- 4 years of experience in Tableau reporting/data analyst as providing best quality, designing, creative technology and business solution in areas of Software Services and data driven products.
- 8 years of production support analyst experience in IT with emphasis on analytics and testing of web based, client - server and E-Commerce applications, Slaesforce and SAP.
- Strong understanding of data lifecycle (which includes RDBMS/Data Warehouse, ETL concepts, Data Visualization concepts, Tableau Reporting)
- Strong foundation in Tableau 2019- 11.X, and 10.X using different data connections- Salesforce, Microsoft SQLserver, My SQL,Google analytic etc.
- Worked on the development ofDashboard reports for the Key Performance Indicators for the top management.
- End-to-end experience in designing and deploying data visualizations and reports using Tableau.
- Designed rich graphic visualizations with Tableau drill down/across, drop down menu & parameterization.
- Knowledgeable in hierarchies, filters, calculated fields, sets, groups, and parameters.
- Analyzed user requirements, validated available data, designed and developed on Tableau server.
- Experienced in connecting, extracting and combining data from different sources for blended views.
- Implemented best practices of data visualization & Tableau combination charts using visualization reports
- Participated in design reviews and communicated with different groups.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and professional collaboration skills. Fast learner.
- Expertise as SQL Server Developer in utilizing triggers, cursors, functions and stored procedures.
- Created Performance Dashboards, Score Cards, and Metrics, using advance charts and calculated fields
- Created complex formulae in sub reports, designed financial report templates, using graphs and charts.
- Experience in PL/SQL and SQL and performance tuning SQL queries in TOAD.
- Experienced in developing customized interactive reports and dashboards from multiple data sources.
- Self-Motivated independent analytical thinker analyst - exceled as individual contributor and team leader.
- Managed global team of 7 across US, Canada and India. Trained and mentored new team members.
BI Tools: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Cognos
Database: SQL Server, MySQL, SQL Server Developer, Oracle 12c, Oracle - SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms and Reports
Applications: Enterprise apps - Salesforce, SAP Finance, Sales Distribution
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, MS Windows 10
Testing/Tracking Tools: GUI testing, JIRA, SOAP UI, REST UI, Selenium, BugZilla, LoadRunner
Software Development Life cycle: Agile, Waterfall
Languages: SQL, Python, Java (JDK)
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Data Analyst and Production Support Analyst
- Analyzed and resolved more than 4000 customer facing production support issues annually.
- Produced effective, timely, well organized reports for finance, operations and customer support business groups, using Tableau and Power BI on Salesforce, SAP apps, using SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Expertise in Agile software development lifecycle (SCRUM), Kanban and waterfall models.
- Led production support issues triage, analytics, automated testing and report generation.
- Generated Tableau combination charts and maps manually using custom geo-coding and WMS servers.
- Excellent understanding of Software Dev Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle and Testing Methodologies including test strategy, test plan, and test case creation, test execution and bug tracking.
- Tested large-scale enterprise apps, systems, databases, and technical products and services.
- Excellent in understanding business needs and converting them into technical solutions.
- Performed migrations from development to production, upgrades, installations, and configurations.
- Worked with development teams to coordinate bug fixes and application roll outs.
- Studied workflows to identify problems and make recommendations for resolution.
- Worked with business analysts and clients to determine requirements and business user needs.
- Developed project plans and managed implementation of solutions for department and business units.
- Evaluated, diagnosed and solved complex software and hardware issues for over 300 end users.
- Carried out API and web services testing using Soap UI, & backend testing of Oracle, MySQL & MSSQL.
- Used Firebug and IE developer to look into the code for debugging and automation.
- Carried out integration testing during Confidential and Confidential merger integration and consolidation of apps.
- Managed testing with offshore teams from Confidential and companies that were bought by Confidential .
- Provided excellent, dependable, and delightful analyst services for internal and external customers.
- Improved customer service by redesigned and developing new business processes in analytics and BI.
- Communicated with business leaders, engineering, product managers, marketing, sales, and customers.
- Examples of types of interactive Tableau dashboards, stories, and worksheets, designed and created:
- Dealers Car Sold: sales by products, stores, regions; unique sellers & buyers by channel, & salesperson
Confidential, Menlo Park, CA
Customer Support Test Engineer/Software Test Engineer
- Responsible for automated and manual testing of software applications. Designed and developed test strategies, test cases and carried out web-apps functional, module, system, and regression testing.
- Used WinRunner to carry out front-end verification test & back-end database manual/automated testing.
- Designed and created reports using SQL, PL/SQL in Windows and Linux, UNIX.
- Tested applications using Mercury’s Quick Test Pro (QTP) in Windows.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Software Test Engineer
- Responsible for functional, module, system, and regression testing of web apps and non-web apps.
- Developed test plan and test strategy for manual and automated testing of web-based apps.
- Used WinRunner for front-end verification test and back-end database manual and automated testing.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Responsible for testing, operation, admin, and maintenance of software apps on both UNIX and Windows.
- Tracked bugs and generated reports for web and client and server applications.
- Executed test cases for user acceptance testing and conducted performance testing.
- Carried out Black Box, White Box, Unit, Regression, Stress, Integration, and System Testing of apps.
- Carried out functionality, and performance testing of GUI, and product provisioning apps.
- Performed complete system tests using a multitude of events and various use cases.
Confidential, Naperville, IL
- Responsible for all types of QA and testing of database apps through complete software product life cycles.
- Worked on relational Oracle and Sybase databases, used embedded SQL in C in the UNIX environment.
- Carried out data modeling, database design, created tables, created index, and put triggers.
- Carried out database normalization, query optimization. Designed and created reports, and views.
- Mapped input data into base relations. Reverse mapped to retrofit application.
- Carried out conformance, interoperability, performance, and regression testing both manual & automated.
- Created test procedures, test scripts, test cases and supported complete automation of the test process.
- Handled International help desk - resolved field and help desk inquires. Mentored new hires.