Quality-driven Software Test Engineer /QA Tester with six plus years of experience of manual and automated testing in various projects and environments. Extensive experience in analysis of Software Requirement Specification (SRS), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), Software Design Documents (SDD), use cases design documents and development of software test plans, test strategy, test cases, and traceability matrix. Seeking a challenging position in the field of software quality assurance and testing.
- Experience in analyzing system requirements and designs to determine testing needs, resources and schedule.
- Expertise in design and develop test plans, test cases and test scripts from requirements, use-cases, design documents and other project documentation.
- In depth knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and software test methodologies.
- Participate in peer reviews for requirements and technical specifications
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Experience in preparing reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
- Experience in Waterfall model, V-model and Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries for data verification, data validation and data integrity.
- Experience in manual and automated testing using industry standard tool suit HP Quality Center, JIRA, Quick test Professional and LoadRunner.
- Experience in developing and maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in tracking and logging Defects with high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps.
- Experience in Section 508 Compliance Testing.
- Enjoy working collaboratively with testers, developers and other team members in testing complex projects and in the overall enhancement of software product quality.
- Ability to multi-task to accomplish workload efficiently and excellent time management skills.
- Able to adapt project plans and/or work tasks to create alignment with overall business goals.
- Strong leadership capabilities, good judgment and the ability to work effectively with a diverse team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and able to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with developers and product analysts regarding testing status.
508 Testing Tools: JAWS, WAVE
Applications: MS office, Summit/PeopleSoft, Global Funds Exchange (GFX)
Software Testing Tools: HP QuickTest Professional, JIRA, Quality Center and LoadRunner
Languages: VB, VBScript, SQL
Databases: Oracle; Microsoft SQL Server;
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows
BA in Business Administration
January 2011 -Present, Confidential,Alexandria, VA
Sr. Software Test Analyst
- Analyze various requirements documents and Use Cases to prepare detailed System Test Plan.
- Work closely with Business Analysts to define test requirements.
- Develop test case and setting up test environment and preparing test data.
- Conduct review meetings of test design, test readiness and test completion.
- Design and develop Test Scenario/Test Cases for various Business Services/methods covering both positive and negative testing requirements.
- Provide timely feedback to developers as bugs are found using JIRA.
- Communicate with Application Developers and other Team Members on Application testing status ongoing basis when necessary.
- Manually create, develop, and execute test cases and test scripts using Quality Center.
- Manually retest the application functionality after any modification or update on the application.
- Coordinate with development team for all the issues related to deployment and defect tracking.
- Gather and analyze tests logs, defects and implement final test summary reports.
- Document test results for corrective actions, reporting and audit purpose.
- Communicate with development team, business owner regarding the status and potential impacts on the delivery date and/or expected quality of the tasks and/or the projects.
- Involve in preparation of the test data required for executing test cases.
- Work with Business Analyst to define and design test cases template.
- Participate in the analysis and process design of the project by working closely with the Project Manager.
- Execute system testing and coordinate users testing and problem resolution.
- Use Quick Test Professional to automate testing to test the functionalities of the application and used the scripts for Regression Testing in multiple versions.
- Perform Data Driven Testing using QTP and created automated QTP scripts in HP Business Process environment.
- Use JAWS« and WAVE for 508 compliance testing.
- Review Section 508 compliance and develop checklist and test case for web-accessibility testing.
- Add conditional statement, loop and user define function in the script to customize the QTP scripts.
- Effectively communicated with Business Analyst, developers, program managers, and customers to ensure that software maintain the quality.
- Review the Business and functional requirement documents and identified test scenarios.
- Analyze test results and prepare test reports.
- Develop Test Summary Report.
Environment: HP Quick Test Pro, ALM, Quality Center, JIRA, JAWS«, WAVE, ASP. Net, XML, HTML, Oracle, Microsoft Office, SQL Server, UNIX
January 2008 – December 2010, Confidential,Atlanta, GA
Software Test Engineer
- Involved in preparing detailed Test plans, and Test scripts based on Requirements and Design documents.
- Manually created, developed, and executed test cases and test scripts.
- Developed requirements traceability matrices to map requirements against the test cases.
- Designed, developed and executed scripts for functionality, boundary, security, and regression testing.
- Tracked, analyzed, and documented defects using Quality Center.
- Analyzed Test Scripts to verify complete functionality, which needed to be in compliance.
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track requirements.
- Assisted business owner and system owner in writing computer validation plan and risk assessment.
- Developed test scripts in QTP to test the functionality of the application.
- Performed back end testing by verifying data in the Oracle Database; ensured that related tables were populated.
- Loaded data from back end to the server; verified data from front end.
- Executed smoke, integration, functionality, module, usability, UAT and stress testing in a web environment.
- Administered and maintained Quality Center for defect tracking.
- Coordinated closely with programmers to ensure proper implementation of tests, provide feedback, and document test results.
- Communicated defects encountered during regression testing; worked with developers until all issues resolved.
- Performed peer reviews of test cases developed by other team member.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, J2EE, C, VB.net, Windows, Oracle, UNIX, ActiveX
December 2005 – December 2007, Confidential,Seattle, WA
- Analyzed various requirements documents to prepare test cases.
- Designed Test Plans and Test Cases for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Responsible for the creation of the Test Plan, generating of various Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Used MS Project to keep track of tasks status.
- Prepared Test Status Reports during Test execution processes.
- Interacted with other teams to work through the interdependencies among applications.
- Responsible for identifying Test Scripts to be tested by UAT.
- Tested application in both Windows and UNIX environments.
- Tested web services thoroughly to validate the Data Integrity.
- Executed the test cases to perform functional, integration, regression, and system testing.
- Collaborated with developers as needed to isolate root causes of defects.
- From the front end, verified data that was loaded from the back end to the server.
- Provided back end testing for data validation using SQL.
- Used QuickTest Professional to automate testing to test the functionalities of the application, and used scripts for regression testing.
- Meet with the developers and technical content writers on a regularly update the test documents.
- Created scripts in VUGen and parameterized and correlated properly where necessary.
- Monitored the performance of the application using the Load Runner Controller.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
Environment: LoadRunner, Quality Center, QuickTest Professional, UNIX; MS Word, MS Excel, XML.