Offer 13+ years of IT industry experience with focus on Quality Assurance, Business and Systems Analysis. Excellent knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), ISO-9001 & SEI-CMMI processes. Experienced in entire QA Life Cycle, which includes Designing, Developing and Execution of the entire QA Process and Documentation of Test plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts and managing user acceptance testing (UAT) by performing various types of testing e.g. Integration, System, Black Box, White Box, regression.
- Expert in Identifying, Developing and Implementing QA processes & procedures.
- Specialized in building competent teams from grass roots and successful timely delivery of enterprise level projects.
- Successfully delivered 2 year long project in 6 months in compliance with Service Level Agreement (SLA), saving company resources and extension of other businesses.
- Successfully implemented changes in QA process to reduce production defect leakage by 60%.
- Extensive experience in building, leading and co-coordinating a team in an Onsite-Offshore model.
- Proactively evaluated the risks and provided impact analysis along with alternate solutions to mitigate risks to influence go / no go decisions.
- Successful in achieving timely sign off during UAT/SAT by working closely with clients through out SDLC.
- Extensive experience in concurrently leading multiple enterprise scale projects to timely and successful completion.
- Database Tools: Oracle11g/9i/, Toad, SQL developer, Informix, Sybase, SQL and Access, SQL Server 8.0
- Tools: MS Office, ORACLE Forms4.5, RPT 2.5, Corel Draw, PageMaker, QuarkXPress, Front page Editor, Financial Accounting Tools(Quicken, Quick books). Share Point (MS), VSS, TFS, SOAP Scope, Sharepoint.
- Quality Assurance Tools: QTP, Quality Center 9.2, Test track, Team track, PVCS, Rational, Lotus Notes, Rational test suite- Clear Quest, Test Manager, RequistePro, Functional Tester
- Operating Systems: DOS, UNIX, Windows 3.1, 95, 98, ME and Windows NT, XP, Vista, Windows 7.0.
QA Test Manager January 2011 to till
- Built of new team of 10 QA analysts by reviewing resumes, interviewing and decision making in hiring.
- Setup of QA processes and procedures and implementation for the projects SQL 2008 R2 Upgrade, CMS Bypass Dunning for Medicare Advantage (MA) and Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) for Senior Citizens and Individual Plan Sales projects.
- Preparation of resource planning , Master test plans and e-signoffs.
- Application Knowledge transfer from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Business Managers for the preparation of Test cases and Scenarios.
- Provided project timelines, level of efforts, detailed status reports, risk assessments and gap analysis to all project stakeholders
- Model certification e-signoffs for approved test cases and scenarios for execution
- Defect Management and resolution
- Participation in Project stakeholder meetings and also team lead meetings for issue resolutions and upgrading the knowledge base with innovative discussions on new testing methodologies, procedures and lean management procedures.
Test Manager September 2007 to December 2010
- Building of new team of 15 -25 consultants by reviewing resumes, interviewing and decision making in hiring.
- Ensured security clearance, access and account creation for required tools, databases and environments for new QA team.
- Setup of QA processes and procedures and implemented them.
- Training of new team on the QA tools, processes and existing application architecture.
- Day to day task management by conducting daily stand up meetings.
- Managed creation and upkeep of complete test case suite for the project in Test manager.
- Authored Master SIT Plan, Performance test plan and IST plan.
- Conducted formal test plan walk through with FSA and internal project stakeholders.
- Defect management
- Supported daily nightly web deployments to Dev and QA environments.
- Managed overtime for team of 20+ that included QA team, Business Analysts and Business Operation team.
- Provided project timelines, level of efforts, detailed status reports, risk assessments and gap analysis to all project stakeholders.
- Participated in bug review meetings to explain and prioritize issues with PMO, Development and Product Managers.
- Provided test strategies and managed different aspects of testing e.g. Functional, Smoke, Load, Regression, Performance, Integration, 508 Compliance, Web Service, ETL and workflow testing.
- Managed all phases of testing from requirement to implementation e.g. SIT, SAT and IST.
