- More than 5 years of experience in delivering critical solutions on various levels of Quality Assurance for Web based, Client/Server on Windows and UNIX.
- Excellent testing experience in all phases and stages of testing with good working knowledge of testing disciplines, tasks, resources and scheduling.
- Good at understanding the Business Requirement Documents, Functional Specifications and Technical Specifications.
- Working Experience in different domains like financial (Banking/investments), insurance, Telecom, health care and loan, lease, Auto, property, Casualty and liability insurances.
- Working experience of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Knowledge and experience in every phase of Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC).
- Good Experience in Manual and Automation testing Using HP tools QuickTest Professional and Quality Center.
- Expertise in preparing Test Plan, Test Summary Reports, Test Cases and Test Scripts for Automated and Manual testing based on the User Requirement Document and System Requirement documents for the Functional, System, (system Integration, Data quality) Performance, Integration, Regression, GUI, UAT, BAT, Security, Load, Database, Smoke/Sanity and Usability testing.
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance metrics, capture and report.
- Proficient in Black Box and White Box Testing.
- Good understanding of Entity Relationship Models and ER-Diagrams.
- Excellent professional skills in reviewing Business Requirements, preparing Test Cases, Test Data, Test case execution, Defect Reporting and Documentation.
- Good Experience in using Quality Centre and Test Director for test management, defect tracking, and reporting tool.
- Proficiency in testing the applications compatibility on UNIX and Windows 95/98/NT4.0/2000/ XP platforms.
- Extensive knowledge of the relational database concepts like Tables, Primary and foreign keys, views proficient in the data manipulation using SQL for the retrieval of data from the relational database (inner joins, outer join, group by, order by, etc.) using SQL Editor and TOAD Environment.
- Strong expertise in MS suite like MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Office Professional, Visio and MS Outlook.
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills with the flexibility of working both individually and as a team member.
Testing Tools : Quality Center (Test Director), WinRunner, QuickTest
Professional, JMeter, Load Runner, RUP, Rational Suite
(ClearCase, Clear Quest, Robot, Requisite Pro, and Test Manager), FIT, PVCS Bug Tracking Tool, Compuware Tools
(Test Partner, QA Run, QA Load, QA Director, Track Record),
GUI Tools : Visual Basic, Developer 2000, Crystal Reports, TOAD
Other Tools SQL Navigator
Databases & RDBMS : Oracle 9i, 10g, MS Access, DB2, SQL, PL/SQL, Sybase,
Teradata, SQL Server 2005
Operating Systems : Windows 98/2000/ NT/XP, UNIX Sun/AIX, LINUX
ETL & Reporting tools : Informatica, Business Objects
Middleware Technologies : CORBA, Visibroker, RMI, TIBCO
Languages : C, C++, .NET, Nunit, JAVA, Junit, ASP.NET
Client: Confidential,Northbrook, IL Jan 11-Present
Role: QA Analyst
Confidential,is one of the major Insurance Companies in North America. The application involved Property and Casualty dealings with relationship to Home Property (Homeowners, Condominiums, Rentals) and Automobile. The functionality of the application is to enable to quote or to purchase new business through Web. The application also enables sharing data across channels (Web, CIC and Agent). Allstate recognizes multiple policy, safety conscious and claim free customers with premium Insurance discounts. The customers are given access to a wide range of options relating to insurance discounts and coverage on auto and property subject to availability, qualifications, situation and State of residence. Based on the quote and the rules of the State from where the automobile/property is registered, the premium is calculated after which a quote is finalized and when the customer enters the credit card information, the purchase is completed.
- Involved in Reviewing the business requirements and Functional requirements.
- Created Test Plans Test Cases and Test Scripts based on the business requirements and reviewed with other team associates.
- Involved in Smoke, Ad Hoc, Functional, Regression and Back end Testing.
- Analyzed requirements, detailed design, and formulated test plan for the functional testing of the application.
- Extensively used Quality center for designing the test cases, executing them and for defects.
- Used Quality Center for tracking, reporting, reviewing and analyzing the defects.
- Communicated between offshore teams and onsite teams for issues raised while testing.
- Actively participated in Enhancement meetings focused on making the application more effective.
- Involved in the tracking and updating of the Requirement Traceability Matrix, thereby linking the test cases with the business requirements as well as other associated test cases in Quality Center.
- Involved in automating applications using QuickTest Pro.
- Performed Functional, Integration and System Testing using QuickTest Pro.
- Maintained the QuickTest Pro automation scripts for enhancement and modifications with the product for releases.
- Executed UNIX commands and worked with UNIX shell scripts to get data from Database tables.
- Conducted system Integration testing in the system test environment to detect defects, end-to-end testing to ensure conformance with the requirements prior to code migration to UAT.
- Participated in everyday standup meetings to discuss the issues arising out of testing.
- Worked closely with developers to recreate defects found and also to verify fixes.
