- Around 6+ years of experience in Manual and Automated testing in various Windows, Client - Server and Web based applications
- Experienced in defining Test Scope and Strategy for a release and managed them based on the change in Requirements.
- Experienced in developing business based test scenarios and excellent understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and role of Quality Assurance.
- Excellent knowledge on various Software Development and Testing Methodologies such as Agile (SCRUM, Extreme Programming, Test-Driven), Waterfall.
- Extended knowledge on various domains like Banking, Retail and Marketing on Windows, and Mainframes Platforms.
- Exposure to different types of testing like Automation testing, System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, Smoke testing, Database testing, GUI testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Well conversant with software testing methodologies including developing Test plans, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test reports and documenting manual and automation tests.
- Experienced in automation testing using HP tools like UFT/QTP (QuickTest Professional).
- Experienced in using ALM/Quality Center for creating and maintain Test Cases.
- Experienced in Defect Tracking and Defect Reporting using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Expert in writing VB and VB Script code in QuickTest Pro environment.
- Experienced in developing Object Repositories and Descriptive programming using QTP.
- Solid Backend testing experience in writing and executing SQL Queries.
- Experienced in testing Oracle, SQL Server and My SQL databases using SQL Quires.
- Experienced in attending daily walkthrough meetings with Business analyst, Developers and Stake holders.
- Good communication skills and worked under heavy pressure and tight deadlines.
- Proven success in multi-tasking, handling multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to operate successfully in a remote based position.
- Conscientious go-getter who is highly organized, dedicated, and committed to professionalism
- Enthusiastic, knowledge-hungry learner, eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate new concepts.
- Involved in Configuration Management, deadline and New release Requirement Meeting.
- Planned, developed, and participated in kick off and go/no-go meetings.
- Established collaborative working relationship with co-workers and clients.
- Experience in testing on multiple operating systems and browsers - Windows 7, 10, XP, 2000, IE
Technical Skills: Languages C, C++, SQL, And Visual basic Databases Oracle, MS-SQL Server, MS-Access.
Testing Tools: UFT/Quick Test Pro, ALM Quality Center.
Office Tools: MS Office, MS-Word, MS-Excel, Power Point and MS-Access.
QA Analyst III
Confidential - St. Louis, MO
- Reviewed the System Requirement Specs (SRS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and design documents.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Traceability Matrix, and Test Analysis Report (TAR).
- Performed both Manual and Automated testing and Created scripts and Modified scripts in Expert/Keyword View mode.
- Converted manual tests to automated test scripts using UFT/QuickTest Pro and enhanced the scripts.
- Reviewed manual testing methods and developed and executed manual scripts.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for Backend Testing and to verify the database updates, of the records, and validate them.
- Interaction with business analysts and developers to resolve the technical issues to meet the client's requirement for a better quality software product.
- Actively participated in all phase of testing life cycle including documents reviews, maintaining status reports.
- Mapped requirements with Test Cases in ALM Quality Center and executed them reporting a pass or fail status.
- Ensured that quality issues are appropriately identified, analyzed, documented, tracked and resolved in Quality Center.
- Involved in Functional testing, System integration testing, Hotfix, Regression.
- Involved in cross browsing testing of the application on various Browsers to ensure that it functions similarly on all browsers.
- Attended requirements review meetings and provided feedback to ensure that the system meets all primary requirements.
- Participated in defect triage meeting with developer, PM, QA Manager and teams to provide explanation of problems.
- Working in Agile-scrum environment where always interacting with developer, Business Analyst and product owners.
- Experience working with off shore team.
QA Analyst II
- Developed Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Steps.
- Prepared Test Data and performed Positive and Negative testing.
- U to verify bug fixes, and update bug Quick Test Professional (QTP) and sed HP QC for bug tracking and followed up with development team status.
- Worked with Automation tester to preformed Regression Testing using generated scripts for testing.
- Validated Front end validations and Frontend creation (images, Forms & pages).
- Executed Browser Compatibility Testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) for the websites with different versions.
- Coordinated with the developers to resolve defects.
- Review and update Regression Test cases for impacted features.
- Estimate test timelines for each test case and provided to Test Lead and Project Manager.
- Engaged with the Development and Project team and informed QA dependencies and QA deliverables.
- Proficient at GUI, Functional testing, usability (content testing, test for navigation) and performance testing.
- Regression Testing performed at various phases of development life cycle for impacted existing functionality.
- Analyzed Test results with the expected results and behavior of the system.
- Extensively used Quality center for Test case Management, Test execution status and defects management.
- Attended Daily Status meetings and reported the test status and plan for the day.
- Created Traceability Matrix by mapping test cases with business requirements.
- Generated weekly Status Reports for Defects and Test Case status, and shared to project team members.
- Dedicated and motivated team player and a self-starter
- Attended daily defect meeting and weekly update meetings with QA Manager to discuss the status of Projects.
- Designed and developed test deliverables such as Test plan, Test Summary Report for testing of selected modules.
- Used the Screen Based Method and designed a Reusable Action for each Screen of the Application.
- Developed detailed Manual Test cases and Scenarios. Studied Requirements and designed manual test cases accordingly.
- Developed Test Plans, wrote Test Cases and executed test cases.
- Involved in functionality and regression testing on web application.
- Executed navigation testing to verify the flow of the application.
- Logged defects, performed defect review, defect tracking & defect closing throughout the testing cycle.
- Categorized bugs based on the severity and interacted with developers to resolve them,
- Prepared BUG report using Microsoft Office,
- Extensively used Microsoft Office Suite of products for documentation and data interpretation,
- Participated in test case review meetings, defect review meetings & weekly status meetings,
- Developed Test cases and Test data scenarios based on the User stories and acceptance criteria's.
- Retrieved records from multiple tables from Oracle Database by using SQL queries.
- Writing SQL queries for Backend Testing and to verify the database updates, inserts and deletions etc., of the records, and validate them.
- Actively participated in walkthroughs and enhancement meetings.
- Worked with Lead BA, Development Lead, QA Manger and Release Manager on Daily basis, and provide weekly status reports of QA team to Product Manager.
- Developed Test Script for Functionality, Security, and Regression testing.