- IT Professional with over 7 years of experience in the area of Software Testing, significant experience in manual & automation testing of web based applications
- Used HP products such as QTP, Quality Center & Test Director.
- Full software life cycle planning and methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) proficiencies have resulted in consistently successful completion of major projects as an individual contributor and as a member of a team.
- Self directed organized, attention to detail, self-motivated, personable, multi-focused, employer dedicated and ability to prioritize along critical path, meet project milestones on deliverable dates.
- Solid understanding and participation in all the phases of Software Development Life cycle and testing processes.
- Participated in Requirement Analysis, Business Analysis, Use-Case Analysis and Gap Analysis and drafted the Use Cases.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in writing Requirement traceability matrix, test cases, creating test scenarios, executing tests scripts and analyzing test results.
- Developed VB Scripts in Quick Test Pro for functional and regression testing.
- Expertise in preparing Test plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases for Manual and Automated Testing.
- Expertise with system testing, Integration testing, Functional testing, Backend testing, regression testing and User acceptance testing (UAT) with different testing tools such QTP and HP Quality Center.
- Ability to work with minimal direction taking concept to analysis and potentially lead in QA through development, debugging, testing, defect documentation, regression and conclusion.
- Experienced in documenting defects using the bug tracking database, providing verifications on fixes in multiple environments, and communicating fix success, failures, status updates as appropriate.
- Experience in testing Client/Server (2-Tier), Multi-Tier on various Platforms.
Testing Tools : Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, Test
Operating Systems : DOS, Windows 2000/NT, UNIX, LINUX
Programming Languages : C++, C, VB, TSL, SQL
Databases : MS Access 2000, MySQL, Oracle 7/8i, DB2, MS SQL
Application and Web Servers: MS Visual Studio 6.0, Visual Studio.net, Visio, IIS Visual Source Safe (VSS)
Other : UML, SDLC, RUP, Agile Methodology.
Confidential, Groton, CT Sep\'11 Till Date
Impala BO Compliance Application
Pfizer Inc. is the world\'s largest research-based pharmaceutical company and runs on most stringent quality and safety standards. Clinical trials are conducted to collect the data necessary to provide information for academic, industry, and regulators to make decisions about the safety and efficacy of the disease, illness, or preventative medicines under study. The core components of monitoring are to ensure patient protection and to validate integrity of the data. Monitoring involves periodic on-site visits by monitors each year for the duration of a study as part of a quality process. Significant findings identified as a result of monitoring are escalated for review by the sponsor’s Clinical Teams and Quality Assurance (QA) Departments, which may then be managed as a suspected significant deviation.
My role at Pfizer is to test the Modules like Resupply System, Protocol Administration System (PAS), Replace Drug Module, Actual Visit Screen and Report Types.
- Reviewed Requirement Documents, Design Documents, Functional Specifications , designed test scenarios and developed detailed test cases for Impala integration & Migration projects with Pfizer ELC process and procedures..
- Performed both Manual and Automation testing on the application.
- Performed Integration, Functional, Regression, Positive, Negative and Scenario based testing.
- Developed automated VB test scripts in QTP for functional testing of the application. Followed modular approach while developing the scripts.
- Developed automation scripts for Regression Testing using QTP expert view for Data Driven Framework.
- Developed Automated VB Script to export files to MS Excel and perform Data Comparison.
- Performed Database testing
- Maintained Test metrics to keep track of the project’s status.
- Uploaded and Scheduled QTP Tests through Quality Centre.
- Defects are logged and change requests are submitted using Quality Center.
- Performed Scanning of Impala and CSDS existing executed test scripts
- Taking the PDF file, renaming it according to a standard naming structure
- Using the Document Management systems entered the Verified and Named executed Test Scripts into Gnosis in Pfizer Document Repository.
- Reported the progress on a daily basis, and performed Quality checks to ensure quality.
Environment: QTP, XML, HTML, Quality Center, MS Office Tools, SQL Server, Toad, PL SQL, .Net
Confidential, Atlanta, GA Aug\'10 Sep\'11
Project Name-- Multi Access Integration (MAI)
Sr. QA Engineer
Georgia Insurance provides all types of insurance coverage from the top carriers in the country. Multi Access Integration (MAI), this project primarily involves providing home and auto insurance on the web, on a state by state implementation basis and also integrates the three routes that a customer can take to get insurance, namely: GEORGIA INSURANCE, The GEORGIA toll free access and the web. The role of my team was in ‘Quote/New Business’, which provides a customer with an insurance quote based on the information provided by them , and lets them purchase insurance online.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Coordinating with teams like business, brokers, and external customers, which are involved in the interfacing of the application
- Peer review of the documents like Test plan and test scripts developed by the Team
- Developed Test plan for System, Detail & over All Test Plan using the Business Specifications
- Created the System Requirement Specifications and released the Specs
- Optimized QTP scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types
- Developed regression automation scripts in QTP with VB Script to analyze system
- Manually performed the functionally testing and also was responsible completing the regression testing
- identified an object by matching its test object and run time object properties by using QTP
- Conducted the System integration testing of the application manually for different Modules.
