating, updating and executing of test cases according to requirements.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Web Driver using Java programming language, MAVEN and TestNG.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium Web Driver.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Executed System Test Cases/Scenarios in DEV environment and make sure that user stories are working as expected.
- Developed Keyword Driven framework to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and Oracle Databases.
- Identified the correct web elements uniquely by using different types by locators like Id, Name, Link Text, CSS, DOM, and XPath.
- Used Ajax Call Synchronization in Selenium Web Driver, used Implicit, Explicit waits to handle the execution flows.
- Identified Iframes in the web application to test the nested images, banners and other embedded web pages in it. Used switchto() to switch from the existing web pages to iframes, other windows and alerts.
- Used TestNG framework, covering different types of test designs like a unit test, functional test, end to end test, UI test and integration test.
- Integrated with TestNG to perform Cross Browser Testing using parallel processing, groups and annotations.
- Designed, coded and executed automated tests using TestNG and generated tests using Log4j in various output targets.
- Developed BDD scripts with Cucumber and wrote step definitions for behavior.
- Participated in continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model, and Data Driven Test for certain Test Cases.
- Built Test Suite in XML for functional and regression test.
- Implemented Spring Content Negotiation concepts to provide response in XML and JSON.
- Tested these Web services using SOAP UI and Postman.
- Monitored the jobs which could be SVN checkout using Jenkins. Used Jenkins for Change Support to generate the list of all changes done to the repository, for Email integration to email the content of the status of the build.
- Executed the test cases and reviewed the results with Business to get the Business approval for UAT
- Co-ordination between Technology and Business to ensure all the outstanding issues are being addressed, fixed and retested
- Performed browser compatibility testing.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Extensively involved with backend testing by writing complex SQL queries.
- Performed cross-system consistency checks while doing the integration testing where data pay load received or send to the Upstream and/or downstream applications and validated the data integrity by writing effective SQL statements.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Involved in the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests
- Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and also executed the daily regression test suites
- Involved in debugging of the existing automation script
- Experience working in Agile/ Scrum methodology for SDLC and working on Test management tools like Rally.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
- Involved in preparing monthly QA metrics and Weekly status reports.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium GRID, Java, Web Services, SOAP,SQL,Quality Center, AGILE, SVN, HTML, XML, Java Script, CSS, Eclipse, Oracle, Windows, UNIX/LINUX, MS Word
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Analyzed and evaluated complex client requirements and converted them in to suitable Automation test suite.
- Created functional automation test scripts using selenium Web driver with TestNG framework.
- Identifying the correct GUI web elements uniquely by using different types by locators like Id, Name, Link Text, CSS, DOM, and XPath.
- Used Ajax Call Synchronization in Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Implicit, Explicit waits to handle the execution flows.
- Handling special keyboard and mouse events using the Advanced User Interactions API.
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer functionalities, and Change Processes.
- Developed re-usable functions using TestNG for the Test Automation.
- Experience in developing SQL queries using joins, unions, aggregate functions, etc.
- Good knowledge of Oracle, MS SQL and MySQL databases.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services API.
- Developed SQL Scripts for Backend Testing to validate the data as per the Business Rules.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Designed, developed and executed the entire test suite.
- Participated in test requirement gathering and Test Plan review meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex automation challenges involving Ajax, dynamic objects, custom object types, unexpected event handling. Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Prepared QA matrix and status reports.
- Monitored the jobs which could be SVN checkout using Jenkins.
- Worked in Agile methodology.
- Used Rally for Defect reporting and tracking.
- Conducted Regression Testing after the defect corrections.
- Tested the backend of applications using SQL developer.
- Involved in the Defect Review Meetings.
- Performed Backend testing to test the validity of data using SQL Queries.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Eclipse, Rally, Windows, SVN, Jenkins, SOAPUI, MySQL.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Analyzing the Business Requirement Document, High level and Low-level design documents.
- Create and review - Test scenarios, Test suite preparation, Test Data creation, Test case execution and Defect logging.
- Wrote automation scripts using Selenium web driver.
- Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium Web Driver.
- Preparation of Test scripts using Selenium Web driver (Automation tool) with java for Functional Test cases.
- Automating the regression & project cases using Selenium.
- Performing Failure Analysis for the regression failed cases using Selenium.
- Organize weekly meetings with Client leads & Onsite manager regarding the Automation status.
- Point of contact for Process related activities like Metrics reporting & Operation clarity.
- Review - Defect prevention plan and Software configuration management plan.
- Responsible for all aspects of project delivery (Test Design, Test execution and Test summary report) and management (Test metrics and Risk analysis) to client partners, offshore manager and Onsite manager.
- Organize weekly meetings with offshore managers, Onsite Coordinator & Onsite manager to discuss the Project goals and report the health of the overall project status.
- Updating the application down time in Environment Tracker during test execution phase.
- Performed Integration Testing in Vendor Development environment and System Testing in SIT environment and User Acceptance Testing in Pre-Production Environment.
- Involved Preparation of Traceability Matrix and mapping the Test Cases with the requirements and Test Metrics in Quality Center.
- Reported bugs in Quality Center with server logs information from Web and DB servers.
- Performed Regression Testing as part of every build.
- Developed SQL Queries for testing various Database validations.
- Involved in pilot project for automation using Selenium IDE/RC.
- Implemented Selenium using JUnit frame work with Java.
Environment: Quality Center, Windows, Java, SQL, Oracle, Selenium (WebDriver, RC, Grid), JUnit/Java, Eclipse, Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, Opera.
- Used Eclipse IDE for Java coding.
- Implemented the MVC model for the web application using Struts framework.
- Used Struts Tiles to design the layout of the pages.
- Involved in programming several JSP tags using Struts Tag lib component, to modularize and stream line web page.
- Involved in preparing Test data based on business functions.
- Executing Test Scripts in QC tool for Regression Testing and analyzing the Test results.
- Finding and reporting defect in defect tracking tool Quality Center.
- Involved in giving daily and weekly status reports to clients.
- Involving in resolving valid issues and queries.
- Involved in creating Test metrics.
- Used Quality Center defect tracking tool to report application defects and enhancements request and discussed with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Performed different types of testing like Functionality, system, regression and Retesting.
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases as per the requirement document.