Obtain a responsible and challenging position to utilize and sharpen my domain and technical skills, in an organization which offers professional growth.
- QA Analyst with over 5+ years of diversified work experience testing windows, web, and mobile applications.
- Strong knowledge of the QA and the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Strong knowledge of QA Methodology, Standards, Processes, Methods, and QA Best Practices to validate and ensure the quality of software through testing.
- Skilled in all phases of the Testing Life Cycle including Test Planning, Test Preparation, and Test Execution.
- Experience in writing test plans, defining test cases, developing and maintaining test scripts according to the business specification given.
- Experience with various black box testing methods including Positive, Negative, Data Integrity, Acceptance, Cross Browser Compatibility, Error and Error Recovery, etc.
- Proven experience in both Manual Testing and Automated Test methodologies.
- Experience in using Testing Tools for Test Management and Automated Development including HP’s QuickTest Professional and Quality Center with Client /Server, Web, Database, API and GUI Testing.
- Experience in testing of Web-based, Window-based, and client-based applications on Windows Operating Systems.
- Work closely with Developers, Business Analysts, and Subject Matter experts to help facilitate the quick resolution of issues / defects found during testing.
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively on a project to all key members onshore and offshore.
- Knowledge with Defect Tracking systems including HP Quality Center, Bug Tracker, and IBM’s Clear Quest.
- Excellent attention to details, problem solving skills and “out of the box” thinking.
- Database knowledge in Access, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Excellent organizational skills, goal-oriented attitude, and a quick learner.
- Self-Starter, excellent team player with strong analytical skills combined with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Operating Environment: Windows XP/NT/2000/Vista/Windows 7, MacOS
Software Platforms: HP Quality Center 11, QTP 11, JIRA, MS Office,
Databases: MS SQL Server2005 and 2008, Oracle 10i
Other tools and technologies: Adobe CS, Flash applications, PDF, FTP, SQL, Agile, VBScript, HTML, C#
- BS in Applied Informatics.
- Multiple QA courses and webinars.
Oct 2009 to April 2012
Project Description: Hired to support the testing of new client configurations including new development and upgrades to applications in Hewitt’s Human Resource Outsourcing Division. Hewitt Associates handles 240 million HR-related customer interactions a year for over 21 million employees and retirees spread across 30+ clients in 100 different countries.
- Responsible for coordinating testing activities including test case development, tracking testing coverage, and execution.
- Tests Web, Windows, and ERP applications across the HR Outsourcing and Hewitt Internal Business Divisions.
- Worked with the Subject Matter Experts and the Technical Team to review requirements and finalize testing scope.
- Defined and created test plans to communicate the test strategies.
- Performed Unit, Integration, End-to-End, and Regression testing.
- Tracking and analyzed testing coverage using a requirement traceability matrix. Responsible for identifying gaps of coverage.
- Identified and created test scenarios and test cases to validate all test conditions positive and negative.
- Partnered with offshore testing teams on test case development and test execution.
- Worked with the business to assist in creating test cases for use during user acceptance testing.
- Tested and validated interface functionality both outbound and inbound.
- Created SQL queries to validate back end functionality.
- Used Quality Center for tracking requirements, creating tests, execution and defect management.
- Assisted in coordination the user acceptance test phase and assisted users during execution.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure defects were resolved.
- Reported to the QA Manager status of testing.
- Escalated issues when required.
Technology: SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle E-Business Suite, Java, .NET, HTML, and Mercury’s Quality Center
June 2008 to Sept 2009
Project Description: Worked as a QA Analyst on a Online Payment Solution and Tracking Implementation project giving WellPoint\'s members the ability to pay bills online and turn off paperless billing saving to help save over 1 million dollars per month in operation costs. WellPoint is the nation’s largest health benefits company in terms of medical membership, with34 million members in its affiliated health plans and more than70 million individuals served through its subsidiaries.
- Met with Subject Matter Experts and the Technical Leads to review the Business and Technical Requirements.
- Developed a detailed traceability matrix to trace requirements to test scenarios covering all phases of testing.
- Assisted the QA Manager in defining the test plans for each phase of the project.
- Identified and created comprehensive test cases testing positive, negative and data integrity.
- Worked with other QA Teams to plan and prepare for End-to-End Testing.
- Executed tests and reported defects during SIT and End-to-End.
- Performed interface testing between interconnecting systems.
- Utilized HP’s Quality Center for tracking requirements, test case development, test execution, and defect tracking.
- Reported defects to the Development Team and performed Regression Testing when resolved.
- Developed SQL queries to perform data integrity testing.
- Assisted in coordination of UAT testing with the end users, reported defects, and worked with development to ensure problems were resolved.
- Captured change requests from end users and reported these to the PM for decision making.
- Attended development status meetings, daily team meetings, and defect review meetings.
- Responsible for reporting weekly status to the QA manager.
- Worked closely the project manager, reporting progress and escalating issues.
- Communicated testing status weekly at the project review meeting and the weekly release meeting.
Technology: PeopleSoft AP, AR, GL, Quality Center, HTML, and Java
Software QA Tester
Feb 2007 to May 2008
Project Description: Brought in to assist in the planning and execution efforts of the unit, integration, regression, and the user acceptance test phases of Reliant’s upgrade to their Human Resource System. Reliant Energy is an industry leader in almost every aspect of the energy and petrochemical business who employs and manages over 90,000 employees. The upgrade was to go from a windows based application to a web application.
- Worked with subject matter experts to review business and technical requirements then translate those into test cases.
- Developed and executed manual test cases to test functionality, data integrity, and negative scenarios.
- Developed SQL queries to perform data integrity testing.
- Utilized Mercury’s Quality Center for storing requirements, test case development, execution and defect tracking.
- Worked closely with the UAT end users while testing was conducted and reported any UAT related defects to the developers.
- Created automated scripts to test critical unit, integration, and end-end business scenarios using QuickTest Professional.
- Communicated defects found during testing to development team using Quality Center and ensured all high and urgent priority defects were resolved prior to implementation.
- Provided the QA Manager and Project Manager with Weekly Reports on Testing Status and Open defects.
- Attending Defect Meetings and took part in the development meeting discussions.
Technology: PeopleSoft HRMS, Oracle, HP’s Quality Center and QuickTest Professional.
Graphic Design and Marketing Assistant
May 2004 to June 2006
- Responsible for all online and onside representation, printed materials and advertisement.
- Inventory organization and management.
- Creating and coordinate all promotional and marketing products, as well as all publications and advertisement
- Preparing all print, web and multimedia materials.
- Creating and managing multiple websites.
- Responsible for all electronic presentations and printed materials, prepare and store electronic inventory and another files.
- Creating and adjusting files and images.
- Helping with event setup and coordination.
- Preparing and setup 3 international exhibitions.
Tools: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-Design, Corel Draw, Paint Shop Pro, Corel Painter,
Flash, Swish, Dreamweaver, FrontPage, FTP, PDF, Power Point, MS Office applications.