QA/Testing lead with 12+ years of cumulative hands-on experience as lead and managerial expertise in software quality assurance processes, manual and automated testing, requirements elicitation, business analysis, configuration management, release management, test cycle management, defect management, independent verification and validation services.
- Proven expertise in defining Test Strategy, writing Test Plans, Test Scenarios & Test cases based on business requirements, functional specifications, Use cases to support quality deliverables.
- Strong experience in Black box/White box tests, Unit, Alpha, Integration, GUI, Functionality, Regression, Performance, Volume, Stress, Configuration, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), adhoc and Risk based testing.
- Experienced in analyzing Test Results, Test Metrics and Performance Graphs in identifying bottlenecks and creating Reports using Test Director, Rational Test Manager
- Involved in Requirement gathering, End-user training, specifications and documentations including RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix).
- Experience in working with Software Development teams in resolving Defects, Conducting defect root cause analysis, and resolving requirement and design inconsistencies observed.
- Developed and presented Testing Status Reports including testing progress, defect status, and any issues, risks to Management in weekly project status meetings.
- Involved in all phases of the QA Life Cycle and SDLC, with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines, with QA methodologies such as ISO, CMM, Agile, scrum and Six Sigma.
- Proficient in Testing of Database applications developed with Green screens DB2, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access using DDL, DML and DCL commands.
- Experience in Windows /UNIX /Linux Mainframe environments and back end applications using SQL and PL/SQL for data validations and data migrations.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in web testing techniques.
- Managed QA teams of size 2-7
- Ability to manage and motivate onsite/remote test team members, Conduct Internal Trainings & Knowledge transfer sessions on various products.
- Excellent written and spoken skills in Communication, Teaching & Training.
- Capable of working under tight project deadlines with multiple projects, using agile methodology techniques, presentations as and when required.
- Domain knowledge in Healthcare, Financial and Insurance companies and Federal (DEA and DOD) environment.
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Certified Business Analyst
- SQL Server
- Certified in Quality Management
- Six sigma Master Black belt certified
- Certified Scrum master
Testing Tools: TFS (Team Foundation Server), Test Manager, Quality Center 9.2, Test Director 8.0, Quick Test Pro 8.5,WinRunner 7.6, Clear Quest, Clear Case, Documentum
Programming: MS Visual Basic 6.0, Active Server Pages (ASP), HTML 4.0 VB 6.0, VB script, JAVA, J2EE, C++
Database:DB2, VSAM, CICS, TSYS, MS SQL Server - SQL, PL/SQL
7.0/2000, MS Access 97/2000, Oracle 8.1.6, SQL, Sybase, TOAD, SQL Navigator
Software:MS Visual Studio, MS Internet Information Server (IIS), MS Office 2000. Crystal Reports 7.0, Java, .net, Ultra edit
Operating System: Mainframe, MS Windows 2000 Professional/Server/Advanced Server, Windows NT Server/Workstation 4.0, Windows 95/98, UNIX.
Other tools: Microsoft Project, Visio, Promart, MS-Visual Source Safe for Configuration management, Data stage, Informatica, RoboHelp
Sr QA lead 2011-Current
Confidential -Adelphi MD
Team Size: 6
- QA process standardization through analysis of existing scenario, problem cause report and mitigation measures.
- Define the overall testing goals and strategy for the systems being tested.
- Plan, schedule and track the tasks.
- Select, acquire and assign the adequate resources to the tasks.
- Select, Organize and lead testing teams. Co-ordinate with a team of 6 senior stakeholders to conduct UAT.
- Organize the communication between the members of the testing teams, and between the testing teams and all the other stakeholders.
- Testing release process monitoring.
- Recommend continuous process improvements.
- Test execution, defect logging, daily reporting.
- Quality center set up and administration activities.
- Point of contact for Confidential and government leads for QA related processes.
- Maintain documentation for 30 projects; oversee compliance standards in different stages of SDLC.
- Conduct root cause analysis for reported issues and build project repository, prepare future standards depending on root cause analysis.
- Prepare Testing metrics, Develop and Present Test Summary Reports for Senior management.
Sr QA Lead 2011- 2011
Confidential -Sterling VA
- Project : Testing software applications developed for government drug enforcement case agents, and different senior level resources; Microsoft technology.
- Requirements elicitation, documentation, standardization.
- Maintaining traceability matrix.
- Test cycle monitoring, developer coordination and collecting feedback from business users.
