Qa/mobile Tester Resume
- 5 years of proficient experience in Quality Assurance, Manual,Automated and Mobile Testing for Client/Server, and Web based applications in E-commerce\\Retail, Portal and Manufacturing domains.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Stress Testing, Regression Testing,Load Testing, Performance Testing and User Acceptance Testing in a multi-tier environment.
- Good understanding in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), STLC, QA methodologies like Water fall model, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile Methodology.
- Expertise involvement in preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Proven experience in testing both Web based and Client server applications, in multiple browsers (IE & Firefox), using manual and automated testing tools like Quality Center, QTP, Test Director.
- Experience in writing test plans, test scenario's, detailed test cases, developing and maintaining test scripts, analyzing the results of scripts to support quality deliverables.
- Tracked bugs and created Reports using Test Management/Defect tracking tools like HP Quality Center and documented test documents using MS-Office tools - Word and Excel.
- Experienced in database testing using SQL queries to insure Data Integrity and validate business rules.
- Experienced in ETL testing, verifying flat file for correct format and copying them to Unix box.
- Experienced in testing SOA components using SOAP UI tool and ITKO Lisa.
- Expertise on working with platforms like Windows, UNIX, Solaris and Linux.
- Strong communication and analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks as well as work independently or in a team.
Automation Tools: Quality Center, QTP, JIRA
SOA Testing Tools: SOAP UI, ITKO Lisa
Programming : Java, Junit, Apache, ANT, XML
Database : SQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Unix, Linux
Automation Tools: Load Runner, Bugzilla, Maven, SVN
Office Tools : MS Word, MS Excel
Project Methodologies:Waterfall, Agile, RUP, Scrum
Web Browsers: Internet Explorer(IE), Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
Dev Environment: Java & .Net, Client/Server
EDUCATION: Master of Science, Kerala University, India.
Confidential, Aug 2012-till date
Johnson Control mainly deals with 3 businesses, Building efficiency, Automotive Experiences, and power solutions. The building efficiency which has three core units such as Labor and material (L & M), Plan Service Agreement(PSA)and Projects. Under L & M when something is broken , register the customer problems by creating SR, despatch to technician who fixes the problems and record the data via HH devices such as iphone/ipad where he uses time tracker, part tracker, mileage tracker, expense tracker, refrigerant tracker, fee tracker, and signature tracker. Based on these records the branch manager or Service manager generate invoice and verifies against the technicians work and approves the invoice and release the invoice. The big Siebel application(NexGen-CRM appln) interact with mobile application and transfer data between them based on polling interval.
- Prepare about 200 test cases with more than 15 components in excel file and uploaded in QC and executed them.
- Performed Rackspace testing, ST testing, SIT testing, Regression Testing and UAT testing.
- Used textpad to create and modify XML file and and validated and uploaded file in each environment for purchase order creation.
- Used MVQC for uploading result file in eRoom.
- Logged defects in defect tracker such as QC and tracked those defects until their closure.
- Attended daily conference meeting to report the status about defects.
- Performed device basics such as Logging on to hotspot, switching to airplane mode, close programs from Multi Task bar, Notification center, changing notification setting for TechConnect, Restarting the device, Checking for updates in RhoGallery, and deleting the application.
- Also performed Opening Tech connect, Logging into Techconnect, used Global navigation screen, Message inbox icon, Help center(logging, About, Reset application, Lock screen), Activity List view(sorting, Filtering, Color status bar, identifying urgent activities, gear icon ), Activity Detail view(Activity details, Gear icon, Quick Navigation bar, back button)
Environment: Siebel, iPad, iPhone, Quality Center, eRoom, Mobile Application
Confidential, Apr 2011-Jul 2012
Confidential, Northfield, IL
Quality Assurance Analyst
Pending tool is the agent view portal application of contracts. This tool allows the agent to view the contracts which are in different statuses like PENDING, COMPLETE, ORDERED etc. It has search functionality which allows the agents to filter contracts based on different criteria. The two parts of the application are Summary View and Detail View. Summary view shows all contracts available for given agent in multipage format. Application provides the ability to search based on different pagination criteria like number of records per page, which page want to see.
- Identified, reviewed and analyzed BRD, SRS documents by conducting requirement walkthrough meetings with end users and business analysts.
- Worked with development teams and business analysts to understand the functional specs regarding the critical business areas.
- Used Quality Center to prepare test plans, test cases and execute test cases.
- Prepared automated scripts for maintenance and regression testing using QTP.
- Create a QTP Script to test 3 often used Test Cases for varied sets of data.
- Automated test scenarios for GUI, functionality and perform data-driven testing on the application inserting different data in excel sheet using QTP.
- Performed Regression Testing by generating QTP scripts based on the business process.
- Created and maintained regression test suites within QTP.
- Checked the Data Flow to the front and back end by using SQL Queries to extract the data from database.
- Generated and published various Daily and Weekly test status reports during the test execution phase of STLC.
