- Senior QA Analyst with 8+years of experienceinvolved in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC). Expertise in developing Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Automation test scripts using Selenium, TestNG with emphasis on GUI Testing, API Testing, Black Box Testing, Backend Testing of Client Server and Web applications extensively inHealth care, Finance and Retail domains.
- Experienced in implementing different Test Automation development efforts in Agile and Waterfall development environments.
- Expertise in Software Testing (Manual and Automation) with very good understanding of Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution and Defect Management (Reporting and Tracking).
- Proficient in Identifying positive & negative test Scenarios from Automation Perspective.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming Java concepts: Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation.
- Skilled in Automation tools such asSelenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE.
- Extensivelyused Maven as a build management tool to get dependencies plugin and for uniform build system.
- Executed web services testing using SoapUI and POSTMAN tool for SOAP and REST Web services.
- Worked collaboratively with On - Site and Off-Shore resources to ensure entire application is tested, Reported and Tracked Defects.
- Experience in scheduling and running Automation jobs in Jenkins.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, features and Step Definitions in Gherkin format for BDD (Behavior Driven Development).
- Proficient in using Quality Center, RALLY, JIRA, HP ALM.
- Worked closely with Developers, Business Analysts and Customer care team members to understand and fix production defects.
- Strong abilities to work in pressure environments, effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Actively Participated in Defect Triage Meetings and Root Cause Analysis(RCA).
- End-to-End system development lifecycle experience, including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes.
- Proiciency in Smoke Testing, GUI Testing, Functionality Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Excellent knowledge of MYSQL. Capable of writing SQL queries for back-end testing.
- Experienced in Functional and Regression testing utilizing manual testing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, strong analytical & logical abilities in Business Analysis and Technical documentation.
- Skilled in creating Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements.
- Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile driver class with the required mobile capabilities.
Project Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, SDLC, STLC.
Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Soap UI, Postman, JIRA, RALLY, Jenkins, Jmeter.
Programming Languages: Java, SQL, Gherkin(BDD).
Database Platforms: MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
Framework: TestNG, Page Object Model, Cucumber.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux.
Tools: Maven, Jenkins, GIT.
MS Office Tools: Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access.
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ.
Other tools: Quality Center, JIRA, RALLY, HP ALM, Chro path.
Confidential, Springfield, IL
Senior QA Analyst
- Analyzed the Business Requirements and closely work with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed.
- Developed automated tests using Java (Selenium WebDriver) in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing (Jenkins) and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG, and Maven.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, Cucumber and Maven.
- Regression Test using Jenkins and TestNG to verify whether modifications made in the application have not caused unintended adverse side effects.
- Developed BDD scripts with Cucumber and wrote step definitions for Gherkin based features.
- Developed Gherkin Test Scripts to assist Automation Engineers in developing the automation suite .
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQLqueries to verify the database.
- Involved in daily standup meetings and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole and coordinating with the offshore team on the current status.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven Page object model (POM).
- Executed System Test Cases/Scenarios in different environments and make sure that user stories are working as expected.
- Performed CrossBrowser testingand multiple environment testing using Java, TestNG, multiple browsers and multiple environments.
- Tested WebServices using Soap UI.
- Conducted load tests for web based application with Jmeter.
- Involved in preparation of test plan for every product created, updated stories and tasks in JIRA.
- Used SQL queries in SQL Server to validate and query the functionality.
Environment: Java, HTML, CSS, XPath, Windows, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Gherkin, Jmeter, SQL Server, SoapUI, JIRA.
Confidential, Springfield, IL
QA Automation EngineerResponsibilities:
- Analyzed business requirement documents and functional requirement documents and was involved in all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to analyze web based application, design, develop and maintain test automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Core JAVA in Eclipse IDE.
- Conducted bi-weekly meetings with the project and team members to update the testing progress and to escalate any issues.
- Performed Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, Smoke Testing, and End-to-End Testing .
- Responsible for Backend REST API Testing using Postman .
- Conducted UAT and worked closely with business users to obtain system acceptance.
- Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in prioritizing the defect list and validating known bug fixes.
- Involved in developing the automation script for Web and Mobile Native applications using Appium, Java.
- Tested REST Web services and validated RESTful response.
- Performed Load Testing with Jmeter .
- Handled multiple iframes and framesets to switch between/navigate through frames and performed necessary actions on the web elements.