- Created RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix) for FSA to map 2000+ business rules to the test scripts.
- Managed MMRs (Monthly Maintenance Releases) as well as CCRs(Code Change requests) for legacy products.
Environment: Rational Tools -Clear Quest, Clear Case, Test Manager& Functional tester, JAWS (508 Compliance), Java, Java Script, Spring, Struts 2.0, Hibernate, JPA, Spring Security, Axis(Web Service), Pervasive( ETLs), SQL Server 8.0, Titanium (COTS), Agile methodology
QA Test Lead June 2005 to September 2007
- Building of new team of 5 -7 consultants by reviewing resumes, interviewing and decision making in hiring.
- Actively working with QA Director to determine budget for the QA Team.
- Training of the new team on existing applications, tools and QA processes identified for the project.
- Played an integral part in the proposal writing, requirement review process, use case identification and use case creation.
- Authored and presented master test plan to all project stake holders.
- Developed entire test suite, which included test Strategy, test plans, test scenarios and test cases for Functional, UI and Backend testing of more complex modules of the proposal generation application.
- Responsible for setting up Prop Gen workflow structure in Quality Center.
- Lead all test case writing and execution tasks, which also included delegating appropriate tasks to team members, based on individual expertise and experience.
- Provided project timelines, level of efforts, detailed status reports and risk assessments to all project stakeholders.
- Participated in bug review meetings to explain and prioritize issues with PMOs, Development and Product Managers.
- Tested Portfolio Construction Module of the application which involved testing of complex calculations and business rules.
- Review of release notes for each build.
- Coordination of smoke test with QA and Dev teams.
- Compiling and reporting deployment issues thru Test Track,
- QA certification and acceptance of each build and overall certification of entire application upon code freeze.
Environment:, Team track, Test Track, ASP .NET, C#, Java Script, XSL, XML, XSLT, Oracle11g, SQL developer, VSS, IIS, Tomcat
Quality Assurance Lead Jan 2004 to May 2005
- Lead testing many new feature enhancements along with supporting of several clients in maintenance. Along with the regular testing efforts following are some of the many projects I was involved in.
- Documented business rules for Asset Allocation & Financial Planning Views of the Book Management Module, which helps Financial Advisors manage and organize book of business to increase their assets under management and commissions/fees earned.
- Performed reverse engineering to identify backend logic for the population of data in pre-computed tables for various possible scenarios.
- Tested UI and backend data points for AA, FP View, Commission data and Rep Code Entitlements.
- Performed API Testing for American Fund Distributors to test interface capable of receiving the hypothetical, rolling period parameters and graph type from AFD’s Hypo Order Entry system.
- Used web forms for test harness and later SOAP Scope tool for API testing.
- Wrote use cases for PRINT VENDOR project.
- Tested BULK load of performance reports of separately managed accounts for different available schedules.
- Functional test lead for the Portfolio Management, Asset Allocation, Financial Planning, Fixed Income Reports, CRR Reports, Performance Reports, MVO and CMA Growth Rates.
- Tested third party tools such as simulation engine, CALC engine, Portia Perform, FinanceWare MVO Engine.
- Performed web service testing for Robert Baird & Co., which included Updating User Demographics, Entitlements, Disclosures for Symbols and Separate Accounts Data.
- Created XML data files to test various scenarios such as Add, Delete, Update, Insert and Commit actions passed thru web services.
- Verified the results of these actions via web forms and compared them with backend tables.
Sr. QA Engineer Jan 1998 to Dec 2003
- Participated in Business, Functional and Technical review meetings.
- Developed Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Involved in creation of test data.
- Performed traceability matrix to map the test cases to the requirements.
- Performed Functional Testing based on requirement specification.
- Performed System, Regression, Smoke Testing
- Reporting Defects and tracking the defects using Test Director.
- Coordinated with development team for issues and resolution of defects.
- Configuring the Test Environment and Installation of application on the QA Servers.
- Performed back-end testing by writing SQL queries
- Prepared weekly status reports.
Master of Technology in Chemical Engineering