- Conducted and participated in the defect review meetings to identify, analyze and drive the issues towards resolutions based on the business severity.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Performed Multibrowser support testing.
- Extensively used SOAP UI to test various services in all environments-dev, test, pre-prod and production. Tested response for various users and verified agent id and auxiliary ssn. Verified availability of services like pending policy search, policy detail and email functionality after each build.
Environment:Quality Center, Java, Weblogic Portal, HTML, Oracle, SQL, SOAP UI,QTP
Confidential, Jan 2010-Mar 2011
Warranty sales are portal based application for the auto dealers to sell auto warranties to customers. Based on the car's details such as purchase date, mileage and VIN, dealers would be able to show the available warranty policies applicable for customers like Gold, Platinum or Silver. This is multipage application which collects vehicle information and shows the available plans on the first page. The user experience continues with collection of customer information and finally payment information collected at the end of page. The completion of purchase produces warranty PDF generation.
- Worked with business analysts to identify test cases.
- Participated in daily Scrum/Agile meetings to understand the development progress and refine test cases. Also helped the project team in Sprint planning.
- Worked with BA to update test cases constantly based on requirements.
- Used Quality Center to design test cases for newly added functionalities and manually execute those test cases.
- Executed test scripts to find out defects.
- Defect tracking using JIRA.
- Daily production of test reports and present in Scrum meeting.
- Performed browser compatibility testing.
- Participated in customer feedback meetings and verified the system working accordingly.
- Verified the data flow to the front end and back end by using SQL queries.
- Performed negative testing to find how the functions performed when systems encountered unexpected values.
- Responsible to conduct User Acceptance Testing and generate reports.
- Test and verify policy lookup service, customer service, PDF service for correctness and completion of integration testing using SOAP UI.
Confidential, Oct 2008-Sep 2009
This system aims at processing E-commerce orders placed over web by customers for pickup later at stores. The system comes with user interface to collect the user's orders, place them over queue. Batch jobs process the orders in a configured interval and finally delivered the grouped orders to stores.
- Reviewed and evaluated requirements and specifications for testability and completeness.
- Participated in the periodical status meetings with the project manager, developers and technical design team.
- Involved in design and development of test plans and test cases involving calculation such as county tax, state tax etc.
- Executed queries to check data manipulation by application
- Tested for browser compatibility
- Extensively used Quality Center for defect tracking.
- Responsible for Unit, Functional, Integration, System and Regression testing of application.
- Wrote and executed SQL statements to retrieve data from backend.
- Execution of test scenarios and test cases and review of product functionality.
- Executed test case to verify webservices response using ITKO Lisa. Tested Order Process service response and validated the correctness of order details.
- Performed positive and negative testing on the application.
- Worked with User Acceptance Testing Team to ensure the project satisfies all requirements as expected.
Environment: Quality Center 9, Jboss, IE, Firefox, Linux , Postgres, Remedy, ITKO Lisa
Confidential, Apr 2008 - Sep 2008
3M Saint Paul, MN
This project is to process inventory of products at 3M plants. The system is menu driven application which provides authorized access to different levels of users. It consists of modules Product Structure, Production Report and Transfer Adjustment.
- Responsible for effective interaction with other teams and customers, team coordination for productive quality deliverables to meet deadlines.
- Interacted with customers, functional and technical team on a day-to-day basis to gather the test requirements and understanding their business, business processes.
- Actively involved in SDLC, STLC, Test strategies, Methodology, Test Plan, Test Design and Testing process.
- Designed and developed test cases for manual testing of all the modules. Involved in unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, system testing. Worked on backend using SQLs.
- Gather the relevant test data necessary for the test cases based on the Business Analysis, Requirement specs, business process procedures, scenarios, transactions and test conditions.
- Responsible for defect management(defect logging, tracking and status maintenance) using Quality Center.
- Returned and executed complex SQL queries to extract and validate the data in database tables and viewed as part of backend testing.
Environment: JDK 1.4, DB2, WebSphere 5.1, Quality Center 8.2
Confidential, Jul 2007- Feb2008
Confidential, Chennai, India
The project aimed at material management in ONGC. IMMS dealt with many modules, which were all steps included in the purchasing of materials process. It consisted of various modules such as preparation of specification sheets, supply orders inspection, quality plans, receipts, issues, transfer of materials, pricing and various reports (MIS reports).
- Responsible to analyze requirements document to identify test conditions
- Developed test cases based on test conditions
- Developed test cases for various conditions like pricing, tax and discounts etc.
- Manually tested the application for functionality coverage, user interface requirements and business logic.
- Tracked bugs using Test Director
- Involved in backend testing using SQL queries to generate reports that ensures the data integrity and validate the business rules.
- Executed test cases and identified defects continuously
- Responsible to report to test lead about bugs identified and severity.
- Participated in all phases of Software Development and Test Development Life Cycle.
- Extensively performed manual testing process to ensure the quality of the software. Responsible for creating varied test data to extensively test functionality.
Environment: Oracle 7.3 /Developer 2000, HTML, Test Director
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes