- Over 9 years of experience in Information systems quality assurance and business consulting
- Expertise in manual and automated testing using Win Runner, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Load Runner, Test Director and Quality Center in real time and unattended testing environments across multiple operating systems and technologies
- Experience in performing different kinds of testing - smoke, black box, white box, GUI, functionality, unit, Acceptance, integration, regression, usability, compatibility, installation, verification system performance, load stress, Validation and user acceptance (UAT) of web and client/server application
- Strong understanding of QA principles, QA processes use cases and software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in tracking test coverage and providing metrics to management
- Extensive experience in client/server & web application testing with a strong browser based testing on Internet Explorer and other industry standard browsers
- Strong knowledge on the Software Quality Assurance standards - ISO, CMM all levels
- Extensive business knowledge to support testing in Healthcare, Financial Services and Telecom (Customer Care and Billing Amdocs - Ensemble - TELEGENCE) sectors
- Expertise in writing, maintaining, executing test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with team members in fixing the errors
- Recording test, debugging test, editing test-using TSL, running and analyzing results, developed and implemented test suits which includes features like data driven, database, checks and functions, compiled module and exception handling with Win Runner
- Extensively involved in managing defects tracking system like Clear Quest, Bugzilla, Quality Center and PVCS Tracker.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects, under tight deadlines, often with competing priorities
- Trained at HP in Quick Test Professional version 9.5
- Pursuing HP QTP Certification.
- Good interpersonal skills, commitment, result oriented, hard working with a quest and zeal to learn new technologies and undertake challenging tasks
Mercury Tools: Win Runner 7.6, Quick Test Pro 8.2/9.2/9.5/10, Load Runner 8, Test Director 8.0/Quality center 9.2/ 10
Scripting Languages: TSL, VB Script
RDBMS: Oracle 7.x, 8i, 9i, 11g, SQL Server, DB Visualizer
Operating System: MS-DOS, UNIX/Linux/AIX, Windows95/98/2000/NT, and Mac
Case Tools: Rational Rose, Visio, Rational Unified Process (RUP)
Defect Tracking Tools: Bugzillia, Star Team Professional, Quality Center and PVCS Tracker
Testing Methodologies: Agile methodology (SCRUM), Waterfall, Spiral, RAD and Ad- hoc
Office Tools: MS-Word, Excel, Access, MS PowerPoint, Outlook and Lotus Notes (IBM)
Agile Tool: Rally
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
Confidential, Fort Worth March’09 – Till Date
Senior QA Test Engineer
- Create and executed sanity, functional, GUI, back end, and regression tests
- Ensure quality of E-Script, IVR, Patient Insurance claims and POS applications
- Extensively test XML documents in business application testing. Validated accuracy of XML (XSD) responses against business requirements in SOAP UI for applications enabled by Web Services
- Follow Water fall and Agile methodologies
- Tested Adjudication using different claim formats
- Train and helped peers in testing Central Fill, SBMO & Third Party Insurance
- Worked on NCPDP D.0 Implementation Testing
- Create SQL queries to manipulate test data and execute database scenarios
- Facilitate Sprint preplanning, kickoff and demo sessions
- Worked with users and End Users, Conducted product Certification
- Create user stories and test tracking for sprints in Rally
- Create test plans, test scenarios & test cases in Quality center
- Reproduce production support issues and executed regression test scenarios.
- Knowledge of Business rules(NCPDP D0)
- Reviews test documentation developed by peers
- Validate EDI forms when there is no UI
- Worked on claim Billing and COB, EOB using different Insurance plans.
- Log and track defects until resolution in Bugzillia and Quality Center
- Update code builds and check server logs to validate the results using Linux and AIX
- Create and upload training documents, release notes and cheat sheets for team use on Share point
- Test security and biometrics using LDAP
- Participate in design meetings, provide insights on QA Audits, report out QA status to Management
Environment: Java, Windows XP, DOS, Db Visualizer 6.5, LDAP, Web Services (SOAP UI 5.3), Agile Scrum, SQL, UNIX, AIX, Quality Center 10, MS Excel, MSWord, MS Power Point & Outlook.
Confidential, Irving, TX May’08 – Dec’08
- Create Manual Test cases for Cognos cube testing & Report testing
- Facilitate Walkthroughs and Defect report meetings periodically
- Assist Support team to Upgrade QTP.9.0 to 9.5 and migrate Win Runner scripts to QTP
- Create test scripts (VBScript and Functions) as necessary for various units of the business modules
- Perform Smoke Testing, GUI testing, Load and Stress, Volume testing, Regression & Functional Testing Using QTP
- Use customized and built-in Exception Handlers to make sure the scripts work in unattended mode
- Review business requirements and Use Case Diagrams and create test cases
- Interact with internal and external clients to gather business requirements create UAT test plans and help user groups to execute the test scenarios
- Perform back end testing using complex SQL queries
- Assist in managing, administering, Report and track defects in Quality Center
- Create and execute test scenarios for credit card transaction
Mercury Tools (QuickTestPro9.0/9.5,LoadRunner8.0, Test Director for Quality Center 9.2), Java, XML, AJAX, VB script for QTP, SQL Developer, Oracle 10g, Cognos 8 (cubes & Reporting),Power Play web & Analysis studio, Data warehouse, Informatica, ETL, Windows XP Professional, MS Excel, MSWord.
Addison, TX Apr’07 – Mar\' 08 QA Tester
- Design and develop the test plans and test scenarios through the entire project life cycle.
- Identify different testing methodologies (functional, regression, system, integration, performance, stress) based on the business requirements for an appropriate testing approach.
- Define, review and execute automation test plans. Evaluate the selection criteria for Mercury automation test tools- QTP.
