QA analyst with over 3 years of experience in manual and automation test planning, execution and results analysis. Expertise in Functional and GUI Testing of various web-based, intranet and client based applications, leveraging leading industry tools. Strong technical background with knowledge of SDLC, programming, and databases. Possess excellent communication skills, self starter, quick learner and a team player.
- Over 3 years experience in Software Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Proficient in Functional, Negative, Regression, User Acceptance (UAT), Security, Black Box testing, Grey Box testing Browser Compatibility, Load and Performance testing.
- Experienced in designing, developing, implementing and executing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios based on User, Business and System Requirements.
- Good exposure to automated testing tools - WinRunner, Quality Testing Pro and Load Runner.
- Proficient in test planning tools including Mercury Test Director and Quality Center.
- Project Lead skills with experience managing both on-site and off- site project teams.
- Ability to apply wide technical and practical skills to manage and execute Black Box tests and to evaluate needs for software designing, development, and validations.
- Outstanding analytical, decision-making, problem solving and management skills with the ability to organize activities in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong performer with the ability to work effectively and efficiently in team environment as well as individually.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista, MAC OSX
- Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional, WinRunner, Quality Center, Test Director, and LoadRunner
- Programming Languages: HTML, C++, SQL, UML, Visual Basic
- Technologies and Application Software: Microsoft Office 2007/XP, MS Project, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio
Confidential, July 10 - Present
QA Analyst - Lead
Confidential, is a new Matrimonial Portal with major focus on Indian across the continents. After alpha release of www.MadhurSangam.com , major business / UI and performance enhancements were being developed for Beta release of the only Indian Matrimonial portal offering features like extra security, privacy and MediMatch.
- Managing a team of 5 QA including 3 offshore
- Designed and implemented a QA process by creating a Test Plan and Test Scripts, using Business Requirements, System Design Specifications and Use Cases
- Involved in performing Web testing, GUI testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, cross browser testing, System testing and user Acceptance testing
- Created test suites of more than 5300 test cases and responsible for its execution in every monthly release cycle
- Ensure all dependent systems continue to receive information seamlessly
- Responsible for testing for email / Alert systems like Visitor's Alert, match Alert etc.
- Cross browser validation
- Tracking and Reporting of software defects in bugzila
Confidential, NY May 2009 to Jul 10
Responsible for performing GUI and Functional Testing on Gorticles.co.in , website used by authors and publishers to publish their articles on line. Created Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios in putting emphasis on the functionality by different modules, such as Publishers Dashboard, User Registration, Edit Articles etc.
- Actively participated in requirement gathering and Test Plan review meetings.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document for creating Test Plans and Test Cases
- Performed manual black box testing of the GUI and Functionality of the application followed by data driven automation testing using QTP to write the scripts.
- Enhanced the scripts by introducing synchronization, checkpoints, parameters.
- Involved in Regression Testing after each modification and enhancements.
- Reviewed and analyzed test results with business analysts and developers in order to uncover bottlenecks.
- Tracked the bugs and reported these in defect tracking tool.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on various browsers, using real world scenarios and perceptions relevant to the end user.
- Suggested possible enhancements in the application's GUI in order to have a more user friendly experience.
- Attended meetings regarding Performance and Load Testing, to provide insight on the areas of the application that might require greater attention.
- Collaborated with QA managers, developers and team members throughout the life cycle of the project to help identify the root cause of various bugs.
- Methodology Applied: Agile Testing
Available on request.