Over 5 + years of experiencein software quality assurance and testing. Strong knowledge of testing strategies and methodologies. Proficient inmanual testingin client/server and web based applications usingQuality Center. Leadership qualities with emphasis on individual and team effort backed by good communication skills. Able to work collaboratively with testers, developers and other team members in testing complex projects and in the overall enhancement of software product quality.
- Proficient in manual testingincluding Black Box/White box testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing and Functionality testing.
- Excellent testing experience in all phases and stages of testing with good working knowledge of testing disciplines, tasks, resources and scheduling.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Developed detailed test plan and test cases for various business application(s) through Quality Center.
- Expertise in preparing Test Plan, Test Summary Reports, Test Cases and Test Scripts for manual testing based on the user requirement documents and system requirement documents for functional, integration and smoketesting.
- Experience with Agile software methodologies.
- Ability to follow industry standards & procedures and quickly master new concepts & applications.
- QA/IT experience in software testing of web-based and client/server applications.
- Involved in all the stages of software development and testing life cycle.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as a part of a team
- Enjoy working collaboratively with testers, developers and other team members in testing complex projects and in the overall enhancement of software product quality
- Knowledge on Quality Standards like ISO, CMM Levels.
- Prepared traceability matrix and defect reports.
Testing Tools Quality Center and Test Director
Languages SQL and VB
RDBMS Oracle, MS SQL server
Operating Systems Windows XP, 7 and UNIX
Other Toad, MS Office
Bachelors of Science in Mathematics
Confidential, Bloomington, US Sept 2010 to current
Project:State Farm Bank Mortgage is FDIC-insured and offers a full array of Web-enhanced banking services in addition to its core mortgage products & services, and provides commercial loans to homebuilders across the nation for the purpose of constructing new family residences. Also this Loan Application is used for generate home mortgage and home equity loans.
- Reviewed the System Requirement Specification (SRS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and design documents.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Traceability Matrix, and Test Analysis Report (TAR)
- Performed manual testing
- Conducted end to end scenario functional testing
- Involved in writing SQL queries for Backend Testing and to verify the database updates, inserts and deletions etc., of the records, and validate them
- Reporting and verifying the defects in HP Quality Center
- Responsible for weekly status to show the Progress of the automation testing effort
- Interaction with business analysts and developers to resolve the technical issues to meet the client\\\'s requirement for a better quality software product.
- Performed system testing and regression testing.
- Involved in defect logging and tracking it till closure using Quality Center.
- Attend defect triage calls to discuss on defect priorities and fix schedule.
- Participation in Defect Analysis meetings
- Prepared Test Calendar for system testing and regression testing.
- Performed backend data validations.
- Test execution and summary reporting
- Testing Software to identify and resolve problems from end users perspective
Environment: Quality Center, Java Script, C++, J2EE, UNIX, Windows, TCP/IP,
HTML, SQL Server, DB2, TOAD
Confidential, Elk Grove Village, IL May2008-Aug2010
Project:Online Financial Accounting System (Web based Application) is designed to cover
the accounting activities of the different divisions. It covers Accounts Receivable, Accounts
Payable, Budgeting and Expenses Accounting, Cash flow analysis, Fixed Assets Accounting.
- Analyzed user requirement document and developed test plans, which includes the objectives, testing strategies, test environment and others.
- Performed manual testing
- Performed end to end functional testing
- Managed QA environment and set-up
- Coordinated with developers and system engineers to fix application defects
- Responsible for maintaining updated reports on resolved defects
- Test Case Reviews and Test case Execution
- Test management and updating results in Quality Center
- Performed Functional (Black Box) and Structural (White Box) testing
- Created, modified, and debugged the test scripts
- Conducted system and regression testing - identified application errors and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues
- Executed SQL queries using TOAD for back-end verification
- Participation in Defect Analysis meetings
- Interaction with business analysts and developers to resolve the technical issues to meet the client\\\'s requirement for a better quality software product
Environment: Quality Center, Z/OS, C++, J2EE, JSP, COBOL, IMS, DB2, Oracle, JCL, DB2, Oracle, J2EE, Windows, UNIX
Client: Confidential, US Feb2007 - April2008
Project:This project is mainly developed for the Account Division of a Banking sector to provide better interface of the entire banking transactions. This system is aimed to give a better outlook to the ser interfaces and to implement all the banking transactions like: Supply of Account Information, New Account Creations, Deposits, Withdraws, Check book issues, Stop payments, Transfer of accounts and Report Generations.
- Involved in Test Plan preparation
- Performed Smoke and Sanity testing on builds.
- Responsible for Test Execution and Test Report.
- Involved in defect reporting, monitoring, and validating
- Preparing Daily Status and Defect Status reports
- Back end database testing on SQL Server using Toad
- Prepared requirement traceability matrix for respective application
- Attending defect prioritization and assignment meetings
- Coordinated with the development team in resolving Bugs.
Environment: Quality Center, VB6, ASP, .NET, JSP, XML, Oracle, DB2
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes