- Five Plus Years of diverse experience in the field of Information technology with emphasis on SoftwareQuality Assurance that includes Test Planning, Test Analysis/Design, Development, Execution and Management of Test cases
- Expertise in developing Software Test Plans, Test Case Design, test scenarios based on Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and System Requirements documents
- Experience in Software Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Regression Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, cross browser testing across various releases and builds
- Expertise in preparing test cases, test plans, test scenarios with extensive experience in Manual testing with knowledge of Automated Testing.
- Expertise in using Mercury Products tools Quality Center, for functional, regression testing and for creating Test Plans, Executing Test Cases and Tracking Defects.
- Well Versed in GUI application testing, Back End testing, Database testing, Front-end testing, Functional Testing, System testing, Cross Browser Testing, Database Testing and Black Box Testing on Client-server, stand alone, and web- based applications with multiple server domains.
- Represent QA in all phases of product development including requirement, design, construction, testing, implementation, code reviews and support
- Extensive expertise on all the phase of the Software Testing Life Cycle ranging from Requirements gathering to User Acceptance Testing, Defects logging and tracking till closure.
- In-depth knowledge of various SDLC Models (Agile and Scrum and Incremental, V- model).
- In depth knowledge of End-to-End testing of software, standard for Quality Assurance.
- Exposure to various domains ranging from Telecom, Financial, E-Commerce and Retail.
- Formulating Test Strategies and Preparation of Test Plan and Test Scenarios.
- Analyzing bugs, interaction with development team members in fixing the errors.
- Expert in testing web based and client-server based applications.
- Experience in Bug tracking tools like, Bugzilla and Extra view, MANTIS. HP Qualitycenter.
- Extensively used SQL to interact with ORACLE database for data validation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, sharp personality with extensive documentation and writing skills.
Testing Tools: Mercury Quality Center 9.x/10.x,HP quality center.
Bug Tracking Tool: Test Director 8.0, Rational Clear Quest, Extra view, MANTIS
Operating systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX).
Databases: Oracle 8/9i/10g, SQL server, MS Access
Bachelor's of Commerce
Client : Confidential, Westborough, MA January 2011 - Till Date
Role : QA Analyst
Project : Janata Market
JanataMarket a web based E-Commerce shopping center where Suppliers can register and supply their products through this website and individual users can buy products online with JanataMarket. User can buy various products online and select home delivery with international countries. User can buy gifts and order to deliver to their friends and relatives in various countries. Application follow the workflow management with order processing, inventory management and delivery process on each step it has set of business rules to follow for approval process and interact with several external services like payment gateway, Google Adsense and implement various analytics to get reports on user visits, purchases and usage of website in different aspect to identify revenue generated modules. This application also use powerful search engines for search. It has powerful admin module where administrators and suppliers can define various product attributes and upload the products on daily basis through automated way and manually and also provides ability to control user access in various levels.
- Review and analysis of Business Requirements, Technical Specifications and development of Test Plans and Test Cases depending upon the test scope and coverage.
- Verification of XML data feeds stored in raw data format in temporary tables after receiving them with product information.
- Verification of Web services end point communication between Web interface and Payment gateway system.
- Creation of various test scenarios for business process flow and business rules execution.
- Performing Smoke Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Functional Testing, and Cross Browser Testing.
- Performing Backend Testing by developing and executing SQL queries for data validation.
- Creation and Maintenance of test data prior to test execution.
- Execution of special test cases to test 3rd party payment gateway interface with pay pal and google check out and currency conversion methodologies.
- Enhancing and executing test scripts for regression and Data Driven Testing using QTP.
- Performing standard recording and low-level recording on application under test for depicting actions.
- Creation and maintenance of test library of generic User-defined functions.
- Creating data table and parameterizing the tests using the data driver wizard.
- Application verification using table checkpoint, standard checkpoint and text checkpoint.
- Adding verification checkpoints for the validation of the functionality under stress conditions.
- Running multiple iterations of the script for unique set of data using parameterized action.