- Customize the scripts using parameterization, correlation and transactions
- Direct peers in performing their tasks and meet the timelines for delivery or enhancement of the project.
- Coordinate test process with business analysts, application developers and data architecture team.
- Define ambiguities with the Business and Functional Requirements. Worked with Business analysts to clarify ambiguities
- Testing Billing using different Insurance plans and credit cards
- Provide Project lead/team lead with weekly status reports.
- Improved user relationships and synergy between testing groups by following agile principles.
- Develop complex SQL Scripts for backend testing and validating results.
- Support new release deployment on a 24 X 7 basis.
- Tested Accessions with different Insurance
- Mentor team members and part time admin on Mercury tools - TD for Quality Center, Quick test Professional (QTP) and Load Runner for automation testing efforts.
Mercury Tools(QuickTestPro8.2/9.2,LoadRunner8.0,TestDirector for Quality Center 9.2), Java, Nexaweb, VB script ,Unix , SQL Developer, Oracle 10g, Cognos cubes & Reports, IDX, Informatica, Windows XP Professional, MS Excel, MSWord, crystal reports.
Confidential,Rochester, MN Nov’05 – Mar’07 QA Tester
- Work with the QA Lead to prepare a detailed Master test plan that provides a complete list of conditions for testing the system.
- Work closely with the development team to review and modify the product specifications as per the fixes identified for the bugs.
- Perform Smoke Testing, security testing, GUI testing, Load and Stress, Volume testing.
- Conduct Regression & Functional Testing Using Win Runner.
- Use customized and built-in Exception Handlers to make sure the scripts work in unattended mode
- Expertise in Managing and Administrating the Test Director.
- Test documents for Cross Browser Compatibility.
- Tested POS and Billing using Credit cards .
- Use Load Runner for performing Load testing and also Stress testing
- Perform both Positive and Negative testing according to the Test case specifications.
- Developed SQL Scripts for validating the Data Transaction and Database Integrity
Environment: VisualBasic6.0, MS-SQL8.0, Windows XP, ASP.Net, ADO.NET, HTML, Winrunner7.6, Test director 8.0, Load Runner7.5, MS Excel, MSWord
Confidential,Buffalo, NY Jan’05 - Sep’05
- Analyze business requirements and prepare story boards for testing
- Prepare and execute GUI Tests, Regression tests, Functionality testing, Integration Testing
- Interact with the Client and Knowledge sessions on Requirements
- Facilitate/report out in bug tracking meetings and other test planning meetings
- Create of Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases in Quality Center
- Create and review Test Plans & Test Cases with the QA and development teams
- Creation and execution of test beds for Functional, Integration, UAT and Regression Tests
- Execution of SQL Queries for the Back End Testing
Environment: Windows, Web, IBM-3090, Quality Center, Visual Basic 6.0, Oracle, Java, COBOL, AIX.
Confidential,Miami, FL Mar’03 - Nov’04
QA Tester (Amdocs - Ensemble – TELEGENCE)
- Create test plans and test cases for Clarify, POS based on Business Requirements using Quality Center
- Analyze BAN activities - activation, future activation, suspension, disconnection, cancellation for both sale and rental equipment
- Create BAN in Clarify and OMS modules and attached price plans and offers with different Socs.
- Create the test cases for the requested CRs and executed set of test cases in cycles.
- Develop and execute of test plans, test cases based on business requirements of the Application.
- Ensure quality of a wide spectrum of applications - Clarify Billing, and Order Management system in Amdocs Ensemble, AR, AMSS.
- Performed System, Integration, Functional and Regression testing
- Use TOAD to view the Account changes before provision and after provision
Environment: Amdocs Ensemble billing application – Ensemble, Clarify, SQL, UNIX, Windows 2000, Toad, TD/QC.
Confidential, (Blue Bell, PA)
QA Lead Dec’02 – Feb’03
- Assess & understand the business needs/requirements & translate them in to Test Scripts/Conditions.
- Upload manual test scripts into Test Director for automation.
- Translate System/Application Design Documents and create robust test conditions for the identified mathematical formulae in the requirements and document the expected test results.
- Work as a team with the business associates/partners in shaping the Test/Implementation Plans, Defect Management & estimating the Business Risk/Impact.
- Assign lead for functional and Regression testing of Life Insurance Benefit eligibility & enrollments which is one of the significant modules of the application.
- Lead quality assurance for testing the Bridge Table module in the application, which serves as an interface between the front-end application & the backend Legacy System.
- Work as Team Member for testing of Health and Retirement benefits.
- Analyze the system specifications to create test strategy, test scripts, identifying expected results for testing.
- Develop a detailed system Test plan for Life and Health benefits, System Alerts, Automated Bridge Table and dependent enrollment module of Employee self service System.
- Train Team Members for their assigned modules in the application to achieve high quality results.
- Coordinate with Developers, EZ Link Operations and IT/Business to resolve technical issues and also suggested for improvements wherever needed.
Environment: TestDirector7.6, Internet Information Server 5.0/ Dynamo 5.0, Microsoft Transaction Server 2.0, SQL 7.0, IVR, and Web Services.
QA Analyst Aug‘00 – Sept ‘02
Develop test Scenarios, test cases and test scripts in test director.
Review the application’s specifications and scheduled the testing life cycle.
Develop test cases to check the functionality of application and to validate GUI fields Win Runner.
Execute test cases to ensure the product meets the specifications and the life cycle investigated software bugs and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
Environment: Java, Java script, HTML, WebLogic8.0, Oracle8.i, Windows NT, UNIX, Mercury Tools (WinRunner7.0, Test Director7.0, LoadRunner7.0), MS Excel, MSWord.
Bachelor in Bio- Chemistry