- Produced test plans, executing and evaluating test cases, and developing automated regression test suites using Selenium WebDriver .
- Created testing data needed to execute manual and automated test cases using Data Driven Frameworks.
- Prepared the Test Results document which summarizes testing activities and results.
- Performed Regression testing, Positive and Negative testing.
- Verified the data in database through SQL statements and executed stored procedures and triggers.
- Tested Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using TestNG and Maven on Selenium grid.
- Conducted GUI validations on menu bars, toolbars, textboxes, radio buttons, checkboxes, drop down lists, combo boxes, list boxes using Selenium
Environment: Maven, POSTMAN, Rally, Java, XPath, Windows, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jmeter, Java, HTML, CSS, SQL Server.
Confidential, Huston, TX
- Implemented Agile methodology and was involved in STLC to provide high quality software model.
- Developed test cases for each sprint which was suitable for automation testing and reported the test execution status.
- Determined the quality of the software product based on the test execution status.
- Involved in creating and executing the selenium test scripts and analyze the test results.
- Generated user-interface reports by using TestNG.
- Used Maven to handle dependencies and as a build tool.
- Integrated Automation scripts using Jenkins for continous integration and ran nightly batch of the script and deployed the code stored in Git in QA environment.
- Worked closly along with development team in software development and test troubleshoot, resolved bugs.
- Co-ordinated with the developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Performed Back end testing by executing SQL quries to fetch data from oracle database to validate UI.
- Developed feature file in Cucumber and developed BDD Tests using Cucumber.
- Performed cross and parallel browser compatibility testing, to ensure the UI and functional behavior of website across different versions of IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari is same.
- Involved in mobile App testing using cloud based testing on actual handsets using Perfecto Mobile.
Environment: Agile, Java, Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Jenkins, Cucumber, Oracle DB, JIRA, Perfecto mobile.
QA Automation TesterResponsibilities:
- Responsible for working within a team to create document and execute Test Plan, Test Cases, and test scripts in support of a set of global tools, systems and databases.
- Involved in test approach & test case walkthrough, review with peers and test leads. The Work group consist of business system analysts, developers and architects.
- Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
- Designed Data Driven Framework to extract the data from excel sheets using Apache POI and to drive the data into the test cases
- Deployed jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Integrated Automation scripts on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the script.
- Developed Manual Tests by analyzing product use cases, and requirements as well as technical design and implementation artifacts to create test cases that execute the specific product functions.
- Designed and executed the automation test scripts using Selenium.
- Reviewing and analyzing the existing test scripts.
- Contributed in developing Hybrid Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium WebDriver and JUnit.
- Utilized Firebug to identify CSS, XPaths, Link Texts in the application.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ID’s and XPath in Selenium.
- Used test scripts in SoapUI and Restful for Testing Web Services.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application using Selenium.
- Successfully wrote SQL queries to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each module.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Windows, Firebug, FirePath, Agile, Java, XML, XPATH, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Cucumber, SOAPUI.
- Supported activities around the implementation of new systems and system enhancements. user set-up, communication, coordination with third parties and other IT groups. Coordinated, prioritized, and tracked test activities and tasks for each project.
- Performed Manual testing thought the application, involved Waterfall methodology.
- Managed overall full life cycle (SDLC and STLC) testing during each of the releases, and implemented quality product successfully.
- Manual testing involved writing Test Strategy, Test plans, Test cases. Developed and executed test plans and test cases based on business requirements.
- Created Change Request (CR) for bugs in the application and helped developers to fully understand the problem and resolve the user requirement and/or issue reported.
- Raised potential issues to the appropriate parties and interacted with all levels of resources for resolving issues.
- Prepared and provided presentations of project activities - project /resource plans, issue tracking/resolution, scope change management, and project management.
- Pre-run the builds and data fix in QA environments, and verified the successful run, before sending to UAT/Production environment.
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix(RTM) to obtain complete test coverage and to keep track of all the requirements.
- Performed Black Box Testing, Functional Testing, Integrate Testing, Sanity Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing.
- Created and Executed SQL queries to check proper data population in application tables.
- Developed comprehensive testing methodologies to help ensure our products meet the highest of standards.
- Experience with issue tracking software such as QC and for continuous integration used Jenkins.
- Performed web service testing using SAOP UI.
Environment: Windows XP, Waterfall, SQL, QC, Jenkins, JAVA, Manual testing, SOAP UI, SDLC, STLC.