Quality Assurance Project Manager Confidential, Houston, TX
- Responsible for managing a QA test team specializing in server NIC (Network Interface Card) qualification.
- Closely monitored schedule commitments to ensure milestone targets were met.
- Interfaced regularly with HP vendor managers, program managers, and software engineers during test cycles.
- Tracked daily results progress and escalated bugs/defects as necessary.
- Coordinated lab-related installs to ensure test infrastructure was maintained.
April 2008-June 2011
Sr. Device Test Engineer/Project Manager Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked directly with cellular carriers to ensure wireless vendor's software adheres to carrier test requirements.
- Coordinated with handset wireless manufacturers/vendors during requested test cycles, (R & D to pre-lab entry).
- Communicated wireless carrier device requirement changes directly to wireless vendors during test cycle.
- Tracked results, defects and fixes daily using test results documents, spreadsheets and HP Quality Center.
- Escalated high priority defects to vendor for exposure and/or gating items that may prevent carrier lab entry.
- Managed test efforts to ensure objectives/scheduling commitments are met.
- Train and mentored new employees.
November 2006-March 2008 Confidential, Houston, TX
Field Service Engineer
- Responsible for installation and training on ophthalmic instruments (retinal cameras, slit lamps)
- Perform on site service and/or repairs as needed to help minimize customer down time.
- Assist regional sales team as needed to increase customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with sales and upper management during trade shows (setup, demos, etc).
- Hewlett-Packard PC and Topcon digital imaging software (IMAGEnet) support.
- Manage time and scheduling effectively under minimal supervision.
April 2001 - October 2006 Confidential, Tomball, TX
Quality Assurance Project Manager
- Manage multiple QA test engineers during the test cycle of each iPAQ handheld program.
- Create strategic and effective test plans to maximize results of quality testing
- Assign test plans and tasks to maximize test efficiency.
- Lead ROM upgrade/update validation during sustaining test phase.
- Testing of updated software releases to validate resolved issues.
- Qualify new 3rd party drivers to be released to the web for shipping products on iPAQ platforms.
- Represent test team when interfacing with upper management and product OEM.
- Provide technical support and direction to team members during test phases.
- Responsible for approving/disapproving software update packages for web release.
- .Interface with core team members to ensure schedule commitments are upheld without compromising quality.
- Document and report errors and failures using internal Problem Tracking system (PTR)
- Responsible for adding and removing new users to the database PTR system.
- Maintain rights and access level for each new user added to database.
Hardware Test Engineer (2001-2003)
- Member of the WAT (Wide Area Test) test team. Responsible for Hardware compatibility testing.
- Tested 3rd party hard drives (SCSI, IDE), optical drives, video cards, modems, and NIC cards on multiple Compaq/HP desktop platforms.
- Hard Drive testing from vendors such as Seagate, Maxtor for compatibility on Compaq desktops.
- Ensured quality and customer satisfaction were met through strict test practices.
- Validated firmware/software updates on all 3rd party options as well as Compaq/HP motherboards.
- Performed test validation on both shipping and sustaining commercial desktops.
June1997-April 2001 Confidential, Houston, TX
Senior Sales and Technical Support
- Salesman of the month numerous times for exceeding sales quota expectations.
- Presented Voicestream wireless products to both consumer and enterprise customers.
- Worked with potential customers to ensure purchase of the most beneficial services.
- Provided technical support on handset issues.
- Assisted customers with product and service knowledge before and after the sale.
Associate of Applied Science, Computer Science
Microsoft Windows XP Pro, Vista, 7, Server 2003/2008, Windows Mobile 6.1 and 6.5, 7.0, Ubuntu Linux, Google Android
Software Packages & Technology
Microsoft Office Suite 2003/2007 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), HP Quality Center, Test Director, BMC Remedy, ADB (Android Debug Bridge), QXDM (Qualcomm eXtensible Diagnostic Monitor), JBenchmark 1.0 & 2.0 mobile handset performance evaluation tool, RAID configuration, Extensive HP Blade Server experience, Server switch (1GbE/10GbE) testing (Cisco, Brocade, HP ProCurve)
- GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications)
- WAP browser, J2ME Java, Push to Talk (Kodiak server), Video Share (IMS), and Bluetooth handset testing/wireless carrier validation
- Extensive FOTA (firmware over the air) & DM (Device Management) testing on multiple vendor handsets using lab test servers.
- Project Management Fundamentals training course (taken February 2006 on site at Hewlett-Packard)
- Broad leadership and management skills.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and communication skills.