- Around 8.5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing.
- Good experience in System Analysis, Design, Estimation, Test Bed setup, Manual and Automation testing in Multi-platform Environments.
- Strong working knowledge of QA Methodologies, Processes, Procedures, Validations, Approaches, Best Practices, Guidelines and Standards.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Object Oriented Methodology, Capability Maturity Model, Agile Methodologies and Rational Unified Process.
- Experience in testing Client-Server, Web-based, Java, .Net, Legacy, Enterprise Portal, Embedded, Web Services and E-commerce applications.
- Well versed in Black box testing and White box testing.
- Experience in coding and testing Embedded Systems.
- Worked with various clients, for different domains including Logistics, Insurance, Finance, Airlines, Services, Content Management, Banking, Telecom and Embedded Systems.
- Well versed in working on various Operating Systems like Windows, Sun Solaris, Mac2, MS-DOS, UNIX and Linux.
- Experience in interacting with Customers, Management, Developers and Business Analysts to identify Needs, initiate Process Changes and resolve Issues.
- Excellent experience in Release Management, Production Support and Deployment.
- Expertise in developing and executing Manual and Automation Test Strategies that delivers substantial ROI and measurable increase in QA Effectiveness.
- Experience in Team Leading, Mentoring, Root Casue Analysis, Implementing New Processes and Technologies.
- Well versed in analyzing Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Technical Specifications and Use Cases for preparing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Data and Test Reports.
- Planning, Scheduling and Tracking of Test Automation and Manual Projects.
- Experience in Integration, System, Regression, Database, XML, Unit, Load, Stress, Volume, Performance,Compatibility, UAT (User Acceptance Testing), Internationalization, Security, Exploratory, Usability and UI testing.
- Expertise in Defect Reporting, Analyzing, Tracking, Closing and Report Generation, using various Defect Tracking Tools.
- Effective in generating various Test Metrics related to Test Cases, Defects and SLAs.
- Good Experience in Automation tools like QTP (Quick Test Professional), Quality Center, WinRunner, Service Test, SilkTest, LoadRunner and Performance Center.
- Expertise in creating Automated Test Scripts using VBScript in QTP, C-Like Language in LoadRunner and TSL in WinRunner.
- Experience in Framework Models of QTP.
- Well versed in Data Driven Testing (DDT) and creating Reusable Modular functions.
- Expertise in using 3 components of LoadRunner, VUGen, Controller and Analysis.
- Well versed in creating load Scripts and Scenarios using Performance Center.
- Good Exposure to Quality Center Administration.
- Trouble shooting issues in Test Tools, Quality Center, QTP and LoadRunner.
- Expertise in preparing Test summary reports by analyzing the test results of Automation tools, QTP, LoadRunner and WinRunner.
- Good experience in Product Testing.
- Well versed in using SQL queries to interact with Oracle and MS SQL databases.
- Good Experience in testing SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) / Web Services using LoadRunner, Service Test and SOAPUI.
- Achieved Awards for Best Performance and Best Project.
- Well versed in Unix Shell Scripting and Perl.
- Good knowledge of Configuration Management and Data Warehouse Testing.
- Involved in QA/QC Process and Standards Task Force activities, at organizational level.
- Good Team Player, Strong Work Ethic, taking Ownership of Duties and Responsibilities.
- Strong Communication, Documentation, Interpersonal, Leadership, Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
M.C.A (Master of Computer Applications) from Bharathidasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India.
LoadRunner, Quick Test Professional (QTP), Service Test, WinRunner, Performance Center, Test Director, Quality Center, QA Director, SilkTest, ACE, JUnit, SOAPUI, Web Services, Adobe Flex, Rational ClearQuest, Track Record, TrackBug, Bugzilla, TrackMe, RADAR.
MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, TOAD.
C, C++, COBOL, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic, ASP.Net, VB.Net.
ASP, JSP, Swing, AWT, JFC
Windows, UNIX, Linux, Mac2, MS-Dos, Sun Solaris.
MS-Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Outlook, MS-Project.
Version Control Tools
VSS, CVS, Rational ClearCase, PVCS.