Environment: Quality Centre, QuickTest Pro 9.2, Fit, Load Runner, .Net, NUnit, C#, Visual Studio, Ajax, Agile, Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2005, Unix, Visual Basic, Visual Basic Script, Visual Source Safe, MS-Word, MS-Excel, HTML, XML, Web services, UNIX shell scripts
Client: Confidential,Arlington, VA Feb’09 – Dec 10
Role: QA Analyst
Confidential,is a diversified financial services company offering a broad array of credit, savings and loan products to the customers. Involved in testing, the Primary customer service tool (Odyssey) used by call center agents to service customer requests which is developed in C++ and uses IE Browser, Java scripts, and XML. This application consists of various panels like summary, account, issue, security, payments, person, statements, dispute, service and market which covers major functionalities like balance transfer, close/open accounts, issue plastics and pins, lost/stolen, add primary/secondary/authorized user, activate/zero plate, increase/decrease credit, and generate letters.
- Studied technical design documents, system requirements and business requirements to develop manual and automated test scripts.
- Used Test director to write, execute, and store test cases, and log issues found during testing.
- Used ClearQuest to log defects according to their severity and priority, and assign defects to concerned developers. Involved in changing the state of the defects once they are fixed.
- Used WinRunner and QuickTest Pro to develop automated scripts and execute them.
- Actively participated in weekly and daily pull-up meetings like USCO-CCB, and CCA portfolio.
- Involved in writing test completion reports, weekly reports, daily reports, and releasing specific addendums.
- Involved in performing system testing, unit testing, back-end testing, end-to-end testing, and integration testing in every release.
- Involved in requesting special test data for every release from test data management team.
- Generated RTM\'s (Requirement traceability matrix) to map created test cases to requirements.
- Used to arrange meetings to discuss issues with developers, testers, and project managers.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to update and extract data from the back-end databases.
Environment: WinRunner, Quality Centre, Test Director, QuickTest Pro, Load Runner, Test Partner, UNIX Shell Scripts, Linux, JAVA, HTML, Java Script, VBScript, SQL, Oracle 9i, Test Partner, ClearQuest, Windows 2000/NT
Citi- Confidential,NJ Aug’07-Dec’08
This assignment involved the Business Functionality Validation of the data in online applications for credit cards by individual account holders of the Bank & Business customers. The application is developed with the processing logic to provide decision of approval or denial of their application for credit online instantly. The process of verification mainly involved the validation of the data input by an individual like his Social Security Number, DOB, Mailing Address, Personal Credit Rating based on reports generated from Credit Bureaus like Equifax, Experian and Transunion. The application is programmed to make decisions based on combined credit score generated from the three credit bureaus.
- Responsible for testing of the application for Basic Business Functionality in correlation with the defacto policies of the Bank.
- Setup of Default Values and checking for specific performance for logical computations in Interest Modules.
- Involved in preparation of test plan and test cases for Credit Card Applications, Mortgage Loan Module and Automobile Loan Modules.
- Introduction of validations in TSL Scripts to ensure accuracy of data input and its valid retrieval.
- Specifically responsible for generation of GUI Map files and update of GUI Files on a regular basis coordinating with the updates in the application.
- Involved in TSL Programming and customization of TSL Scripts using Functions and enhanced programming capabilities.
- Coordinating with the team in Time Scheduling, Planning and Implementation of total testing process.
- Stress Testing and Regression Testing of the Application for identification of bugs and logging of errors into PVCS tracking tool.
Environment: Oracle, Java, HTML, Visual Basic, WinRunner, Load Runner, Test Director, UNIX, Windows NT/2000.
Client: Confidential,India March 2004-April 07
Role: Business Analyst
Confidential,in C-DAC for different projects for procurement of hardware and software and infrastructure requirements keeping in view the project objectives, budget, timelines, resources and other critical factors. And subsequently organizing/arranging discussions between the Business partners and stakeholders as per the project
requirement and deliverables. Participates in budget planning for short and long term basis and monitored budget throughout the life cycle of project. Timely updating of project status to senior management and generating reports.
- Involved in gathering requirements, analyzing the technical and non-technical requirements.
- Extensively involved in arranging the inter-department and organizing JAD session between business partners for technical, non-technical and support discussions with key stakeholders, project manager and other implementation engineers.
- Involved in preparation of test plans.
- Maintained database of vendors in excel (Pivot Table, Sorting data, Nested formulas) for Vendor Development process. Managing existing vendors and identifying new vendors for procurements.
- Co-ordinated for development of a tool using Oracle and worked on database to track inventory of electronic components, computer hardware and software for different projects using oracle. The front end use VB for data entry.
- Involved in creating the reports using excel (Pie chart, Bar charts, Column).
- Involved in developing Test cases and running the test cases manually.
- Created the test data for interpreting positive /Negative results during functional testing.
- Extensively participated in defect review meeting with the teams Compiling of data and other resources of different projects using MS access / excel.
- Extensively Used MS project to monitor and track tasks and resources and project milestone.
Environment: Oracle7.x, Java and Windows98
- Bachelors in Commerce
- Diploma in Systems Management & Networking
- Certificate in Computing
- Software testing Course (Manual & Automation)