- Handling change requests based on user sessions
- Test plan creation, test cases creation
- Agile methodology
QA lead 2011- 2011
- Project : CGI-GCM-Populating the CBOR, policy BOR for the group insurance; Oracle DB, Data stage, MS project
- Client liaison
- Preparing use case document
- Finalizing user work flow diagrams.
- User interviews and requirements elicitation through prototyping.
- Prototype analysis, derivation techniques
- Third party vendor interaction
- Helping project manager with schedules and QA planning using Microsoft project.
- Preparing acceptance test cases.
UAT Lead Tester May 2010-December 2010
Confidential -Newark DE
The fraud application deals with customer point of contact for processing the complaints, suspicious transactions, conflicting transactions and how to handle various transactions that fall under different categories keeping in view the best interest of the credit card holder.
Technology: Confidential credit card mainframe technologies, web technology, Quality center, OMNI, OCEAN web applications.
Team Size: 4
- QA process implementation according to organizational policy.
- Test data analysis, creation.
- Test script writing, execution.
- Test plan live updating based on changing requirements.
- Defect logging, tracking, reporting.
- Root cause analysis of defect origin.
- Mentoring junior testers.
Senior QA October 2009-May 2010
Confidential, Wilmington DE
Implementing governmental regulations for credit card industry. Uses agile methodology.
Credit card loyalty application testing using CICS screens, running batch processes.
Technology: .net, asp, J2EE, Oracle, EDI (Electronic data interchange)
Team size: 2
- UDAP regulations testing, Requirements gathering, analysis.
- Regular meetings with senior management on changing QA scenario.
- Functional specification review and project documentation.
- Participating in test planning, review meetings.
- Participating in scheduling and resource allocation meetings.
- Acceptance testing for individual releases.
- Project test management, release cycle control.
- Working on loyalty rewards web project implementation.
- Test environment setup, Defect tracking.
- Time and effort estimation for each release.
- QC usage throughout life cycle.
QA Lead January 2009-September 2009
Confidential-Dow Jones NJ
Integration of FIS (Financial information system) to CIBS (Customer information billing system).Conversion of billing system and porting the database to Oracle. Data conversion project.
Technology: Microsoft project, VB, .net, ASP, JAVA and Oracle, Quality center.
Team Size: 4
- Test Strategy preparation, test plan execution.
- Contact point between business group, QA team, Technical team and offshore group.
- Onsite-offshore co-ordination between Infosys and Dow Jones team.
- Test data set up for test execution.
- Test execution and reporting.
- Testing the database integration and anomaly check.
- Web testing and user interface testing.
- Writing and executing UAT test cases. Test status update in day to day meetings.
- Test matrix preparation and circulation.
- Monitoring performance of team members of size 4.
- Using Quality center for testing life cycle.
QA Lead October 2007-October 2008
Confidential -Philadelphia, PA
P4P-Pay For Performance: The Healthcare providers are encouraged to accept patients. Project will make changes to the incentive program to continue to reward providers for exceptional care for Confidential members, and promote participation in the network. The incentive measures and payments have been designed to meet the requirements set forth by DPW. In this process, there will be changes needed to both the process of semi-annual calculation of provider incentive rates, as well as to the on-going activity of calculating and processing monthly (Confidential) or semi-annual (Confidential) provider payments based on the incentive rates achieved for MEDICARE and MEDICAID customers.
- Responsible for analyzing the requirements, developing test cases from functional requirements using quality center.
- Conducted PL/SQL queries on Oracle data base to test data integrity and confirming that there is no data loss.
- Conversion of file formats, data load testing.
- ETL testing for data load in different stages
- Comparison of file layout s with actual data load.
- Verifying FACTS tables and Dimensional tables.
- Responsible for test execution and defect reporting.
- Used the Tidal job schedule for calling the ETL Informatica purposes.
- Responsible for testing UNIX script, calling procedures.
- Used the Microsoft Project for project planning purposes.
Technology: Quality Center, TOAD, Data Stage 8.0
Data Warehouse Reload: The claims and membership data for each pharmacy has been downloaded into Confidential network. It eventually undergoes data transformation and finally gets loaded into target tables. Reports and queries are conducted on the oracle tables for data analysis and calculation purposes.
- Responsible for analyzing the requirements, setting up the QA environment. Worked to develop test cases from functional requirements using Quality Center.