- Identifying, logging and tracking defects using Test Director.
- Testing and tracking defects by following defects lifecycle.
- Prepare and present test status reports used for weekly project meetings and coordination with cross functional team.
- Coordinating with development and business teams to help UAT process run smoothly
- Participating in discussions with development team to resolve bugs.
Client : Confidential, Mt. Laurel, NJ May 2008 - December 2010
Role : QA Analyst
Project : AMDOCS JR-APS
Confidential, is the largest cable operator and the largest home internet service provider in the United States. It provides cable television, broadband Internet, and telephone service to both residential and commercial customers. Reponsibile for testing provisioning systems for VoIP, Video and Internet services under one central architecture. AMDOCS JR-APS is the provisioning system which controls the workflow. Testing is undertaken to validate and test the entire end to end flow through process involving financial and order billing systems, provisioning agents, switches.
- Involved in the discussions of High Level Planning and designed few scenarios for the High Level Planning.
- Involved in creating possible scenario for the detailed Design as well as developed test cases based on the detailed design plan.
- Developed Test cases for the different functional requirements.
- Used extensively SQL queries and SQL functions.
- Involved in exporting of test cases from excel to Quality Center (QC) and worked on mapping of Test cases with Technical requirements.
- Worked closely with developers, project managers, network engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking/reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.
- Involved in Opening of the defects in the QC and assigning priority and severity to the defects found.
- Strong technical background and an understanding of the telecom industry
- Involved in Provisioning of the Digital voice phone service, initiating the Order from the biller and checking the logs in the subsequent applications such as Order management, Third Party Verification Systems and Network Provisioning Systems.
- Involved in running the test cases for different functionalities including providing new voice line service to the customer, disconnecting the service, suspending the service and restoring the service.
- Executed Unix shell scripts to clean the data from the different systems.
- Hands on experience with major Application and Web servers.
- Excellent skills used in Manual Testing along with skills management tool Test Director.
- Used the Toad application for querying the database related activities such as data modification and data retrieval.
- Developed Test Cases and Test Design using Test Plan Manager (Test Director).
- Developed and executed manual tests using Test Director for system testing of the application.
- Involved in End to End testing of the project starting from the initiating the order to complete the order successfully by provisioning the voice Service Successfully.
- Involved in testing of the voice features such as call forward, call block, call trace and caller id and more.
- Involved in verifying the test results comparing with the expected results.
- Followed the TDD (Test Driving Development) concept.
Environment: Quality Center 9.2, Oracle 11g, Java, J2EE, SQL Server, LDAP, Web Logic Server, XML, HTML, SOAP UI, WINSCP, UNIX, Shell Scripts, Windows XP professional, Excel, Visio and Project. Mainframes
Client : Confidential, Denver, CO October 2006 - April 2008
Role : QA Analyst
Project : PCS Monitoring
The Personal Communication Services (PCS) Project will provide both voice and data technology. PCS integrates new systems and interfaces with legacy systems to provision services, to bill customers, and to monitor services. The functional scope is to provide solutions required for the services across the 14 states. This application also provide the reports for various levels of management with different filter criteria.
The PCS system has the following 5 sub-systems:
- Activations: This system performs activation, suspension and deactivation of PCS Service.
- Service Orders: This system creates service orders when
- Add /Remove or Change a user feature/price plan or phone number attribute to an active station.
- Return for equipment accessories, ESN change where charge item changes.
- Equipment: The equipment system creates, updates and maintains equipment orders, as well as maintains information about customer provided wireless equipment.
- Billing & Rating: The Billing and Rating Systems are responsible for validating and applying charges to usage records (airtime call records).
- Customer Management: This system suspends a station, transfers a station and reactivates a station
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developed and performed black box testing (System test, Integration test, Regression test, End-to-End testing,Sanity test)
- Involved in writing SQL queries testing data integrity by Querying ORACLE db for certain UI actions (Gray box Testing).
- Worked on Web service testing.
- Worked in Bug Reporting using QC.
- Created ExcelReports with DB data (Running SQL scripts) for application testing needs and assisted in writing test plan.
- Coordinated user acceptance testing (UAT) with business users.
- Participated in other project related meetings (daily standup meetings go no go meeting and lessons learned meetings).
- Familiar with the stages involved in Software Testing Tools.
- Created test scripts for various testing stages like Functional testing, Integration testing and Regression Testing.
Environment: Quality Center 8.2, 9.0, QTP 8.2, 9.0, VB Script, Agile Methodology, UNIX, Oracle, Visual Basic, MS-Office, Windows XP/2000/NT, XML and HTML
Client : Confidential, Wall Street, NY February 2006 - September 2006
Role : QA Analyst
This application is developed to automate the cash flow and availability by providing the fund accountants facilities to fetch the daily data and provides the approval process and work flow through web based application and sends data in XML format, Excel format files via MQ to client. Sends emails in each step of approval process and gets data feed from Mainframe based centralized system before trading starts on every day.
- Actively participate in review meeting including Functional Spec, Test Plan and Test Case.
- Create and publish Test Plan(s) based on available requirements documents and template agreed upon by the business community.
- Review Test case documents and provide timely feedback to team members.
- Initiated mandatory review meetings with the development team to ensure valuable feedback thereby improving the test coverage.
- Built a library of test cases for regression testing and automated them using Quick Test Professional.
- Used standard recording and low-level recording for depicting actions on application under test.
- Created and maintained test library of generic User-defined functions.
- Defined handler functions to handle Pop-up exceptions.
- Created data table and parameterized the tests using the data driver wizard.
- Used table checkpoint, standard checkpoint and text checkpoint to verify the application.
- Created the database checkpoint using the database query wizard to check the records in the database.
- Worked closely with business team to understand business processes and developed concrete User Acceptance Test criteria and coordinated UAT.
- Participated Load testing using LoadRunner and verified the response time of the transactions under different load conditions with the help of LoadRunner professionals.
- Parameterized the action for running multiple iterations of the script using unique set of data.
- Inserted verification checkpoint for the validation of the functionality under stress conditions.
- Used Quality Center to log defects and monitored the defects for successful resolution.
Environment: Windows XP, UNIX, J2EE, WebServices, SOAP, XML, Oracle10g, Weblogic9.1, Quick Test Professional (QTP) 9.1, Quality Center/ TestDirector, Internet Explorer.Confidential, Vernon Hills, IL September 2005 - January 2006
Role: QA Analyst (Contractor)
Washington Mutual bank is one of the leading banks in US. Involved in online banking application to work on several projects intended to make product line to be more robust in the current global market segments, This involves Payment functionality, functionality to retrieve Transaction History in amount range & date range, Online Account Statements functionality, Credit Card Statement functionality, functionality to export transactions, and functionality to transfer funds between different account types.
- Reviewed, understood and analyzed Business Requirements, Technical Specifications and developed Test Plans and Test Cases depending upon the test scope and coverage.
- Performed extensive Manual Testing
- Developed extensive test cases.
- Performed Functional Testing, GUI Testing, and Regression Testing manually.
- Involved in Smoke Testing on various builds.
- Created, Updated, and Maintained test data prior to test execution.
- Learnt and performed Ad-Hoc Testing for account holders.
- Used test planning and management tool TestDirector 8.0 for developing the test cases.
- Identified, Logged, and Tracked defects using TestDirector. Tested defects and followed defects lifecycle.
- Created, maintained, and presented Test Status reports used for weekly project meetings using TestDirector 8.0.
- Performed extensive Backend Testing using SQL and checked the data flow and data validation.
- Documented and communicated test results on regular basis.
- Participated in discussions to resolve bugs with development team.
- Reported day to day work status to QA Test Lead directly and also worked closely with QA Manager
Environment: Windows XP, Java, Oracle9i, WebSphere, SQL, WinRunner 7.5, TestDirector 8.0, Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, and AO