- Around 8 years of experience in IT, specialized in Performance Testing of client server and web and mobile applications.
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance techniques, software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient in creation of the Test Scripts and Test Scenario’s using HP Load Runner, Jmeter.
- Exposure to various LoadRunner functions used by VUser generator for scripting.
- Extensively used Performance & automation - testing tools such asHP LoadRunner 9.5/11.52/ 12.02/12.53 .
- Have strong experience in working on Web (HTTP/HTML), Web services, Ajax Web Click and script protocols in Load Runner.
- Have strong experience in gathering performance and NFR test requirements by interacting with Business Analysts and Project teams
- Establish Non-Functional and Automation test approaches based on the System Design documents, Business requirements and SLA.
- Have strong experience in preparing Performance test plan, developing Performance test strategies, test cases and test scripts based on the requirements.
- Have good experience working with offshore and also have the ability to work independently
- Have strong experience in Scheduling, coordinating, and managing successful completion of performance testing of all releases.
- Have good experience in preparing the Business Volume based on the production metrics provided by Business Analysts/Development teams
- Have strong experience in preparing performance test scenarios in Performance Center/ALM based on the Business Volume
- Have strong experience in conducting Baseline testing, Endurance testing, Load testing and Stress testing on the different applications as per the client requirements using HP Load Runner.
- Have strong experience in working on monitoring tools like HP Diagnostics, Wily Introscope, Splunk &Team Quest to identify the performance bottlenecks and issues.
- Extensive experience in ETL/ Data warehouse backend testing and BI Intelligence reports testing.
- Have good experience in concepts of JVM, Heap Utilization, and Web Server Settings and also in tuning.
- Have experience working profiling tools like Wily & HP Diagnostics Tools to capture the Level 1 test results.
- Have experience working with service virtualization, stubs and mock services to conduct end-to-end testing.
- Intermediate working knowledge on back-end testing using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Good experience in conducting script and load test design reviews
- Strong working knowledge in usage of Unix/Linux commands and ability to write shell scripts.
- Have Good experience with Microsoft Windows and UNIX environments.
- Have strong experience in testing client server applications, large distributed Enterprise wide customer facing web applications.
- Expertise in Problem solving & defect Tracking Reports using Defect Tracking Tools (Quality Center)
- Have strong experience in preparing test summary reports and communicating the performance metrics and issues to the concerned stake holders
- Capable to work independently in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment. Self-motivated and a team player with continuous interest in learning.
Testing Tools: HP Load Runner 9.5/11.5/12.02 , HP Performance center 9.5/11.5/12.02 , Quality Center, QTP
Data Base: Oracle, My SQl, DB2
Scripting Languages: HTML, XML, Java Script, C
Operating Systems: Windows NT, 2000,XP, VISTA, Windows7, Linux, Unix
Web and Application Servers: IIS, Web Sphere application server, Web Logic, Apache
Monitoring Tools: Wily Introscope, HP Diagnostics, Perfmon, NMon, Site Scope, Dynatrace
Internet Technologies: JavaEE, Java Script, HTML, DHTML, XML, CSS, Json, Rest API, Soap API
Confidential - PITTSBURG, PA
Sr Performance Tester
- Participated in all phases of planning, such as defining requirements, defining the types of tests to be performed, and scenario creation.
- Participated in meetings with company executives such as business analysts, developers, managers, supervisors, and executive officers in order to understand the product and the testing phases more thoroughly.
- Performance Testing Web Applications, Siebel Web Applications, Web (HTTP/HTML), Ajax Truclient, Web services, Windows socket using HP Load Runner 12.
- Worked on different protocols like Web (HTTP/HTML), Ajax Truculent, Web services, Windows socket
- Developed Vugen Scripts for load testing with 800 vusers to find bottlenecks in the server and deadlocks in the database
- Generated scripts in Virtual User Generator, which included Parameterization of the required values.
- Generated, validated, and tested reports produced by the product quality testing division that was reviewed by the business team.
- Configured and used Perfmon Performance Monitor to monitor and analyse the performance of the servers by generating various reports from CPU utilization, Memory Usage to load average.
- Executed Load, Stress and Endurance Testing to simulate a process, which allowed using more than 800 virtual users.
- Analysed scalability, throughput and load testing metrics against test servers.
- Debugged the issues occurred during the load test like - Load balancer issue, where the load was not evenly distributed among the servers
- Analysed test results and prepare detailed Performance Test Reports including the recommendations for process improvement.
- Executed regression cycles of the test cases in order to ensure the product quality and performance after each sprint of the code changes.
- Performed Bug Tracking and figured out defects and managed them in HP Quality Center.
- Extensively operated HP Performance Center in order to meet tight project deadlines remotely by coordinating among the team members.
- Worked with offshore team and coordinated with them and also reviewed their work before uploading in Test Management Tool - HP ALM.
- Summarized the test results for complete Performance Test Report.
Environment: Load Runner 12, Quality Center, HP Performance Center, Transaction Viewer, CA Wily Introscope, Dynatrace, MI Application Servers, Web Servers, Web Logic, MYSQL, Toad, Message Queue Servers, F5 Node, HTML, XML, .Net Application, Visual Studio.
Confidential, DENVER, CO
Sr Performance Tester
- Gathered business requirements, collecting the information about Service Level Agreement from Business Analyst and developers.
- Responsible for performance testing using Performance Center and HP LoadRunner.
- Developed VUsers Scripts in Web, Web Services protocols.
- Performance testing of client-server, web services, web-based applications, and Mobile applications.
- Designed varieties of Scenarios for Baseline, Benchmark, Load, Regression, Stress, Steady state and Endurance Testing.
- Parameterized large and complex data to achieve complex test to achieve accurate performance and execute test in a Performance Test environment.
- Validated the scripts to make sure they have been executed correctly and meets the scenario description.
- Used HPALM-Performance Center 12.53, standalone Controllers to create scenarios and run load tests.
- Analyzed results using LoadRunner Analysis tool based on Transaction per Second, Average Response times and resource usage to meet the SLA (Service Level Agreements)
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize meaningful and relevant results in a complete Performance Test report.
- Develop and implement Load and Stress tests with LoadRunner and present performance statistics to application teams, and provide recommendations on the issues that impact performance.
- Monitor and administrate hardware capability to ensure the necessary resources are available for all the tests.
- Performed online monitoring of Disk, CPU, Memory and Network usage while running the load test.
- Perform in depth analysis to isolate points of failure in the application.
- Monitor and administer hardware capability to ensure the necessary resources are available for all tests.
- Involved in creating Dynatrace& App Dynamics dashboard and reports using built-in and/or custom measures to present testing and analysis results effectively
- Analyzing performance critical transactions using tagged web requests, Pure paths and Stack Trace of the Transactions to trace bottlenecks
- Analyze Heap behavior, throughputs and pauses in Garbage collections as well as tracking down memory leaks.
- Responsible for Setting up user profiles, configuring and adding application servers on Dynatrace tool
- Involved the executed scenarios using Controller and analyzed the results using LoadRunner Analyzer
- Analyzed the LoadRunner reports to calculate Response time and Transactions per Second.
- Developed Web (HTTP/HTML) &Truclient scripts using HP Loadrunner 12.0 & 12.5
- Investigate and troubleshoot performance problems in a Performance Test and production Environment.
- Responsible for analyzing application and components behavior and optimizing server configurations.
- Maintained defect status and reported testing status weekly and monthly using defect tracking tools.
- Interacted with developers during testing for identifying and fixing bugs for optimizing server settings at web, app and database levels.
Environment: Performance Center, HP LoadRunner- 12.02/12.53 , JMeter - 2.10, MS SQL, IIS, Quality Center, Wily Interscope, DynaTrace6.1, Web Services, Web applications.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Responsible for Test Design (Test case/ Test Data generation), Defect tracking, Reporting and Reviews of Test Execution.
- Managed multiple stakeholders in Onsite-Offshore setup, Involved in all Performance engineering activities
- Actively participated in the creation of Performance Test artifacts including test strategy and test plans, entry and exit criteria, test execution reports, defect/issues reports, action/item reports, and project plans.
- Analyzed requirements and product specifications to determine the test objectives and the appropriate level and type of testing needed, Executed automatic test scripts for Performance and Load Testing using HP LoadRunner 11.52 /12.0, HP ALM-Performance Center 11.0/11.52, and JMeter 2.8/2.9
- Participated in requirements and design reviews to identify test scenarios/cases to be executed for Performance and Load Testing.
- Designed the Performance test Environment for accurate projection by capturing the details of Production Environment.
- Used Load Runner Protocol Java VUsers, web Services and Web HTTP/HTML Protocols for Service oriented Architecture, Web Services, API’s, and TIBCO Environments.
- Depending on the production volumes captured from the Business, Designed the Load tests, Performance, Stress tests, Volume and Long-Duration/Soak Test Scenarios
- Extensively used JMeter for Performance testing SOA, Web services and API’s.
- Analyzed applications test Results and Environment behavior under high Loads and optimized server configurations.
- Analyzed CPU Utilization, Memory usage, thread usage, Garbage collection, and DB connection to verify the performance of the Application.
- Analyzed the network connections and logs to troubleshoot any network issues.
- Used monitoring tool such as Wily, Dynatrace, HP Performance Center 12, HP diagnostics,
- Generated performance graphs using tools like Splunk and Foglight etc.
- Used LoadRunner Analysis to Analyze the LoadRunner Performance results.
- Ensure sufficient level of stakeholders’ participation in all phases of the Performance Testing life cycle.
- Ensured appropriate stakeholders’ signoff is obtained where required on test artifacts and exceptions.
Environment: LoadRunner 11.5/12.0, JMeter 2.8/2.9 HP ALM-PC 11.0/11.52, JIRA, Splunk, Foglight, J2EE, Siebel,.Net, Web Services, TIBCO, Web Services, XML, HTML, ORACLE, WAS, MS IIS Server, Web Sphere, Data Power, F5.
- Performance testing of Mainframe, Tandem, Message Queues, Application Servers and their Applications in different environments by using HP Load Runner as a performance testing tool.
- Attended the requirement gathering calls and been part of the team during the analyzing of the requirements, met with developers, project managers and client stakeholders to plan and prioritize test strategies.
- Documentation of performance requirements, understanding the application architecture to identify key transactions, design, develop performance test models for complex applications and systems.
- Developed VUser scripts for Business Middleware Services using the HTTP/HTML, Web services protocols in VU Gen.
- Developed VUser scripts for Card Processing Services Java RMI calls, Tandem scripts using Java over HTTP protocol in VU Gen.
- Developed VUser scripts for MF Terminal Emulator screens (green screens used by advisors) using RTE protocol in VU Gen.
- Request - response testing of Web Services calls using SOAP UI tool and exporting code to VU Gen, thereby enhancing the scripts for load test.
- Creation of stubs for Business Middleware applications using LISA (Dev Test Tool) for service virtualization.
- Creation of different load models for volume distribution across multi transactions like Step, Burst, Day in the Life, and Night in the Life, Peak season scenarios, execution of tests in Performance Center or Controller.
- Closely monitoring the systems response times, transactions per second, CPU utilization, MIPS usage using different monitoring tools Native Load Runner monitoring, Wily Introscope, Main view, and LHMON.
- Identifying bottlenecks and worked closely with Developers and System Engineers to pinpoint the technical problems and tuning the systems.
- Analyzing the test results by generating the Analysis using required filters and drill downs and creating templates for further tests, developing Office Macros for test reporting.
- Generation of detailed test reports, performance/capacity reports and graphical charts, communicating the information to technical audience.
Environment: HP Load Runner 12.02, HP Performance Center 12.02, Java, Soap UI 5, CA LISA, z/OS, Web logic, WebSphere, DB2, SQL, Microsoft Windows, Wily Introscope, Main view, LHMON, Collis Tool.
- Involved in requirement gathering and analysis for testing indigenous products.
- Designed, developed and executed a performance measurement plan used as the basis for assessing process capability.
- Evaluation of various automation tools in accordance with applications and organizational requirements.
- Developed custom Vuser Scripts utilizing Virtual User Generator that emulates important application Load critical transactions.
- Understanding the application functionality and automating the regression test cases.
- Creating and enhancing Test Automation Framework.
- Developing QTP scripts for different functionalities of the application for regression testing purpose and executing them.
- Verified the scalability, performance, and load balancing of the data streaming application.
- Tested performance of web application and generated automation test scripts for different scenarios.
- Extensively used correlation, parameterization techniques, goal oriented & manual scenarios and created multiple Vusers in the test scripts for testing the System.
- Parameterized actions and created files for different parameters using random, sequential, unique and correlated options in VuGen.
- Analysed system resource graphs, network monitor graphs and error graphs using NMON&PERFMON to identify transaction performance, network problems and scenario results respectively.
- Created and executed goal-oriented scenario under Virtual Users and assessed the site using Load Runner. Configured windows resource monitor to measure performance such as File Data operations/sec, Processor time and Memory page faults/sec.
- Gathered and analysed results and submitted the Performance test report and recommendation.
Environment: Windows NT, HPLoadRunner, Quality Center, Performance Center, J2ee, Oracle, SQL, QTP, MS Office, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Vision, MS Project.