- Conducted SQL queries on Sybase data base to test data integrity and confirming that there is no data loss. Responsible for test execution and defect reporting.
- Utilized Microsoft Project for project planning purposes.
- Excellent management skills with team members and business group, management.
- Used tools: Microsoft Project, Data Stage for QTP, ETL, TOAD, Rapid SQL embarcadero, Quality Center.
QA Lead September 2006-September 2007
Confidential -Columbia MD
Project Description: Provider Services: This is provider information & credentialing automation (PICA) project will be implementing the PORTICO application. This is a front end application that will be used exclusively to enter, edit and view provider and practitioner information directly in the three legacy systems PA&R, PIMS and FACETS.
Technology: J2EE, Python, Mainframe and .net technologies.
Team Size: 4
As Test Lead-Coordinator at CareFirst BCBS for PORTICO system, lead all testing efforts and activities as well as provided mentoring and guidance for requirements efforts. These projects included: standardizing the integration of CareFirst web-based partner applications within the CareFirst Single-Sign On and Security capabilities;
- This is team lead role for 4 team members.
- Analyzing and inferring the standard operating procedures (SOPS) and writing test cases based on the SOP.
- Worked in an SOA architecture environment using n-tier web services.
- Attending the daily meetings with team members and testing schedule meetings with team manager.
- Establishing the best practices in process methodologies.
- Wrote the project test plan for the projects NPI, Registrar collections.
- Created the overall project strategy document.
- Created the templates for daily status report, followed the CMMi level documents for the project.
- Executed the test cases manually.
- Defined project metrics, and maintained them throughout the project.
- Defined the folder structure and created them for the team to follow.
- Defect management tools used are Quality center and clear quest.
- Analyzing QTP usage for the test case automation.
- Used tools like Clear Quest, Quality Center, and SQL Navigator.
Senior QA Analyst February 2006- August 2006
Confidential -Wilmington DE
Project Description: This is a TSYS in source project for credit card transactions like purchase, return, fraud etc.
Technology: TSYS conversion, Mainframe
- Credit card processing; Responsible for analyzing requirements, Prepared and wrote test plans and test cases using architectural diagrams.
- Executed test cases.
- Participating in business requirement finalization meetings.
- Responsible for defect tracking.
- Batch process testing in UNIX environment.
- Scripting and Executing the SQL queries for database testing.
- Communicating between local business group and the TSYS team in Atlanta for clarifications.
- Maintained Traceability matrix. Used Quality center for test cycle. Tested on green screens and main frame technologies.
- File format comparison testing.
UAT Lead January 2005 - December 2005
Project Description: Pricing Strategies (Credit card): The merger project deals with Confidential credit card features while integrating and adopting a united approach towards handling both the customers according to their terms and conditions. Pricing strategies project defines the criteria for charging, re-pricing the credit card accounts like AMEX, VISA, MASTER cards.
Technology: Main frame, db2 tables, Quality center
- Built the QA process from the scratch for the pricing systems group.
- Understanding the credit card transactions for MBNA customers and BOA customers.
- Writing test scenarios identifying the differences.
- Followed a V-Model approach for test cycle design.
- Measuring the work progress, monitoring the performance.
- Defining the test strategies.
- Creating scenarios for testing.
- Writing test cases and executing them.
- Data query from the mainframe database.
- CICS screens and using the internal data query tool DARTNET.
- Using scenarios and use cases in preparing the test cases.
- Validating the pricing strategies and maintaining traceability matrix.
- Measuring and maintaining quality metrics like time and resource estimation.
QA Co-coordinator August 2004 - December 2004
Confidential, Lansdale PA
Project Description: Project Name: ICP DWH: There are five components of the ICP System: Customer Master, Customer Interaction Repository, Rules of Engagement, Customer Campaigns, and Integration Services.
Technology: Test director 7.6, UNIX, Clear Quest, SQL Plus, Documentum, Informatica tool.
This is test co-coordinator role for 7 members.
- Initial study of the system regarding its functionality, identifying areas to be tested for quality assurance.
- Wrote and executed test cases to assess the system functionality.
- Worked closely with QA manager, business associates and development staff to finalize on testing approaches and methods.
- Analyzed the requirements breaking them according to complexity to build test procedures based on that.
- Initial study of the system regarding its functionality, identifying areas to be tested for quality assurance.
- Maintained and updated the traceability matrix.
- Analysis of quality matrices and measurement.
