To develop my career as a Quality Assurance Tester to work as a self-motivated individual and also to be a valuable team player assigned in multi-member team to work as a team.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Information Technology (IT) with focus on Quality Assurance and Validation Services (QA). Involved in web based and Client-Server applications Software Testing build on different platforms / environments. Strong knowledge of all phases ofSoftware Development Life Cycle (SDLC) associated with working knowledge of various phase of Software testing (Namely :- System Testing , Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Graphical User Interface (GUI) Testing and User Acceptance Testing Support).
- Experienced in developing Test Strategy and defining Testing Methodologies. Designing Test Plans and Developing Test Cases, Verifying and Validating Web based e-Commerce applications. Documentation as per the requirements based on standards forSoftware Development and effective QA implementation.
- ExpertiseinManual/FunctionalTesting. Well versed in conducting different kinds of tests such asSystem, Integration, Regression, Smoke, (Testing) etc.
- Proficient in all cycles of testing life cycle from test planning to defect tracking and managing defects lifecycle.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationship with various Stakeholders such as Management, Clients and Team Members. Have knowledge to work closely with software development team, business analyst, and end user team, to effectively test new products and product enhancements in the Software Application.
- Extensive experience in coordinating testing effort, responsible for test deliverables, status reporting to management, issue escalations.
- Good experience in preparation of Software Test Bed, replication of problems and generation of bug report.
- Has good Domain Knowledge of Financial Services such as Banking processes and Loan Origination processes.
- Develop and Maintain Test Scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with various stakeholders in fixing the defects.
- Excellent technical & analytical skills as well as logical & reporting skills.
Testing Tools : Quality Center (QC)
Methodologies :Waterfall, Agile (SDLC)
Office Software : Visio, MS Word, Advanced Excel, Power point
Operating Systems : UNIX, Linux, Windows 2003, Windows XP
Duration of Job: Sep2009-Dec2011
Software Quality Tester
Project Description: Confidential,USA provides types of Banking Products to its customer. The Projects involves an online application designed for Portfolio management and Customer Access System for the end User. It is J2EE Web-based application providing various online banking services such as allows customer to open the account online, maintain the account online and transfer all accounts system to online portfolio management system. Customers can open the account using this application through Internet, transfer the funds between different accounts and check their balances.
- Involved in analyzing system design specifications and accordingly develop Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Export Test cases into theQuality Center,perform Manual System testing using the test cases from test lab and log defects in defects module.
- Standard software testing life cycle (STLC) to perform different types of testing.
- Participated in peer review meeting for creation of Test Scenario and Test Cases.
- Create standard testing life cycle flow diagram and presented to Test Team.
- Participated to create Test Analysis reports(TAR)and exported into Quality Center.
- Developed and maintained traceability matrix between requirements, Test Cases and defects to cover functionality testing.
- Worked with Mainframe (Integrated) Test lead to ensure various dataflow from the Front End Upstream Source System [Online J2EE Application] to the Final Back End Downstream Destination System [Mainframe System].
- Ensured that in the integrated environment data flowed from various interfaces correctly and the whole transactions data was sync up in all frontend / backend application appropriately.
- Interacted with Bank Relationship manager (RM) to ensure duplicate account data is not created in Customer Information system (CIS). This is to ensure that there is no duplicate information logged in the system when users open the account online.
- Met with various stakeholders to present future functionality of theapplication, gather information from them to know about their need and send this information to test manager.
- Co-ordinate User Acceptance testing (UAT) in the UAT environment for business users prior to Production stage. Documented issues faced during UAT and used the learning to develop new test cases for future release.
- Worked closely with theapplicationDesign and Development Team, Integrated testing team to resolve technical issues and interacted with them to ensure overall quality of the software.
Environment:J2EE, HTML, XML, UNIX, Mainframe, Oracle.
Tools:HP Interactive Tools(Quality Center).
Duration of Job: - Mar2007-Aug2009
Software Test Engineer – (Loan Origination, Servicing and Customer Relationship Management 4.0 (CRM))
Confidential,is a leading technology-based mortgage lender. IndyMac provides mortgage products and services through its business relationship division, IndyMac Mortgage Bank, and its consumer direct division, IndyMac Consumer Bank.
Project Description: This Bank has implemented Microsoft Dynamics CRM as product for maintaining all customer profiles and related information. This application has been customized as per business needs and is capable of tracking customer opportunities. CRM stores personal data, financial details, credit scores, loan details, notes, customer risk ratings and other critical information for any given customer.
- Understanding of the business logic and acquiring sufficient domain knowledge required for the project.
- Analyzed the functional requirements of the projects and performed the functional testing usingManual testing process.
- Managed, Documented and controlled all the Test Cases, test scripts and test results using Quality Center (QC) and also in a status update report using MS Excel.
- Creating test data before start of testing cycles.
- Performed System, Integration and regression testing of all the changes made to this application in each release.
- Created test strategy considering Amortization value for different loan products.
- Involved in testing customizations being delivered by the third party vendors like FEMA for Flood determination Zone.
- Estimation, Scheduling and Review of projects/enhancements.
- Worked with downstream applications to validate Good Faith Estimate and documentation as per Home mortgage disclosure act (HMDA).
- Hot fix testing for urgent production issues.
- Execution test cases and reported bugs using Quality Center.
- Worked with external vendors like Equifax, Fico etc. to validate the credit score of end users, qualifying for loan.
- Worked with Product design team to ensure loan disclosure documents are ready.
- Discussing with stakeholders on impact of application changes.
- Tested application on different environment and platform like Windows and Linux.
- Interact with development team for defect detection, Defect classification, Defect creation, tracking and closure.
- Trained the users for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by using the use cases and explained about each link, tab and search functionalities to the users.
Environment: ASP .Net, MS Dynamics CRM, Oracle, Mainframes.
Tools:HP Interactive Tools(Quality Center).
Company Name: - Confidential,Pune, India
Duration of Job: - June 2006-Dec 2006
Confidential,provides consultancy for Design of Mechanical/HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing services, with a focus on Green Building solutions with LEEDS compliance.
Project Description: The project was on in-house built Software tool named “Pro-BS” at S.N Joshi Consultant to build relevant engineering designs [Plumbing flow /Electrical Flow / Heat Ventilation and Air Conditioning]. Involved in the core team to perform various types of testing, implementation and providing valuable inputs and feedback on the “Pro-BS” tool, that helped evolved it to perfection before been release for actual use at onsite at S.N Joshi.
- Involved in discussions with functional, development and user groups to familiarize with requirements.
- ExecuteManual test casesforFunctional and Regression testing.
- Involved inSystem, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing andRegression testing on different versions of the application.
- Executed Test cases, validatetest results, determinedefects andreport defects.
- Used Quality Center (QC) for tracking, analyzing and documenting defects.
- UpdatedRequirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), send status report and daily tracking report to test manager.
- Carried outIntegration teststo check the interfacing between sub modules.
- PerformedIntegration testingto test the functionality of the modules.
- Was involved in Implementation of Software and Discussion with stakeholders on impact of application changes.
- Created user manual and conducted user training.
Environment:J2EE, SQL, Windows XP.
Tools:HP Interactive Tools(Quality Center).
Bachelor in Engineering