- 6+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Experience with creating Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases, Manual Testing, and automated Test Execution
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Developed, Documented and Executed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using Selenium RC, JUnit, Test NG, Eclipse and Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, Maven, Hudson to ensure proper business compliance and worked closely with users and business analysts, Project Managers, Developers to understand requirements, business processes for testing and attended regular walkthroughs
- Experience in Restful, SOAP Web Service testing using SOAP UI.
- Experience in testing applications in Insurance, HealthCare and Banking Sectors.
- Experience with testing on UNIX and Windows environments
- Expertise in Black Box testing.
- Expertise in Functional, Regression, User Acceptance (UAT)
- Use of the Test director/ Quality Center to manage the software testing process
- RDBMS Technology and Web development using HTML
- Extensive experience working with Databases such as SQL Server and MS-Access
- Used SQL Queries to make sure that data was entered properly in the right tables, when the data was entered from front end screen.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
Automated Testing Tools Selenium RC, Java, Selenium IDE, Test Ng, JUnit, SOAP UI
Repository Management Tool Sub Version
Test Management Tools Quality Centre 9.0,
Languages Java, SQL, C, C++, SQL*Plus
Scripting Languages Java Script, Perl
Reporting Tools Crystal Reports 7.0/8.0
Application Server Web Logic, Web Sphere 7.0, Tomcat
Databases Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server 2008, MS-Access, Toad
Operating Systems Windows 7,Windows Vista Mac OSX, UNIX
Build Tool Maven, Ant
Bug Tracking Tools JIRA, Quality Centre
Client: Confidential,San Jose, CA. Sep 11 – july 12
- Coordinate day-to-day changes, activities for testing, processes, and environment changes/impacts to the Release
- Gather Test Environment & Data Requirements, reviewed with Test Leads and Testing Enablement.
- Monitor the completeness of the testing activities based on the Release Testing Calendar/Deliverables on a daily basis.
- Used Selenium IDE to record, edit and automate Web Application testing.
- Used Selenese commands to run save tests which are stored in test scripts.
- Address and facilitate issues that occur in a timely manner
- Log QA issues and follow them through resolution
- Define the test execution and defect reporting needs; determine frequency and communication of these reports.
- Involved in Automation of Web Application using Selenium IDE.
- Used Apache Axis utility to generate client for Web Services, executed Web Services using Eclipse Java IDE and SOAP UI.
- Escalate testing issues, risks, dependencies, resources constraints to the Testing Enablement Team leadership.
- Involved in SOAP and Restful web services using SOAP UI, axis client.
- Developed Groovy scripts to test Report application output.
- Facilitate/Assist with daily/weekly meetings held by Testing Enablement to discuss status of testing and calendar activities.
- Provide in-depth analysis of test execution metrics and communicate with project teams to understand changes, impacts, discrepancies
- Validate and approve entry/exit criteria forms for System Integration and User Acceptance Testing
Environment: Selenium RC Server, Selenium IDE 1.3.0,XML, Java, J2EE, SOAP UI 3.x, HTML, XML, XSD, WSDL, Web Services, Mozilla Firefox 3.4, Unix, Windows XP
Confidential,Deerfield, IL Jan 10 - Aug 11
Confidential,offers Pharmacy Benefits Management, mail service pharmacy, specialty pharmacy, and, in select areas, home care services. The programs are tailored to the needs of their corporate clients, which include health plans, employer groups, union groups, government entities, third-party administrators, and coalitions. Project is all about to make some enhancements to core Billing and Payments module in PBM System (Pharmacy Benefits Management System).
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and used Case documents for Functional testing.
- Hands on experience using Selenium RC and writing Selenium tests through Eclipse/Selenium IDE including Quality Center.
- Reviewed Specified Business Documents and prepared Test Cases using Quality Center based on the requirements.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Verification of Frontend GUI Objects and elements.
- Familiarity with UAT for making website more user-friendly and for web-applications.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries for backend testing
- Knowledge of writing Junit tests using Junit framework.
- Extensively tested customer’s payments are sent directly to your commercial bank account using the latest security technology.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole.
Environment: Selenium RC, SQL, Junit, Xpath, Quality Center, FireBug, UAT
Confidential,SFO, CA Sept 08 – Jan10
EMS (Employer Member Services) is an integrated web application, which will consolidate the functionality of four different WellPoint websites for Employer and Member Management. Since, there will be only one application; maintenance of the application will be easy as well as bringing the IT cost down for WellPoint. The web application was developed using multi-tier J2EE architecture and J2EE Technologies.
- Developed and executed comprehensive test plan, test cases, and test automation scripts for EMS Application.
- Managed Test Requirements Traceability matrix and generated day-to-day status reports, Procedures, and prepare Bug reports using Quality Center.
