Seeking a QA Engineer/Analyst position that enables me to contribute to the organization by improving quality of applications and systems where I can utilize my strong academic, analytical and testing skills in client/server and Web environment.
Offering Six+ years of diversified IT experience in developing Test strategy comprising of Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test Reports, automation testing of various Client/Server and Web applications.
Specialized in test automation using WinRunner.
Specific experience includes:
- Analyzing Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Business Requirement Document (BRD) and System Design Specification (SDS) to develop Test Plan, Test Conditions and Test Scripts
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in with Test planning, Test execution and Test Results Analysis.
- Proficient in Functional, Negative, Regression, System Integration (SIT), User Acceptance (UAT), Browser compatibility, and Backend Database testing
- Prepare Test Effort Estimate, Manage Test schedule and resources
- Interact with the Business Analysts in order to write Test Strategies, Test Plans and documenting Test Scope
- Developed documentation as required for assigned projects, including UAT Test cases, Status Reports, Milestone Checkpoints and other mandatory SDLC Documents for several projects.
- Experience working with the projects based on AGILE methodology
- Knowledge of Investment Banking, Risk Management, Credit Approval process and CDO Rating and Support Methodology.
- Developed TSL scripts using WinRunner 7.0/6.0 for GUI, Data Driven, Functionality and Screen Navigation testing.
- Analyzed performance of Web-server, Application-sever and Database-server in various virtual users load.
- Extensive use of SQL queries for Back-end and data driven testing.
- Extensively used TestDirector , Clearquest and Jira for reporting defects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, self starter, quick learner, team player
Operating System :
Windows, Unix, MS-DOS
Oracle 8i, MS-SQL Server 7.0, MS-Access
WinRunner 7.0/6.0, LoadRunner 7.51/6.5
Bug Tracking System:
Rational ClearQuest, Jira, TestDirector
MS Office, Adobe Tools and Doc2Help
Confidential,New York, NY – Lead QA Analyst (Mar 2005 to Present)
- Consulted with Confidential,Risk Management Group.
- Worked with the QA Team and made significant contributions towards the Implementation of the Credit Risk Interface (CRI), a single automated global platform that caters to over 20000 risk management associates across all 4 Global Regions (JENA, ASIA, CEEMEA, and LATAM) by providing access to the automated Work Flow Engine and all other relevant Risk applications.
- Other significant Projects: CEPAAC to CRI Conversion, Single Data Center, CDO – Support Stream, Global Entitlements, Mexico CACLS to Rapid Migration
- Actively involved in QA planning and offshore co-ordination efforts for multiple projects and QA initiatives.
- Authored Test Plan, Test cases, Effort Estimate and various other Testing Documentation
- Facilitated meetings with Project Leads, Dev Leads to track and resolve the Issues, Risks and Action Items
- Managed and maintained the project repository with all relevant QA documents (SharePoint Repositories)
- Performed extensive Manual testing for the entire application suite.
- Authored Master Test Plans, Test Cases and other SDLC Artifacts (Release Tracker, Test Closure reports, Post Project Analysis)
- Execute Test Cases, Verify Test results and Report successful and failed test cases.
- Reviewed System Test Cases, Defects for Performance Metrics, Defect Metrics which detailed the testing scope, strategy, hi-level test requirements, validation and necessary resources.
- Develop Bandwidth Testing and Change Control Test procedures
- Distributed Meeting Minutes and Status Reports to the Project Leads and Senior management.
- Gathered feedback from QA, Dev and Database teams through standard lessons learned templates.
- Involved with the entire SDLC – Planning, Scheduling, Requirements, Analysis and Design, Build, Functional Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Production deployment
- Analyzed user requirements, attended Daily status meetings to document changes and implemented procedures to test changes.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing on completion of system integration testing before installation of the product on Production environment.
Environment: Java, Web Logic, Web Sphere, Iplanet, Citi Vision, Staffware, ALBPM, Oracle 8i, SQL, Windows NT/ 2000, Rational Suite
Confidential,NJ – QA Analyst (February 2004 – Jan 2005)
The Drug File System is an extensive repository of drug information and provided means for efficient dispensing and pricing of drugs in pharmacies all over the country. The prescription requirements are being monitored with the check status of the orders made by the customers; coverage and pricing and drug information are some of the salient features of the system.
- Develop and update Test plans, Test Matrixes, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases for Drug File System application
- Reviewed requirements for testability and usability, consulted development staff with regards to system functionality
- Involved in life cycle testing, functionality testing, regression testing, performance testing, black box testing, unit testing, defect tracking and testing for accuracy in work flow plans.
- Reviewed System Test Plans and Test Cases for Performance Metrics, which detailed the testing scope, strategy, hi-level test requirements, validation and necessary resources.
- Developed Data and individual test cases to satisfy positive and negative testing.
- Testing nightly process. Tracking through draw table, create transactions in transactions table.
- Performed data integrity testing by executing SQL statements.
- Created Text, Table, Image, and Standard text checkpoints, using Winrunner
- Created and executed automated Winrunner TSL scripts
- Analyzed user requirements, attended Change Request meetings to document changes and implemented procedures to test changes using Test Director.
- Developed and conducted User Acceptance Test plans on completion of system testing before installation of the product on user environment.
Environment: Java, HTML, Web Sphere, Oracle 8i, SQL, PL/SQL, TSL, Windows NT/ 2000, WinRunner, Test Director.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering