- QA Engineer with over 6 years experience in web-based software application and consumer electronic products.
- Strong knowledge of various software development life cycle aspects such as requirement analysis, Design, Development, Testing & Deployment.
- Proficient in software development life cycle including test strategy preparation, test plan, development, test case creation, test execution and bug tracking.
- Experience working with agile methodology as a part of quality assurance team and also created test cases based on use case testing methodology.
- Hands-on experience using Java, Selenium RC and TestNG using IDE like Eclipse.
- Developed and maintain automated test scripts.
- Analyzed business requirements, software requirement specifications to create test plan and test case for manual and automated testing.
- Experienced in different types of testing, for Example Functional, GUI, System, Regression, Integtration and UAT testing.
- Created detailed QA documentation including QA reports, actively participated in SQA and project status meetings.
- Strong experience in Configuration tools like CVS and SVN.
- Ability to grasp new technologies and to correctly apply new tools to build applications. Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Java, J2SE, TestNG, XML.
Apache Tomcat, Jetty.
SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, REST.
Log/Test/Version Control Tools:
Apache Log4J, CVS, SVN.
Bug Tracking Tool:
Elementool, Jira, Bugzilla, Footprints.
Confidential, June 2011 – present
QA Automation Engineer
ExactBid provides web-based procurement and workflow management systems for real estate lenders and the real estate due diligence industry -- appraisers, property inspectors, environmental and geotechnical consultants, and others. ExactBid designs and operates secure, world-class systems to enhance the efficiency of their businesses.
- Perform manual and automated testing of a web-based application.
- Interacted with business analysts and developers in requirement analysis, design reviews, testing and documentation for application developed in agile environment.
- Responsible for build validation process on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and document the significant New Integration features and software components that will require testing.
- Followed and implemented testing strategies and approaches to be employed.
- Assisted in writing the Test Strategy to be used for functional, regression, integration, and end to end smoke testing.
- Involved in the Project in the Regression Cycle mainly testing the complex module i.e. Real Time Publishing meeting the deadline.
- Write SQL queries to validate that actual test results match expected results.
- Prepared the traceability matrices to fill the gap between the requirements and the test cases covered.
- Manage the load and verification process for new client\'s initial data before release to Production, working with other QA Engineers to ensure that any client-specific business rules are applied correctly.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium RC, TestNg and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Have implemented all the scripts using TestNG Annotations.
- Configured each test case with XML for every customer site using annotations.
- Participate in testing activities, in collaboration with the development and production teams, to ensure satisfactory performance of end-user reporting.
- Document test results and defects via Bugzilla.
Environment: Java, J2SE, Eclipse, selenium, SQL, CVS, CSS, XML, TestNG, Windows-XP.
Confidential, April 2009 – May 2011
QA Automation Engineer
Q1A is next generation portal for hiring managers, Candidates & recruiters.
- Actively participated in Product and Engineering requirement meetings.
- Designed and implemented test cases for core front end components.
- Interacted with product management teams in the review and analysis of functional requirements.
- Responsible for updating regression tests and issue documentation.
- Developed and executed the test scripts with Selenium and Java.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNg framework.
- Performed test code review of java with developers
- Written test cases in test driven approach with mock objects and well-defined interfaces.
- Participated in GUI level testing for purchase and senses web pages.
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Responsible for capturing defects, creating defect report.
- Developed test plan, test strategy and reviewed with peers.
- Attended for all weekly QE status meetings and provided status update.
Environment: Java, J2SE, Eclipse, selenium, SQL, CVS, XML, TestNG, Windows-XP.
Confidential,CA Feb 2008 – Mar 2009
Confidential,based in Sunnyvale, California, is a leading provider of digital solutions for the digital entertainment and digital imaging markets. With over two decades of expertise developing and delivering digital signal processing technologies, Zoran has pioneered high-performance digital audio and video, imaging applications and Connect Share Entertain™ technologies for the digital home.
- Perform tests on various zoran development platforms based on various zoran SOCs, as well as on TV products. QA and bug fix verification as needed.
- Update current test cases develop new test cases to include existing and new features such as
- IPTV, DLNA, USB, MP3, JPEG, and more and share them with other QA Engineers.
- Work on reproducing various customers and internally reported issues. Work with Engineers to
- Troubleshoot and isolate them as needed. Work on verifications of fixed issues.
- Use various equipments and signal sources for the tests, such as - DVD Players, Blue ray Players, VCRs, Comcast cable and Direct TV set top boxes.
- Use professional Pattern generators like Shibasoku, Fluke, Quantum Data and others are specified in test case
- Create and perform automated tests, using features and tools such as red rat.
- Assist and perform Field Test for various projects.
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
- Preparing the Daily Status Report and Weekly Status Report.
- Reporting of bugs via Footprints application.
Environment: Windows XP, Footprints, MSExcel, MSWord, DLNA, Shibasoku, Fluke, JPEG, Test Plan, Test Cases.
Confidential,Ahmedabad April 2006 – Nov 2007
Confidential,set of Global Customers & Partners which enables in a mobile Aruhat\'s current service portfolio contains SMS, email, Voice Message, efax, Web Development, Web Design, Data Processing, Web Data Extraction, Data Merchandising, Implementation of Mail Servers, Ticketing Systems, CRMs, Mobile Applications for smartphones like Android, iPhone, and Blackberry. Aruhat comprises of 80+ personnel with 200+ Man years of corporate experience, while around 33% of our team has more than 4 years of experience.
- Have helped senior QA Engineers in preparing Test Plan for functional testing.
- Tested GSM and 3G Mobile phones connectivity (Connectivity- Blue tooth, USB and Media Sync).
- Prepared Documentation: Test Scenarios, Test Cases etc. (Manual)
- Well acquainted with Software Development Life Cycle, Testing Life Cycle.
- Ensure the successful delivery of a solution according to business requirements on time, and to the appropriate quality bar.
- Communicates with offshore team members effectively.
- Have tested applications on different Motorola Mobiles phone platforms like ODM, P2K, LJ, EZX, symbian and Windows.
- Excellent Team Player possessing Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Extensive work experience on Sanity Testing, Regression Testing, Functionality testing, Stress Testing and User Interface Testing.
Environment: Windows XP, Elementool, MSExcel, MSWord.
- B.S. in computer Science Engineering