3 years of experience in IT Industry in Financial and Enterprise resource planning domain across IT domain, complimented by thorough knowledge of Quality assurance processes, Check lists, Business Validations and Verifications.
- Experienced in developing Test Plans and Test-Case Designs based on User requirements, specifications and Systems requirement documents.
- Well versed in conducting different kinds of tests such asSystem test, Integration test, Regressiontest, User acceptance test, Smoke test, Ad hoc test, Load/Performance, Volume and Stress test etc.
- SQL Server: Familiar with SQL Query, developing database queries for Backend Testing, Scripting language, Excel, and Data management tools.
- Experience in testing Web-based and Client-Server applications on different environments.
- Security testing tool: Working knowledge of App Scan security testing tool for finding vulnerabilities of web applications.
- Tools: Used PVCS tracker for requirement management, test case management and defect logging purposes.
Education & Training
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Bachelor of Science
- Certificate Programs in Quality Assurance
- Training in Web ApplicationsTesting
Industry, Doman, Tools & Technology
- Domain: Financial, ERP
- Tools: PVCS Tracker, VMware, App Scan
Confidential, West Chester, PA Feb '11 onwards
Working as a member of the QA group, I am responsible for testing activities for various projects.
Project: Video Streaming: .NET based online video streaming system for clients. The system has customer management functionality with related video servers and configuration along with registration and survey capabilities for the viewers.
- Responsible for creating High Level & Low level test case book and QA strategy document of the releases.
- DB validation test scenarios demanded independently writing SQL query to ensure quality and accuracy of the Data.
- Performed Security testing for finding SQL injection vulnerabilities in the application due to its exposure to internet.
- Responsible for managing defect reporting, prioritizing, marking severity and verification of fixes.
- Due to the vast spread clientele, support for multiple versions and type of browser required thorough Browser Compatibility Testing of the application.
Project: Fee Calculation system: Java based fee calculation and vehicle dispatch system for an on line auction company. The system dispatches the crashed vehicles towed by a salvage company to a salvage yard. Business rules determine how much fee to be charged to the insurance companies when the vehicle is auctioned off on line.
- Responsible for defect tracking, executing test cases and regression testing.
- Implemented test case matrix format for maintaining test casebook. Test case matrix was proven to be a flawless way of tracking/handling vast variety of data scenarios warranted by the project.
- Due to the dynamic nature of the project, distinctive approach of managing test case grouping helped project to meet its tight deadline.
- To ensure coverage of the test scenarios, Peer review of test cases written by other team members were part of the responsibilities.
Confidential, New Delhi, India Feb 04 - Aug '06
Worked as a QA associate on multiple projects, I was responsible for preparing & executing test cases, Defect logging and maintenance.
Project: Adroit loan and deposit system: Involved in the testing of different enhancements to the Loan Management System. Executing test cases for the entire cycle of loan, starting from defining criteria for loans, getting applicant details, verifying applicant details, approve loan, disbursing loan, repayment details, penalties and loan closure. My QA responsibilities included:
- Understanding the Product/Business requirements and translating them in to test case books.
- Preparing test strategy documents for different test phases for various releases.
- Working collaboratively with business leads and analysts to define and refine business requirements and provide early feedback.
- Reviewing unit testing specifications and unit test cases prepared by the technical team.
- Performing UI tests, functional tests, configuration and compatibility tests, performance, load and stress tests.
- Security testing using App-scan to uncover threats from the web.
- Identifying and suggesting process improvements.
- Occasional manual performance testing due to the growing data need of the project.
- Defect reporting, tracking, prioritizing and timely closure of the defects in organized manner.
- Functional validation of environment before releasing it to the consumer.