- Motivated, results - driven software development professional with over 40 years of comprehensive experience in applications development for integrated circuit design.
- Highly knowledgeable in UNIX/LINUX software development as well as business principles and processes.
- An understanding, innovative individual who has a passion for software development and a desire to expand in that field.
- SW Applications Development
- Network Management
- Strategic Planning
- Unix/Linux csh and bash
- Web development
- Extensive Perl, Perl/TK, Tcl/TK
- Java/JavaFX development
Component Design Engineer
- Individual contributor providing CAD software design, development, and QA.
- Created central runs system. Developed an automated system of job configuration, submittal and tracking, that supports many CAD tool environments across multiple processes and leverages compute farms to provide faster throughput via parallel execution.
- Created centralized design configuration management system.
- Developed a system of scripts to provide dynamic management of design-specific parameters across many projects, which provided dynamic access, and eliminated parameter errors during CAD flow execution.
- Provided CAD flow QA. Developed and administered batch QA flows required to validate CAD design flows prior to release to internal design teams, which provided significant reduction in CAD flow execution issues with new design kit releases.
CAD Management/Engineering Consultant
- Individual contributor providing strategic/tactical planning, design and implementation of CMOS integrated circuit design flows for this world leader in the design and manufacturing of RAD-hard integrated circuits.
- Created data management environment to achieve first-pass success. Evaluated integration of ClioSoft into Mentor tools to provide robust design data management.
- Eliminated errors with standardized UNIX modules. Integrated “Modules” public domain tool, providing modular approach to project-specific UNIX environment setup. Developed hierarchical environment setup system, separating licensing, tools and projects. The system simplified usage, saving setup development time, and consistent usage models across multiple sites.
- Developed a controlled/consistent design kit environment. Developed spreadsheet-based design kit creation flow, and restructured design kit system, which provided faster integration of new processes and derivatives of existing systems.
- Ensured maximum performance and robust design. Developed repeatable extraction flow, and created methodology for development of extraction setup files, which increased the effectiveness of the layout verification flow.
Senior CAD Engineer
- Individual contributor providing development of CAD flows required to facilitate rapid transition of information processing and design files/systems for this leading edge engineering/mixed-signal design firm.
- Converted IC designs/schematics to meet critical deadline. Adapted software/design collateral libraries to translate large design schematic sets from one semiconductor process to another, resulting in an on-schedule tapeout to the new process.
- Developed process-specific design data translation applications. Developed applications to handle special device constructs in design netlists targeted for layout versus schematic comparisons, resulting in more accurate layout verification results.
- Developed vendor-to-vendor translation system. Developed schematic translation scripts to Cadence from another vendor, which enabled design transfer to local design team.
CAD Manager/Staff CAD Engineer
- Manager and individual contributor supporting design efforts using internal CAD flows for cellular applications processors, and analog front-end blocks for this semiconductor chip manufacturer.
- Researched new analog design optimization software. Led evaluation effort with vendors and Intel, determining most usable software tool for analog design optimization, resulting in recommendation for purchase. As results of efforts selected to co-chair committee tasked with DAC software evaluation for analog/mixed-signal design.
- Managed transition from Ford infrastructure to Intel after acquisition. Led CAD team in effort to replace Ford Microelectronics network with Intel networking infrastructure in 1 week.