- Master’s level in Wireless Communications. Bachelor’s in EE.
- Understanding of GSM, CDMA,WCDMA/UMTS, and LTE technologies.
- Experienced in UMTS/WCDMA RF optimization procedures, tools, and tunable parameters.
- Good knowledge in LTE network architecture, Physical Layer, and radio protocols.
- Thorough understanding of network Layer3 messaging and call flow.
- Experienced in creating UMTS/LTE RFDS and cell site hardware architecture.
- Good Understanding of DAS systems. Familiar with iBwave software.
- Hands on: MapInfo/Google Earth, TEMS, Actix Spotlight, MCOM, and MS-Office.
- Excellent communication skills, fast learner, and very good team player.
(06/2012 - Present) RF Field Test Engineer – Confidential San Antonio, TX
- Perform drive testing for LTE site verification and troubleshooting using GENEX Probe.
- Collect radio measurements like RSRP, SINR and PCI.
- Handover testing and trouble shooting, Downlink and Uplink throughput testing.
- Create SSV reports for costumer review.
(03/2010 – 02/2012) RF Engineer – Confidential, Plano, TX
RF Design - RFDS Engineer (Confidential 9/11-1/20), Schaumburg, IL
- Conduct cell site scoping meeting and discuss with AT&T RF engineers what devices need to be replaced/added/removed to meet the UMTS/LTE expansion process, and then update the RFDS accordingly.
- Create new RFDS or updating old ones with devices and parameters information for multi UMTS carriers (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th carriers) and LTE sites in Chicago and WI regions. Including in—building DAS sites, like Navy Pier and O’Hare Airport.
- Create/modify plumbing diagrams showing connection between all devices used at the cell site: Antennas, TMA, AISG, MCPA, RET unit, Diplexers, and RBS(ALU, Ericsson) based on customer needs.
- Using different configurations/solutions for adding UMTS carriers such as OBIF, antenna sharing, and LLC/duplexer solutions.
- Confirm the final RFDS with the costumer and save it in AT&T data base.
UMTS Pre-Launch Tuning and Optimization (Confidential 6/10 – 8/11)
- Prepare drive test routes (MapInfo and Google Earth) within the coverage area based on the design plots and confirm it with the costumer.
- Process drive test data output files (voice and data calls) collected using Agilent or TEMS software of the tested cell or cluster using Actix and TEMS Investigation.
- Utilize Ericsson data base and RNDCIQ for optimization and parameter changing purpose.
- Check the existence of major problems such as swapped antenna feeders, site not transmitting, bad RF coverage, Pilot Pollution, and interference.
- Check the existence of site alarms like VSWR and RSSI alarms.
- Analyze drive test data to evaluate the network KPIs such as CS/PS Drop Call rate, RRC connection success rate, HSDPA/HSUPA throughput, and SHO/IRAT success rate.
- Perform layer 3 analysis and call trace to find the cause of drop calls, access failure, and handover failure.
- Set up cell classifications and define possible neighbors based on priority within same carrier (Intra-
- Frequency), two different carriers (Inter-frequency), or to GSM sites (IRAT).
- Recommendation of Azimuth, Power, Tilt, Cell/Node/RNC parameters based on drive test data and terrain to meet expected KPI.
- Prepare GNG reports including recommendations for enhancing network performance for the customer review.
- Optimizing in-building DAS based on walk test measurements and report to the costumer.
- Perform MOSHELL 7.1A text based command to access site alarm service.
LTE RF Design for (Confidential 3/10 – 6/10)
- Preparing RFDS sheets for new LTE sites.
- Preparing plumbing configuration diagrams using MS-Visio.
(08/2009 – 03/2010) Software Developer, Confidential
- Developing Modules for flood management tools in ArcGIS software using Visual Basic for Application VBA.
- Preparing documentation and user manuals for the new modules.
(08/2008 – 08/2009) Research Assistant – Confidential
- Voice data acquisition and voice signal processing in MATLAB using Filtering, correlation and convolution techniques.
(01/2008 – 05/2008) Research Assistant - Confidential
- Research work on evaluating the performance of the IEEE 802.11 MAC in Mobile MESH Networks, my part of research was devoted in developing an interference-aware routing protocol for MESH (Ad Hoc) Networks in the presence of carrier sensing technique.
(02/2007 – 05/2007) GSM RF Engineer - Confidential
Tracking SW and HW alarms on the cell site and fix the problem. Installing microwave links for the new sites.
M.Sc. in Wireless communications,
Master Thesis Topic: Interference-aware routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Network. (Course work done, thesis in Progress), Graduate-level courses:
- Analog and Digital Communication Systems: Analog and digital modulation techniques
- Computer Networks: Unix network programming using C, Client-Server communications
- Wireless Mobile Communications: GSM, UMTS, CDMA
- Digital Communications
- Probability Models
- Operations Research. Integer programming
- Queuing Theory
- Control Theory
B.Sc. Electrical Engineering,
Programming and Computer Skills
- C, C++, Python, and VBA
Software and Tools:
- MATLAB, PSpice, Wireshark, MapInfo, Actix, and TEMS. Familiar with Atoll, iBwave, and MOSHELL.
- LaTEX, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, and Digital Multimeter.