Client: Confidential, Atlanta, GA Aug'08 - Present
Senior QA Analyst
SDR (Software Distribution Renewal) distributes Software across Servers and Workstations. SDR is related to infrastructure renewal, which facilitates retirement of the existing ADS and provides flexibility to the Software Distribution Model. Baggage Web Service retrieves the itinerary information of Bags. Hints Web Service is called when SkyMiles members change the pin.
- Analyzing Project requirements and coordinating with Project Manager, BA, Users and Development teams.
- Preparation of Test Plans, conducting Walkthroughs, reviewing Test Documents and Estimation.
- Taking initiatives regarding Process, Metrics Collection and Automation.
- Preparation of Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts and effective execution.
- System, Integration, Regression, Performance, Compatibility, Load, Stress, UI, Usability, XML, UAT and Database testing.
- Failover/Recovery, Interface, and User Validation testing for simulated Systems.
- Preparation of Test Data for Manual and Automaton testing.
- Identifying Automation Scenarios and using VBScript to create/enhance scripts in QTP.
- Creating Data driven scripts (DDT) for Functional and Regression testing.
- Adding Check-Points, Creating Actions and Parameterization in QTP.
- Functional testing of SOA / Web Services using LoadRunner's VUGen and SOAPUI.
- Extreme Value, Null Value and Functional Testing of Web Services using Service Test.
- Modifying XML Requests as per the requirements, to test Web Services.
- Involved in preparation of Load Test Plan and Strategy.
- Determining Transactions per Second, Transaction Response Time, Number of VUsers, Throughput and Error behavior using LoadRunner's Controller.
- Analyzing and generating Reports in HTML and MS Word in Load Runner's Analysis.
- Establishing Traceability between the modules in Quality Center.
- Using Microsoft Add-ins to import Requirements into Quality Center.
- Defect Reporting, Analyzing, Tracking and Report Generation in Quality Center.
- Working as a good interface between Client, Management, development and QA teams.
- Verifying Server logs for issues and initiate discussions to analyze and resolve them.
- Maintaining the Test Environments.
- Guiding and mentoring team members.
- Creating and executing SQL Scripts on SQL *Plus to perform Back-end testing on Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Testing the application for Data integrity and Consistency.
- Preparation of Release Notes and Test Summary Reports for major Releases.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, ASP.Net, VBScript, Oracle, Jboss, Tuxedo, TIBCO, Web Services, Windows, UNIX, Linux, Eclipse, XHTML, XML, Tivoli, QTP, LoadRunner, Service Test, Quality Center, Rational ClearCase, SQL Server, SQL, SOAPUI.
Client: Confidential, Netherlands Jan'07 - Jun'08
PGGM is the second largest Pension fund in Netherlands, which administers the pension scheme for healthcare and social work sector. WOD interacts with multiple interfaces for calculating and fetching the information from Back-End Systems.
- Requirements and Use Cases Analysis, conducting Walkthroughs & Inspections, Estimation, reviewing Test Cases and Automating Scripts.
- Preparation of Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data.
- Performed Integration, System, Usability, Compatibility, Database, Load, High Volume, Sanity, UI and Regression Testing.
- Learned business functionality proactively and acquired good system knowledge.
- Quick Escalation of critical defects & communication between the teams on timely basis.
- Explored a tool called Definite IT, to generate test cases from use cases.
- Defect Reporting, Analyzing, Tracking and Report Generation, using RADAR tool.
- Worked as a Defect Prevention Manager and effectively reduced the defect count.
- Executed Batch Files from the Application to generate Pension Reports.
- Test Automation using QTP for Functional and Regression testing.
- Identified Automation Scenarios, added Parameterization and Check-Points to Scripts.
- Enhanced QTP Scripts using VBScript.
- Preparation of test data files for negative and positive Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Used SOAPUI to test SOA / Web Services, for interfaces fetching real time data.
- Customizing XML Requests to test Web Services functionality.
- Verified whether the XML Requests sent from SOAPUI are present in the Queues.
- Preparation of Load Test Scenarios and Check Lists.
- Created VUser Scripts using LoadRunner's VUGen.
- Performed Load and Stress tests from LoadRunner's Controller, to find Transactions per Second, Transaction Response Time, Throughput and Permissible Users.
- Evaluated Performance Center tool for performance testing.
- Used Performance Center for testing Scalability and Peak Loads.
- Worked on Delivery management from QA team.
- Verified Server logs for issues and performed Root Cause Analysis.
- Deployment and Maintenance of Test Beds.
- Created and used Traceability Matrix for transparency and dependency chart, for understanding the requirements and interfaces involved in the application.
- Executed SQL Queries on MS SQL Client to perform Back-end testing on SQL Server.
- Coordinated between Off-shore and On-Site teams on a day to day basis.
- Ensured timely deliverables of Daily and Weekly Status Reports, Summary Reports with Analysis of Defects and number of Test Cases created / executed Cycle wise.
Environment: ASP.NET, C#.NET, SQL, Windows, MS SQL Client, SQL Server, XHTML, XML, VSS, VBScript, RADAR, QTP, LoadRunner, Performance Center, VSS, SOAPUI, MSMQ.
Client: Confidential, Charlotte, NC Feb'06 - Dec'06
QA Lead / Senior QA Analyst
Remote Banking is a comprehensive integrated application software solution, which has been developed to extend the facility of banking right into the consumer's Desk. The System consists of secured and non-secured products and services.
- Gathering Business requirements and High-level specifications from BA.
- Analyze Project Requirements and Create Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Data.
- Coordinated with CM and tech lead about the Installation, Build and Test Environment.
- Stood as a point of contact for environment support and resolving issues.
- Worked on technical and functional aspects of testing KYC and CA modules.
- Functional, Regression, End to End, UI and Usability testing.
- Developed Design Specifications, Test Plans, Scope and Change Request documents.
- Worked as a back-up for Quality Center Administration.
- Used Adobe Flex to verify data, throughput and time response of the application.
- Evaluated QTP (Quick Test Professional) tool for automating functional testing.
- Generated re-usable functional Scripts using QTP.
- Created Smoke Test Suite using QTP.
- Coordinated with Project Manager, Business Analysts and Development teams.
- Effectively communicated with other teams about Design modifications.
- Preparation of Release Notes.
- Defect Logging, Tracking and Report Generation using Quality Center.
- Taking initiatives regarding Metrics Collection and Knowledge Sharing.
- Developed the Training Handouts and Turnover documents.
Client: Confidential, San Jose, CA Dec'04 - Feb'06
Senior Test Engineer
Confidential, is a marketplace in which one person can securely sell to another person. eBay is an integrated collection of sites and special areas and is not a homogeneous site. Customers can shop on eBay and participate in the world\'s largest online community of buyers and sellers.
- Effective Test Case Design, Test Data preparation and Execution.
- Actively participated in 'Root Cause Analysis' discussions for defects and generated Reports, which helped in reducing defect count.
- System, Internationalization, Usability, Compatibility, UI, Regression Testing.
- Logged and maintained bugs in Rational ClearQuest.
- Ensured Traceability for requirements and Test Cases.
- Ensured timely deliverables of Daily and Weekly Status Reports, Overall Summary Reports with Graphical Analysis of Bugs and Test Cases executed.
- Quick Escalation and Tracking of Issues related to PRD, using TrackMe tool.
- Communication between clients and the team on timely basis through calls and emails.
- Creation and maintenance of Test Cases and Test Scripts in ACE tool.
- Functional and Regression testing using SilkTest.
- Performed 508 Compliance Test using Hermish tool and generated test reports.
- Verified the exceptions through CALLOG tool.
- Established connectivity and interacted with Oracle database using Perl's DBI module.
- Created / modified Perl Scripts for data validation and backend Report generation.
- Effective coordination between development, BA and testing teams.
Environment: Windows API, XML, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Netscape Navigator, Java, Servlets, JSP, Hibernate, WebSphere, Tomcat, Windows, JDBC, Oracle, CERT, ACE, SilkTest, Hermish, Perl, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, CALLOG, TrackMe.
Client: Confidential, Atlanta, GA Jan'03 - Sep'04
Senior Test Engineer
Confidential, application allows customers to order new telephone service, independent of Call Center hours of operation. The application is interfaced to back-end legacy system. The back-end system is interfaced with credit bureaus to check the credit history.
- Participated in team discussions for requirement analysis, design, test requirements and implementation strategies.
- Created Test plans, Test Cases, analyzed User Requirements and Functional Design Specification documents.
- Preparation of test data files for negative and positive test cases.
- Performed manual testing for the modules, Send Error Transaction reports, Value Added services, Exception alerts and validations.
- GUI, Functional, Usability, Regression, System, Integration, Compatibility, EDI Data Validation, Volume, Stress and Performance Testing.
- Participated in walkthroughs, inspections and reviews with BAs and developers, establishing quality policy conformance.
- Created SQL Scripts in TOAD tool to perform Back-end testing on Oracle database, to verify interface files, data extraction, data uploads and conversion process.
- Logging and Tracking bugs in Test Director.
- Conducted Load, Stress and Transaction testing using LoadRunner.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to reduce test execution steps for complex test cases.
- Production Support, reviewing production logs, resolving discrepancies in data, understanding the error reports and testing them.
- Generated detailed Summary reports of the Bugs, Pass-Fail report, Comparison Chart and Orthogonal defect Classification metrics for production issues.
- Actively worked in White Box Testing by performing Unit testing and Integration testing, with the help of development team.
- Created Test environment for QTP Automation.
- Involved in creating and maintaining an automated framework environment.
- Created re-usable Test Scripts in QTP.
Client: Confidential, New York, NY Mar'02 - Dec'02
RCI (Resorts Condominiums International) offers various services and products to its affiliated resorts.CAMS (Cendant Applications Management System) is a web application for Cendant Hotels. HFMS (Hotel Franchise Mapping System) is used by field and corporate personnel for Property Openings and Franchise Administration.
- Requirements Study, Understanding and Analysis.
- Effective Test Case Design, Test Data preparation and Execution.
- Preparation of Test Plan, Traceability Matrix and Release Notes.
- System, Usability, UI, Exploratory and Regression Testing.
- Defect Reporting, Analyzing, Tracking and Closing using Bugzilla and Track Record.
- Ensured timely deliverables, Daily / Weekly Status Reports, Overall Summary Reports.
- Quick Escalation of bugs & communication between client and the team on timely basis.
- Effective coordination with development team.
- Performed 508 Compliance Test using Hermish tool and generated test reports.
- Implemented Automation using TSL in WinRunner.
- Product Testing and Production Support.
- Tested the Application in various stages like Local, Integration, QA and UAT.
- Created SQL Scripts to perform Back-end testing on the SQL Server.
Environment: WebLogic, iPlanet, Mainframe application system, VB, ASP, ASP.NET, VSS, SQL Server, Informix, DB2, UNIX, Sun Solaris, Track Record, JGate, EVS1, DBL, Tibco Rendezvous (EAI Platform), Apache, Java, JSP, Applets, JDBC, Oracle, CVS, WinRunner, Webxact, Hermish, Interwoven's Teamsite, Open Deploy, Data Deploy, SQL, ASP Server, EDW, Bugzilla.
Client: Confidential, Chennai, India Apr'01 - Mar'02
Developer, Embedded Systems
MDISC (My Digital Music Disc) is a compact MP3 player, which plays user selected songs sequentially from Flash Media. Minimal Server translates existing C++ functions into Assembler and extends the server functions.
- Requirements Study and Understanding.
- Developed SCSI Modules to read mp3 files and play them.
- Worked on DM-E board, Jumper Clip and Flash memory.
- Developed FAT 12 and FAT 32 modules in C language and executed in C51 complier.
- Performed unit testing of modules and involved in code reviews.
- Documented and executed Test Cases for System and Regression Testing.
- Defect Reporting and Test Reporting.
- Coordinated with Development team for Defect Analysis
Environment: Keil Software, 8051 Microcontroller, Flash Memory Chip, 128 MB Digital Media Reader, DM-E Board, Visual Studio, Assembler, C, C++, TrackBug.