- Performing queries to the database using \'SQL\' to check successful Transaction & to create particular test cases
- Worked on Payments application - where users can register and download their Pay statements and previous year statements in PDF format
- Presentation of the QA Status report and the Defect Status reports in the weekly meeting.
- Parameterized the test scripts to perform Data driven Testing using QTP.
- Performed Security Testing for unauthorized access of the web application with Positive and negative testing
Environment: C, C++, .Net, Oracle RUP, QTP, Load Runner, Quality Center
Confidential, MI Jan\'09-May\'10
Project Name - Field Agent Information System (FAIS)
Sr. QA Engineer
United Healthcare has a history of developing innovative programs to facilitate a better, more positive health care experience for everyone (employees, physicians and employers). The field agents enter the data of prospective customers using the application. The application calculates the amount of insurance required premium, cash value and benefit amount for all the years. In this project there are different modules, for which I have been involved in QA Testing such as technology impact, patient safety, pharmacy, Care coordination etc. this system permits the registered members with United Healthcare, to get the details of the long term care insurance schemes and benefits.
- Developed detailed Testing Strategy for the entire application and developed test plans and test cases based on technical specifications and Requirements in Quality center.
- Actively participated in all phases of testing life cycle including document reviews, inspections, and project status meetings
- Prepared complete Test Result Reports (TRR) in the MS-Word format for each build of the application
- Did the Functional and Regression testing by executing the Program files from the command line using UNIX commands
- Used Telnet command to login remote UNIX boxes and FTP command to upload/download the files to/from UNIX boxes
- Responsible for validating database changes implemented on the DB2 database
- Created test Data in flat files and XML files for the input for the Testing
- Test XML file against XSD schema validation
- Extensively used SQL and wrote complex SQL Queries for manual backend testing
- Used Mercury Quality Center for updating the status of all the test cases that are executed during testing process
- Updated test cases in Quality center when the new release changed the functionality of the other module
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Clear Quest
- Performed End-to-End testing after bug fixes and modifications.
- Participated in weekly status meeting, Coordinated with the developers and testers to resolve the defects and close them
Environment: SQL Server, UNIX, and Windows XP, Mercury Quality Center, SQL scripting, UNIX scripting.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA Oct’07- Dec’08
Store Vision Teller Application
PNC is a highly Diversified and Growing Financial Services Organization spanning the Retail Business and Corporate Markets. PNC provides everything from Personal Banking Services to Wealth Management, Business Banking and Corporate & Institutional services for Organizations all over the World. The Project involved various types of Regression, Functional and Integration Testing operations on the PNC Store Vision Teller application. Major application builds are released on a quarterly basis every year and Minor releases occur every week.
- Created test plans by analyzing the Business Requirements and System Requirements of the application
- Participated in design sessions and application walk through
- Developed test cases for Acceptance test, Maintenance test and Regression tests and executed them
- Gathering test data and modifying according to the present scenarios.
- Regression testing on appropriate build versions and reporting any inconsistencies or any impacts on other modules
- Executed Manual Test Cases by using positive and negative data inputs. Reported results and defects in Quality Center.
- Interacted with development team to resolve the issues, prepared defect metrics.
- Creating test data based on the test cases and executing the test cases
- Bug reporting & Documentation.
- Report and explain bugs to developers and supervisor through Bug Works.
- Review and edit final documentation for the project.
- Determining test conditions/test objectives.
Environment: Oracle, Windows XP, Quality Center.
Confidential, Melbourne, Australia May\'06-Aug\'07 Manual Tester
Medibank Health Solutions provide companies, government and consumers alike with a range of targeted medical, allied health and telephone and online solutions.
- Proactively assisting in the incremental improvements and standardization of testing activities within the delivery process.
- Executing test cases and reporting results.
- Raising and closing clear and concise defects when necessary.
- Reporting and communicating status of work and issues to team leader.
- Tracked the bugs and reported them using defect tracker of Test Director and performed regression testing
- Participated in Walkthrough and defect report meetings periodically
- Responsible for Positive Testing and Negative testing
- Wrote Test Cases for manual Black Box Testing
- Involved in writing Functional requirements, Test Plans and Test Case
Environment: SQL Server, Windows NT and 2000, UNIX, Test Director
Confidential, Melbourne, Australia June2005 March 2006
Jr. QA Analyst
On Line Reminder is a web based application. It provides functionality of creating and editing Reminder lists, sending reminders to the specified persons through email and SMS at the specified time and frequency. This application can be used stand alone or can be integrated with another web application or portal as a service.
- Worked as a Jr. QA analyst for functional validation.
- Requirement gathering, test execution and defect reporting are performed using test director.
- Created Integration and System test cases from functional specification document.
- Created and submitted the daily QA status report to the test management team.
- Backend database validation is performed using SQL queries.