- 11 years of professional work experience with earned reputation for meeting demanding deadlines and delivering critical solutions on various levels of Quality Assurance in IT, Retail, Telecom, Telecast, Banking, Insurance and Healthcare Industries.
- Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client expectations along with accomplished communication, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Managed the team of up to 10 Onshore, Offshore testers, providing day to day planning, guidance and coaching
- Involved in thorough study of Business Requirement documents and functional requirement specifications.
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies; software development models such as Agile (Scrum), Waterfall RUP.
- Strong working Knowledge of STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle) & SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Skilled User Acceptance Tester understands the need to meet all functionality requirements for business client end - users of new applications. Possesses a terrific understanding of testing protocols and design.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining test artifacts including Test Plans, Test Cases, Bug Reports, and Bugs using Test Director, Mercury Quality Center, Rational Quality Manager and Jira.
- Proficient with development of Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases and executing them and have experience with development of Test Cases from Use Cases, User Acceptance Testing and Requirement Tractability Matrix.
- Very knowledgeable UAT tester understands the importance of real-world ease of use of developed software applications
- Innovative and articulate in different types of software testing methodologies, procedures and techniques such as Black Box, System, Unit, Integration, E2E, Back End, Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Ad Hoc Testing, Regression, Point to Point, Back End Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Exploratory and Performance (Load, Stress, Capacity & Scalability) testing, Compatibility/Mobile Device based testing, Redirect Testing, Negative Testing, Cross/Multi Browser Testing.
- Creating manual and automation test plans and executing automation tests using industrial testing tools such as Mercury Quick Test Professional, Win Runner, and Load Runner.
- Good experience in using Mercury Suite in Client Server and Web-Based and Data Base Application Testing.
- Perform defect tracking throughout the testing phase by utilizing HP Quality Center / Test Director and excel.
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines and schedules while working on multiple titles.
- Experienced in testing Healthcare applications and ability to think through the requirements to identify the ambiguities and build test cases for effective test coverage.
- Experienced the transition from ICD 9 to ICD 10, HIPAA 5010.
- Experienced in the use of agile approaches, including Extreme Programming, Test-Driven Development and Scrum.
- Advised product owners, scrum masters and teams to improve their ability to create good product backlogs.
- Extensive backend testing on the Database Server and viewing the data in the SQL *Plus. All SQL queries were fine tuned for greatest effectiveness and performance during the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for database testing.
- Knowledge of creating, importing, exporting, running queries and scripts with SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Database architecture, concepts And SQL Server implementation.
- Maintain positive communications and working relationships at all business levels.
- Ability to handle work pressure during production deployments and take over the responsibility of post-production defects and bugs tracking independently using Quality center, Jira, TFS & Rally.
- Ability to learn new technologies and challenging concepts quickly and implement them.
- Self-motivated team player with strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skill.
Operating System: Windows 7& 8/ Vista/XP Server/NT, Mac, Mainframe, Linux/Unix, Mobile Lab, Mobile Platform, iPad.
Testing Tools/Co. Integration: Selenium, QTP, Load Runner, Win Runner, Soap UI, Rally, WorkBench Test Mgt. Tools and Bug
FrontEnd Tools: Quality Center, Jira, Test Director, Rational Requisite Pro, Rally, TFS/MTM
Office Tools: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Project, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint.
Tested Application Build on: Apex, Java script, Visual Basic, XML, PHP, HTML, MySQL, JAVA, .Net, HTTP, HTML, UNIX Shell Script, Main Frame.
Methodologies: SDLC, AGILE, SCRUM, WATERFALL, UML
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Toad
Confidential, Basking Ridge, NJ
- Lead user acceptance testing (UAT) for 17 point of sale applications supporting Retail, Telesales, Indirect, and B2B channels.
- Handle multiple Quality Assurance (UAT) projects simultaneously.
- Worked as an UAT Tester and responsible for analyse and understanding the requirements.
- Prepared UAT Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test data for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements and test specs.
- Attended Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning, Requirements walkthrough and Release planning Meetings
- Involved in UAT testing various business rules User/Customer functionalities, and Change Processes
- Performed the detailed analysis of the requirements for designing of the test cases and any Ambiguities in the requirements/documents were resolved with the BA, ST and SMEs.
- Performed the execution of the UAT test cases and tested the POS applications like Omni Retail, Mobile POS Retail, Telesales and Indirect from E2E & End User prospective.
- Worked closely with the development, Business & ST team to get the UAT activities done effectively.
- Logged the Defects and properly handled the issue resolution & fully involved in Defect Triage meetings.
- Attend UAT Release level status calls and provide support for defect monitoring or issue resolution.
- Act as UAT Lead in planning and executing UAT testing sessions with the business team
- Coordinated the defect review calls with the PO & development team, also logged the Defects and properly handled the issue resolution.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for tracking and ensuring all the test requirements have been tested.
- Prioritizing the tasks in case of any risks involved.
- Responsible for Test Closure Activities and providing the Test Closure Document to the stakeholders.
- Proficient in maintaining all the required Docs and providing to the concerned people.
- Run and analyze automation test script.
Environment: Mercury Quality Center, ALM, MS office, MS Excel, MS Word, Pivot Tables, Share Point, Windows, IE, Chrome, Firefox, Mobile labs, ipad, POS, Retail, Telesales, Jira, UAT, Selenium, Waterfall, Agile/Scrum.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Managing on-shore and off-shore test teams in India and JC for company’s EB applications.
- Managed and performed hands on Test Plan, Project planning, auditing of system requirements, creation and certification of documentation, tracking progress metrics and defects through Rally/QC/TFS(MTM) and mentoring the team.
- Created test plans, test cases using Test Manager.
- Executed test cases using test manager.
- Working as primary liaison with Customer PO/Business, QA and Development teams for major releases.
- Reengineered QA methodologies and processes that resulted in establishment of complete traceability of requirements and enhanced test quality.
- Owned and communicated overall test progress and escalated issues to upper management in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for coordinating test data preparation and code movements into test environments.
- Worked closely with business to ensure that QA has full understanding of business objectives. This directly resulted in complete test coverage.
- Managing various QA phases and performing hands on testing including Regression, Functionality and Pre Release testing of the EB products.
- Introduced and implemented the concept of code freezes into test environment resulting in elimination of ripple defects and potential break down of key functionalities in the production environment.
- Performing internal audits at project management level for ensuring compliance with SDLC standards.
- Single handedly owning, operating and upgrading test environments for entire QA group for nearly 20 versions of the product implemented and or upgraded to clients on a continuous basis.
- Managing the On-shore based automation test teams responsible for regression testing of the product using Cucumber tool.
- Well versed in Defect Tracking & Bug Reporting. (Call, Prioritizing)
- Preparation of Exit reports and Signoff Documents.
- Precipitated in the Sprint Planning session to size the US (User Story) & provided estimation of the testing efforts.
- Tested cloud-based mobile (Android, IOS, Nexus) applications across multiple platforms, touching the full stack across the web by using “Mobile Lab” testing tool.
- Cross-Browsing testing for all Android & IOS devices in multiple testing environment.
- Tested the application on iPad and iPhone when the operating system was unveiled and made sure the application was enhanced to be compatible with the Android devices
- Coordinates with users to perform user acceptance testing, including creating UAT test scripts
- Precipitated in the UAT testing (In UAT Environment) with PO & SME.
- Works closely with development and business teams in application support of current systems, including problem analysis and resolution.
- Has worked closely with Sr. BA, PO & SME to create all stories in product backlog of each sprint supporting up to 42 sprint teams.
- Review and Perform system, Smoke, regression, Front & Back End Validation and UAT manual test script.
- Report to the project manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Worked on Salesforce objects like Chatter, Accounts, Vibe Contacts, Opportunities, Dashboard, Reports
- Utilized Rally bug tracking system to create and enforce bug processing procedures.
- Involved in the projects with heavy Agile (Scrum) methodology
Environment: Rally AGILE PLANNER, CITRIX XEN APP, Word9, Apex, .NET, XML, JAVA, C#, Web Based, Mobile Lab, Quality Center, Rally, TFS, Cucumber, Salesforce(CRM), Limelight Health, Bswift, Nebco, WebTpa, EB-MDM, LDAP, MataDiectory, MS share Point, MS Office2007, GUI, SRT,INT, UAT, AGILE(Scrum)
Confidential, Bristol, CT
Sr. System Tester
- Interact with business, business analyst and development team to have the requirement analysis.
- Analyze Requirements, identify and resolve ambiguities and Prepare Test Plan by analyzing the Functional and Business requirements and change requests.
- Prepare and review the testing strategy to finalize the testing scope and approach, identify the testing dependencies and streamline the process with upstream and downstream systems.
- Provide the project QA estimation and task schedule in terms of the prioritization of business needs and different project releases and tracked with Serena Agile Planner.
- Prepare Functional test matrices that encompass all aspects of the Service testing to include all identified user scenarios, features / components by analyzing Use Cases and Functional requirements documents.
- Create High Laval Test Case, Use Case, Test Scenario and Test Script based on the BRD/ FSD and Backlog or User Story.
- Performed manual, GUI, ad-hoc, functional, Regression, Integration, user Acceptance Testing (UAT) on the web-based application.
- Write Test charter/ Test script and performed “cross browser” compatibility testing for Chrome and Firefox in SRT, QA, UAT environment.
- Prepare QA Test Strategy, Test Plan, Manual and Test Automation Approach.
- Conduct daily SCRUM meetings with BA, developer, designer, scrum master, project manager and QA tester.
- Coordinate with the Application SME and the BA's to manage Acceptance Testing.
- Review Test Conditions, Test Cases, Master Test Requirement and Test Data and Prepare Test Execution plans, daily execution & defect reports and manage the test effort.
- Worked with AT to identify system & regression TCs to developed regression test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver.
- Prepare and test entry and exit criteria to validate test promotion across various identified project milestones.
- Work closely with the business team & demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Perform implementation activities including production checkout, code movement approval etc.
- Work with production support team to resolve the production issues in a short timeline.
- Review and Analyze the US (User Story) & UAC (User accepting Criteria) to write the test script.
- Review and Perform system, Smoke, regression, Front & Back End Validation and UAT manual test script.
- Write SQL queries to validate the data.
- Perform issue/observation analysis during test execution, track the defects through QC/HP ALM/TFS(MTM) and provide the updates to project team and ITPM.
- Automated the process of software deployment to initial base line testing using MTM (Microsoft Test Manager)
- Coordinated implementation of Team Foundation Server for Agile template for QA department
- Use HP Quality Center (QC)/ HP ALM to track the test execution status and create the status reports.
- Set up the QA, SRT, UAT environment, using Selenium and HP ALM/ Quality Center(QC) to perform the QA, SRT, UAT testing.
- Assigned pass or fail status and managed UAT testing results after testing in SRT environment.
- Executed automated Selenium scripts and reproduced failures manually
- Implement structured testing processes and procedures which will improve defect detection and execution.
- Communicate with the Business, Development and the Testing Team to ensure overall efficiency.
- Perform knowledge management including maintaining and sharing the domain/project knowledge, train other test specialist.
- Involved in the projects with heavy Agile (Scrum) methodology.
Environment: NCS, CS, SERENA AGILE PLANNER, E-LOG, CITRIX XEN APP, Word, Excel, QC/HP ALM, ORACLE 10G, .NET, XML, JAVA, C#, Web Based, Mobile App, JIRA, Quality Center, HP Quick Test Professional, Selenium, VB Script, MS share Point, GUI, SRT, UAT, AGILE(Scrum)
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Managed day-to-day work, timelines, and issues for QA team consisting of onshore & offshore resources with direct supervisory responsibility for 6 QA resources.
- Conducted user acceptance testing to ensure that developed systems satisfied the needs of business clients as specified in the functional requirements.
- Identify scope systems that will be modified by the ICD-10 project to accommodate ICD-10 code and /or downstream impacts steaming from ICD-10 codes.
- Help in preparing the ICD-10 context diagram.
- Elicit requirement to be able to generate the tools and info needed to process the ICD-10 information by 2013 (Claims Processing, Training etc.)
- Mapping of ICD-10 codes to procedure and diagnostic codes in Meditech 6.0.
- Reviewing all codes and appropriately applying them.
- Conduct meeting with the stakeholders and assess their accurate involvement with ICD-10.
- Develop and coordinate implementation timelines with Trading Partners including readiness assessment and coordinated testing.
- Identify processes and systems to enable to trade files with non ICD-10 complaint trading partner.
- Project management of multiple projects related to manual, automated and performance testing.
- Communicated status, issues, risks, release schedules to executive management.
- Coordinated across stake holders(Dev team and/or Business team) to prioritize defects and get them fixed
- Send out bi-weekly report status of the Project and also sent QA defect report to entire team
- Facilitated implementation of processes to improve output quality of Testing
- Mentored the testing team and guided them to follow standards and procedures followed in the QA team.
- Designed, developed and implemented user acceptance testing protocols as the final phase of applications development.
- Designed, developed and implemented user acceptance testing cases and plans.
- Involved in the design reviews and requirement reviews with the key stakeholders of the project
- Created Test Plan and Test Scenario's, based on which off shore QA resources write test cases and start test cases execution once testing life cycle starts.
- Closely worked with product managers, developers, and support teams to build software from initial requirements through deployment and maintenance
- Developed and maintained a repository of regression test cases
- Planned and prioritized test efforts and resolution of defects based on trade-off between severity of defect and change impact to committed release and delivery dates.
- Developed regression test scripts to automate process of testing in QTP.
- Created hands-on VB code to build automation framework for regression testing.
- Worked extensively in HP ALM, QTP, Clear Quest, MS SharePoint, Oracle, and SQL Server and also used Toad for Oracle and SQL Server and Agile process.
Environment: Windows XP, UNIX, Oracle, XML, VBA, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPivot, Power Viewer QTP, HP ALM,Jira,.NET,JAVA, ICD 10, Meditch6.0, UAT.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Sr. UAT Tester
- Analyzed user/business requirements and developed User Acceptance Test (UAT) Plan and Test cases.
- Understanding of technical documents.
- Performed manual, GUI, ad-hoc, functional, Regression, Integration, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on the web-based application.
- Upload test cases into ALM & Used ALM to executed scripts and Re-Testing.
- Used ALM to enter Defects and map them to appropriate Test Cases.
- Transforming system use cases into test scenarios.
- Preparation of test cases while ensuring the good quality of the test cases.
- Mapping the requirements against desired manual test cases in Quality Centre.
- Manages the lifecycle of a defect from discovery through resolution using ALM.
- Used Quality Center for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking, managing the defects and executing the test cases.
- Involved in the preparation of traceability matrices.
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Procedures based on the test requirements
- Created UAT Test Cases manually for Functional testing based on the Functional areas and Use Case documents.
- Create Test Plan for UAT releases according to the User Stories or Use Scenarios and Functional Requirements to estimate the UAT effort needed for testing a release or production.
- Created, maintained and updated UAT test strategy, test conditions, test cases and regression testing based on business requirement.
- Involved in writing and re-writing UAT test scripts and performing Regression testing of the front end application which was under Agile Environment.
- Used Agile testing methodology for achieving deadlines in UAT testing.
- Analyzing all the different types of transactions like FCB, Embassy and MANTAS.
- Experience testing AML or banking or fraud strategies including document validation activities between each party.
- Created test cases as well as modified and reviewed test cases developed by other testers.
- Reported test results to the QA Lead participated in business requirements review sessions with the peers and business users.
- Participated in weekly meetings conducted and discussed the defects with other members of the team and developers.
- Tracked defects, which include adding defects, repairing open defects, testing a new build of the application, and analyzed defect data using ALM.
Environment: Mercury Quality Center, ALM, MS office, MS Excel, MS Word, Pivot Tables, PowerPivot, Java, Silver light, .NET, C#, Share Point, Windows, IE, Chrome, Firefox, Mobile labs, UAT, Agile/Scrum.
Confidential, Mt Laurel, NJ
QA Analyst/ UAT
- Played leadership role in creation and execution of QA and testing processes, Test Strategies, Test Plans and defect tracking and reporting system.
- Involved in E2E testing in LOANIQ and verifying the all loan related to SWAP and multi lender finance loans, Underwrite and Process of Loans, Fund the loans, validation and comparing with the frontend data with the backend data by using middle layer underwriting application with the DATA tool.
- Involved and tested original Mortgage Amount data from LoanIQ (Mortgage Amount, Mortgage Terms), Tested the data elements that should follow the calculation logic in the legacy Purchase application and stored procedures. Involved and tested to make sure the data elements for MPS will be calculated in the integration layer based on the Legacy Purchase logic.
- Developed tests (both manual and automated) from detailed test designs complying with coding guidelines and test architecture.
- Analyzed client requirements in order to create effective test plans, test cases and to ensure the client’s needs are being met.
- Communicated with developers for functionality bugs in the web and client applications.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates
- Updated, executed and maintain test scripts in Jira/QC.
- Involved writing hands on UAT test scripts and performing functional, Smoke & Regression testing of the front end application which was under Agile Environment.
- Used QTP to automate the Regression test scripts for web applications.
- Used QTP to create automation frame-work. (Data Driven & Key Driven Frame Work)
- Performed system and functional testing of the application by creating and executing the Visual Basic test scripts in QTP in UAT environment.
- Responsible for driving E2E Test scenarios efforts and in identifying test data for UAT.
- Handle the tasks of helping the organization staff in planning data sets for UAT.
- Validated Data against the backend database using complex SQL queries using SQL Developer.
- Worked closely with development to identify what test coverage was needed from each build of the application in an Agile Development Environment.
- Extensive testing in multiple environments to ensure revision control.
- Tested software applications for defects and usability in UAT environment.
- Reported errors to development team through Jira Defect tracking system.
- Analyzed application, system, and security errors. Log defects into a defect tracking database (Mercury Quality Center) in INT environment.
- Executed Load Tests, Stability Tests, Scalability Tests, Volume Tests and Regression Performance Tests using the Load runner Controller.
Environment: BMC REMEDY ITSM 7.6,MS SQL Server, Oracle, XML, Java, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPivot, Power Viewer, C#,VB Script, HP QTP, Quality Center, Jira, Share Point, Agile, UAT, Scrum .