- Twenty years of IT Management experience playing management roles in Software Development, Quality Assurance and QM CoE, Project/Program Management, Vendor Management managing multiple global teams (onsite and off - shore) and deliver software products and services developed in-house and 3 rd party vendor product integrations (Jive, BMC, ServiceNow, Microsoft, CA, Parasoft, Oracle, SAP, Middleware and VMware) using Agile/Scrum/DevOps/BDD/TDD with SOA and MSA methodologies.Extensive people management of leading a large size of team of 10 - 50 QA resources, distributed at multiple location across onshore, nearshore and offshore. Deep insight and understanding of IT vendor side of operation. Comfortable in dealing with conflicts, ambiguity and driving negotiations to successful conclusions.
- Has strong executive management skills with ASQ, Lean Six Sigma, CMMI, ITIL and ISO and IEEE implementation standards with a successful track record of working with Software Development, IT Strategy & Planning, Portfolio/Program Management (PMO), Business and Customer Service
- Software Development, Quality Assurance and QM CoE, Project/Program Management, Practice Management, Leadership, Consulting, Process Improvement, Change Control Management, Vendors Management & Relationship
- Ensure the Organization Structure, Resource Availability & Skills match Right Roles
- Review and Standardize Processes for maximum productivity/effectiveness & document the same
- Direct, Prioritize & Coach teams to create a pro-active cohesive & effective team culture
- Communication, Vision & Planning to ensure people know where we are going
- Goals, Measurement & Honest Feedback to help people know what is expected of them & by providing them honest feedback to grow, develop or move on
- Build trust and strong relationships within and across teams, with Clients & Mgmt.
- Managed Enterprise wide Testing resource pool of 20 onsite and 50 off-shore, near shore and Kelly resources at McGraw-Hill Education partnering with TCS, Wipro and Cognizant vendors and returned 25% savings to MGH consolidating all QA teams strategically
- Experience in program management of multiple projects, delivery planning & estimation with ability to anticipate, manage and resolve risks and issues
- Acted as a liaison between QA Leads, Dev/Tech Leads, Project Managers, Product Owners, Business Analysts/Partners/Users, and other project stakeholders
- Profitable P&L Experience, Business Continuity & Development, Cost Controls with excellent business acumen
- Ability to understand high-level architecture and be able to facilitate technical decisions for appropriate testing solutions.
- Proven presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills with exceptional analytical and communication at both executive and functional levels
- Business Operations on web and mobile products covering Functional & Integration Testing, Automation & Performance Testing, Test Data & Test Environment Management, Usability Testing, Compatibility, Interface, ORT/UAT, and Security Testing with excellent Analytical and Communication skills
- Technical background in Open Source, DevOps, Cloud implementations, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and automated deployment, Crowd sourcing and Open source community-driven test automation frameworks (Selenium & Appium) for web and native mobile applications including Perfecto.
- Expertise in API testing, Web services, ETL Testing, KPI Driven Metrics, Data Driven Testing, Keyword Driven or Table Driven, SAP, Oracle ERP, Microsoft Dynamics, User Virtualization, Network Virtualization, Data Virtualization and VMware test environment virtualization methodologies, Responsive web Testing (RWD) - Visual Testing, Client Side Performance Testing, and Mobile Testing (Perfecto).
LANGUAGES: COBOL, JCL, C, CICS, SAS, Java, C, C++, C#. Net, VB.Net, VB Script, TSL, HTML, XML, SQL, Visual Studio 2005 - 2008, .Net Framework 2.0, SAP HR and Security, sharepoint, SAP HR, adobe aem, adobe creative suite, adobe cloudconnect, cloud technologies
DATABASES: DB2, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, MS-AccessOPERATING SYSTEMS: MVS, Unix, Windows 98/ME/NT4.0/2000/XP/7/8, MS DOS, UNIX, Mac OS 8 .6/9.x/10.x and Linux
Tools: & frameworks: QTP, Jira, QC, ALM qc, toad, eggplant, Clear Quest, soasta cloudtest, touchtest, seetest, selenium, appium, perfecto mobile, Ruby, Cucumber, Jenkins
EDUCATION: MBA in Management (GGU), BS - Engineering (Gold-Medalist)
Specialties: Quality Management Systems, People Management, Project Management, Business Operations, Delivery Management, Customer Management, SDLC (Agile, DevOps, BDD), Business Process Improvements, Release Management, Vendor Management.
Confidential,Lake Mary, FL
Leader, Quality AssuranceResponsibilities:
- Built a globally distributed team of QA professionals for Functional, Automation and Performance testing of front-end, back-end and customer facing Confidential software
- Designs and develops overall Test Strategy and Plan that, when executed, will effectively identify defects as early in the development cycle as possible
- Tracks key testing metrics and ensures regular and consistent communication of progress towards overall testing goals to IT core team and business stakeholders
- Strategic leader driving quality improvements in delivery, reducing production defect rate by 20% pioneering shift-left mentality across delivery
- Established and documented company QA procedures to maintain all QA artifacts
- Established the ability to capture and report on quality metrics for the purpose of updating stakeholders as well as identifying trends to work with developers to improve product quality
- Increased internal defect find rate and reduced production defect rate for all products under my supervision
- Implemented load testing and web service testing into the regression cycles
- Standardized status reports to provide stakeholders a high level view of progress, quality and risks
- Expertise in budgeting, cost estimation and scheduling of QA projects and implemented automated tracking mechanism of accurate metrics and reporting on QA dashboard
- Hands-on experience using PC Platforms, Client-Server, Web, SAP & Mainframes and operating systems, network protocols and communications
- Working knowledge of E-Commerce Platform with a good understanding of Java development processes and techniques
- Technologies used: SQL, Oracle9i, Java 2.0, J2EE, ASP.NET, SAP, SalesForce, Web services, Agile Manager, BluePrint, AEM, Perfecto, Selenium, JIRA, SharePoint, XML, Angular JS, JMeter, Appium, and C#
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Corp. Vice President, QAResponsibilities:
- Built and advanced IT organizational Quality Management (QM) capabilities, testing approaches and methodologies/processes to develop a cutting-edge QA dept.
- Helped teams (Functional, Automation and Performance Engineering) build comprehensive test strategies and cross-device/platform testing plans
- Ultimate ownership of overall product quality assurance and testing for a very large complex multiyear program ‘Strategic Correspondence’ global system integration and migration program of over $50Million (It is basically to retire legacy application and migrate to a modern application for life and annuity policy administration)
- Achieved ~ $ 1.6 M cost savings by taking number of initiatives to improve efficiency -Transformed the area of Test data management and test automation.
- Conceptualized and implemented Requirement Ambiguity Testing (RAT) and improved early defect catching by 55%, implemented Risk Based Testing (RBT) and delivered on schedule and 14% under budget and with excellent quality
- Brought game changing efficiency in application support function by applying best practices including LEAN - 28% improvement in efficiency
- Improved average product defect in warranty period from 14 to 2 (i.e Quality improvement by 86%)
- Lead vendor engagement efforts along with resource optimization, automation, test data and environment management shared services, in coordination with IT functions and external partners
- Established and managed relationships with IT and business partners collaborating across disciplines to ensure Quality Control (Testing) services meet expectations
- Oversee implementation and ongoing refinement of internal Quality Assurance policies throughout IT organization and all phases of the SDLC
- Develops and maintains QC performance metrics including trending across the organization while practicing excellent time management skills across all projects/programs
- Staffed the QA CoE and Shared Services with highly skilled and specialized resources
- Ensured vendor has testing strategy, master test plan and procedures manual in place that aligns to overall QC strategy and needs of Business and IT organization partners
- Technologies used: HP Extreme, QualityStage, ETL, Datastage, Crystal reports, QTP 9.0, Load Runner, ALM Quality Center 11.5, UNIX, Linux, Win2k, SQL, Oracle9i, Java 2.0, J2EE, ASP.NET, SAP, SalesForce, Web services, Agile Manager, BluePrint, AEM, Perfecto, Selenium, JIRA, SharePoint, and XML
SQA Manager, Technology DepartmentResponsibilities:
- Provide leadership and vision for the global QA teams involved in the delivery of feature and maintenance releases for the multiple in-house products for MGH books (K - 12 grades) and online content for K - 12 grades worth $100M to $180M every year.
- Lead, managed, and provided direction for both onsite and off-shore resources working with the teams in customizing K-12 educational assessment applications for customer implementation covering enterprise wide shared services to include software testing, infrastructure QA services and support, software deployment, Tier 3 production support.
- Served over 10 million students annually developing and designing testing solutions with scalability to ensure best-in-class performance and user experience. I lead the software testing organization, applying state-of-the-art methodologies to validate applications and ensure delivery of predictable, reliable results.
- Saved $ 2.1 to $3 Million annually through BPM (Business Process Improvement), Lean Six Sigma and TMMi methodologies
- Took the ownership and control of Testing resource pool and QA processes from PMO, prioritized, planned, and monitored the progress of QA efforts across all enterprise wide programs to deliver specific software functionality and features in accordance with the product roadmap
- Undertook special responsibility in leading OAS (Online Assessment System) implementation program worth $10M - completed the project ahead of schedule and record 36% under budget in June 2005 and achieved highest employee award “Employee of the Month” for improving the workflow and reducing the defects to zero.
- New McGraw-Hill enterprise wide Product ‘ACUITY’ with $8M budget involving large and complex systems integrations with an upgrade program - Delivered on budget and 10 days ahead of schedule with high Quality
- Provided leadership, tracking and support for summative assessment scoring and reporting processes; this includes paper scanning operations, document editing, and performance scoring.
- Identified and implemented QA best practices and tools as part of QA CoE to improve efficiency and quality of deliverables
- ISTEP, IMAST, IREAD (Indiana State Wide Assessment program $30M/Year),
- WKCE (Wisconsin Assessment program $35M/3 years)
- FCAT (Florida Assessment Program $90M/5 years)
- TCAP (Tennessee Assessment Program $20M/3 years)
- AL (Alabama Assessment Program $25M/3 years)
- GA (Georgia Assessment Program $30M/3 years)
- OK, WELPA, ND, DC, MAP, WESTEST, WV Online, OECD, PISA, SBAC 16&17, NYC PEMS,
- McGraw-Hill Products: ACUITY, OAS, Confidential .COM, ACSI
- Shelf products: LAS LINKS, TABE/GED (TASC), Terra Nova
- Technologies used: QTP 10.0, Selenium, Test Director, VersionOne, Android, IOS, API, SOAP UI, Windows NT, UNIX, Linux, Win2k, SQL, Oracle9i, Java 2.0, J2EE, ASP.NET, Mainframes, Sharepoint, XML, Web, Actuate Reports, SQL, Relational Data Models, HTML, ASP, Visual Basic, DB2 and Oracle
- MCIWORLDCOM Toll Free Billing Project offers customers, a toll free service for their callers within designated areas. This project has 4 deliverables - invoice, call detail, summary management reports and usage reports, generating invoices over $375 million per month using ICOMS and RBM systems.