- Design and engineered stand alone hardware tests including functional tests across a verity of technologies.
- Involved in Creation of automation framework using Selenium.
- Developed Selenium automation Scripts in Java.
- Developed test harnesses using Selenium and Customized automation framework to suit the needs of the application.
- Involved in unit testing with developers by using JUnit.
- Involved in testing web services by using SoapUI.
- Involved in UAT (User acceptance Testing).
- Involved in Android mobile application functional testing.
- Performed Database validation and integration testing and manipulations using SQL.
- Coordinating with Project Manager, Business Analyst and system analyst to set up the pre validation environment to execute the scripts.
- Work closely with Development as well as Requirement teams to ensure testing issues are resolved on timely manner.
Environment: Windows and Linux, Java, J2EE, TestNG, DB2, JUnit, Selenium, Oracle, Soap UI, Quality center, white box and manual testing
Confidential,San Francisco, CA Jan 08 – Aug 08
Quality Assurance Engineer
Confidential, for interactive Electronic Billing and Payment application (EBP) is a superior way of providing Web-based self service solutions to manage invoices, payments and business customer relationships. It is designed to easily integrate with existing accounting, customer care, E-Commerce, and electronic payment systems.
- Developed comprehensive test plan and test cases based on reviews of business and technical specifications.
- Created and executed automated test Scripts using Selenium for Functional, Integration and Regression testing.
- Gathered test cases which are common for every release and which can be executed for multiple sets of data for purpose of regression testing by using Selenium.
- Worked closely with User Acceptance Test coordinator, Project Manager, and Business System Analysis to understand business process and develop concrete User Acceptance
- Test (UAT) cases.
- Extensively used test management tools like Quality Center and Selenium to carry out test case document, execution and defect logging.
- Developed and exported to test cases to quality center and mapping all test cases to business requirements and tools.
- Involved in performance testing by using JMeter.
- Developed SQL queries for backend testing in Oracle.
- Documented all test results and SQL outputs to provide daily execution status for the team.
Environment: Windows, Java, JUnit, TestNG Selenium, Quality center, Oracle.
Confidential,Carlsbad, CA March 07 - Jan 08
White Box QA Engineer
Confidential,is one of the nation\'s largest residentialmortgagelenders. It originates and services residentialmortgagesthrough a countrywide network of retail offices, direct lending centers and Web sites. The project involved in migration of existing legacymortgagesystems to a new enhanced web based system. The system automates the entire lending process from Point of Sale (POS) through funding. It automates complex, inefficient and labor-intensive aspects of lending; including automated underwriting, customizable workflow, compliance, document preparation management, rule based assignment system, vendor interfaces and customer relationship management. The databases used were Oracle based systems.
- Worked closely with Development team to discuss the design and testing aspects of the application and contributed to the test plans
- Designed traceability matrix to map the test cases to the business use cases in order to closely follow the business requirements.
- Developed test cases for System testing and Acceptance testing.
- Identified the test data required and maintained for Unit Tests.
- Created complex SQL queries for database testing.
- Created and executed the test scripts with Java/JUnit.
- Maintained and executed ANT build files for running Automated Tests
- Used JUnit for writing unit test cases and executed them as a test suite.
- Created Helper classes and methods in JUnit.
- Reported bugs using Quality Center and performed regression testing after rectification
- Conducted Defect tracking according to status and priority and also tracked defects.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) spanning across various departments using
- SOAP and WSDL as underlying messaging protocols that were employed across various applications
- using SoapUI
Environment: Quality Centre 8.0, SQL Server, Java/J2EE, WebLogic, MS Office Tools, Windows 2000/XP,XML, SOAP UI
Confidential,Hyderabad, India June’05 to Feb’ 07
This project involves modifications of an existing system to cater to the business modifications. In ICICI Banking, stock trading files from different operational systems like: CAD (Custom Account Banking), CACHE (Corporate Banking), MYDANS (AS400 based data), will be received for processing. By Connect Direct system, all these files will be transmitted to the Mainframe system. In the operational systems there will be the dynamic data, these data will be sent to the Data ware house and these dynamic data will be converted to static data associated with a period of time.
- Developing the Test Scripts & Test cases according to the latest functionality of the application
- Involved in writing, executing Test cases
- Maintaining test matrix and Trace-ability matrix
- Performed configuration testing and acceptance testing for various combinations using manual scripts and automated scripts
- Extensive use of SQL queries to perform data integrity testing
- Involved in running scripts to perform insertion, updating the data and also stored procedures
- Involved in tracking, reviewing, analyzing and comparing bugs using Test Director
Environment: Windows, PHP, Java Script, HTML, Test Director, MySQL, Ajax, Manual testing.
Bachelors in Computer Science