- Mainly participated in database testing. Using the TOAD and SQL navigator.
- Acted as a team lead for 2-5 members for onsite/offshore activities.
- Updated documentation for ICP test plan, quality assurance process, and configuration management regarding the migration process.
- Prepared the test strategy documentation for testing the migration of the Aladdin DSS interface.
- Analyzed testing activities and prepared test reports.
- Prepared defect analysis report.
- Tested the Informatics. Developed interface for extracting data from customer master, the newly migrated database for global usage.
- Study and analysis of the whole QA process and steps to be followed for establishing the testing methodology.
Sr. QA Analyst February 2003 – July 2004
Confidential, Edison NJ
Multiple web testing projects, testing and defect reporting using Test director.
Technology: VB, SQL, Test Director.
QA Analyst/Tester February 2000 – July 2001
Confidential -Plymouth Meeting PA
As part of the consulting efforts at Cognizant worked at clients like, IMS Health, Dun & Bradstreet.
- Wrote functional test plans/cases for the new features added
- Performed Regression, Functional, Load, Performance, Integration, System and User acceptance testing.
- Performed test execution. Created test logs
- Portal testing to IMS
- Documented Help Files using Robohelp for end users.
- Created and maintained test plans, scripts, and defect list using Test Director.
- Responsible for weekly status updates showing the progress of manual and automation testing to QA Team
- Attendance Register prototype for D&B group at Cognizant: have developed a prototype of the tool for entering attendance, using VB/Access, instead of manually signing in the registry every day.
- Responsible for maintaining the D&B project group induction booklet that served as orientation guide to the candidates who have newly joined the D&B project group at Cognizant. Induction book is prepared in MS-word format. The D&B project group size was around 250 people.
Technology: Promart, Load runner. Visual Basic 6.0/Oracle Win Runner, Promart – Defect tracking system
Project Description: INQMS (Inquiry Management System) HIPPA Compliance system
INQMS is a web based inquiry management system internal to IMS-Health America.
Software used: Visual Basic 6.0/ASP/SQL 7.0, Crystal reports
Project Name: Confidential: Confidential is an information provider application for Dun & Bradstreet.
- Creating test plans, performed test execution
- Responsible for regression testing.
- Created test logs and reported defects in the Promart defect tracking system
- Working closely with the development team to exchange feedback on test results
- Writing test plans. Tested the application manually.
- Performing test execution unit testing, integration and system testing.
- Creating test logs
- Assisted developers in Unit testing by going through SQL queries and executed multiple queries
- Documented test results, participated in walkthroughs and Defect report meetings periodically with QA Team, Developers and Product Support
Technology: Visual Basic 6.0/Sybase
Project Description: Project Name: PCSmart
This is a conversion project from NSDK to Visual Basic 6.0. I worked with diligence and paid attention to details to ensure that there are no discrepancies between two systems. We have tested thoroughly till the system is reliable and bug-free.
In house projects
Project Name: SEI-CMM Level 5 Assessment
- Worked for Cognizant’s Quality Assurance group (SEPG) during SEI-CMM level-5 assessment.
- Ensure that all project information has been entered in the Quality database.
- Calculating the quality metrics like productivity, resource estimation, and defect density.
- Reviewed and analyzed the test results.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and modification Request issues.
- Involved in weekly walkthrough and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole.
- Provided support to project teams to gather and calculate project metrics
- Involved in testing of Promart – Cognizant internal defect tracking tool
- Provided support in creating project documentation, test plan, strategy, templates.
- Responsible for content and subject population of QGBM, QSM, PSPH etc
- Testing of intranet based Quality System application
- Wrote test plans, executed tests. Worked with internal IT team to resolve application defects.
Programmer/Analyst February 1999 - January 2000
Confidential, London, UK
Project Description: Project Name: Database building for Asian businesses; registering, problem logging, searching for information in the area of Westminster for Asian small business owners.
Technology: VB, MS Access
- Database developer in MS Access. Developed reports.
- Collected business information.
- Test strategy preparation and test case development.
- Adhoc testing and documentation
- Developed system for information extraction using Visual Basic as front end.
- MBA, Masters of Business (Systems) Administration.
- Bachelor of Science.
- GNIIT-Systems Developer Analyst.
- SQL server MSCP
- ISO/SEI-CMM Project Quality documentation
- Testing Tools Certification on Win runner, load runner, Silk, Test director, QTP
- Business communication skills