To obtain a software quality assurance analyst position in a fast-paced technology company with varied responsibilities and the potential for advancement.
- Over 3+ years of extensive experience in Quality Assurance of enterprise wide client/server & Web based applications.
- Areas of expertise include security, system performance, database testing, network/protocol analysis, installation/configuration, and/or automation development.
- Worked on IPv6 testing on different types of Operating Systems.
- Proficient in functional, negative, regression, system integration, User Acceptance Testing, load/performance, security, browser compatibility, and performance testing.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in with test planning, test execution and test results analysis.
- Strong knowledge of various software development life cycle (SDLC) aspects such as Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment.
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) aspects such as writing Test Strategies, Test plans, Test cases, Defect reports and Developing test scripts, Traceability Matrices and Test Environments.
- Extensive experience in customizing, installing, and administering Mercury Quality Center for test case tracking and test case management.
- Created Quality Assurance plans and defined the process rules that controlled project authorization and tracking system using Quality center.
- Experience in automated and regression testing for various client-server and web-based applications using QTP.
- Deep knowledge in the Analysis of Bug Severity, Bug tracking system and Bug Reporting using Mercury Quality center.
- Experienced in Version Control tools like Visual Source Safe (VSS), Clear Case.
- Proven ability to build productive relationships with colleagues, clients, and vendors across all functional and technical disciplines, providing focused project management and accurate and detailed business and system analysis.
- Masters in Computer Applications
- Bachelor in Computer Science and Engineering
QTP 9.2, Quality Center 9.0
Unix, MS Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista
Oracle , DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint
Database testing backend tools
TOAD, SQL Developer
Confidential, Aug’ 06 – Mar’ 09
- Worked on IPv6 testing on various products on different types of Operating Systems such as Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and UNIX.
- Performed testing on different types of scenarios for IPv4 and IPv6 compatibility.
- Extensively performed manual testing, requirements verification testing, and functional
- Participated in review meetings and took the initiative to meet the QA testing targets.
- Participated in daily status meetings to report any bugs, issues and sending the detailed status to the product team every week.
- Developed Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Defect Reports and Test Environments in QA Process Management.
- Written manual and automation scenarios for the functionality of the application, and business workflows.
- Performed manual, automated, and regression testing by performing the operations mentioned in the design steps. Compared the expected results with the actual outcome and recorded the results inQuality Center.
- Worked with the product teams for requirements gathering, planning, organizing, change management, and implementation of the enterprise-wide Test Environments (Test and QA).
- Responsible for creating complete test cases of varying complexity, executing tests, measuring expected and actual results, and reporting status ensuring accurate coverage of requirements and business rules.
- Responsible for the complete setup of the product and for creating complete test cases of varying complexity, executing tests and measuring expected and actual results.
- Used Star trak and Mercury Quality Center as a defect-tracking tool to report application defects and enhancements request and discuss with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Created standard checkpoint, bitmap, database, and text checkpoints in the QuickTestPro for verifying the current behavior of the application with the expected behavior.
- Prepared pre-conditioned data for negative and positive testing of the application.
- Data-driven methodology was adhered throughout the automated testing process.
- Wrote re-usable Actions to effectively automate and maintain the test scripts in Quick Test Professional. Used XML checkpoints to check the contents of XML documents in the web pages.
- Documented the defects and their trailing history in the Defects module of Quality center and helped developers identify the modules and code sections to be fixed by executing the related scenarios with different combinations of data.
- Customized the Quality center projects and performed the full administration functions such as managing users, groups and their permission, setting the mailing configuration, setting up the defect workflow, managing Quality center projects, managing users, user connections and licenses and configuring servers and parameters
- Performed manual testing as well as database testing to verify backend database transactions using TOAD.
- Participated in Defect meetings to explain the defects and approve resolutions provided after retesting.
- Extensively used Microsoft office suite of products (MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-Power Point) for documentation and data interpretation for reporting test status.
Confidential, Hyderabad Feb’ 06 – May’ 06
- Developed front end screens using JSP pages with JSTL and custom tag libraries.
- Developed Action classes to perform the business logic based on the user input and backend data.
- Developed DAO classes to retrieve the data from Oracle database.
- Developed filters to perform the required authentication into the system.
Confidential, India Nov’ 02 – Feb’ 03
Environment/Tools: Developer 2000, Oracle 9i, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Played a major role in designing of the forms required for the application using developer 2000.
- Written SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures to populate the required information in the forms.
- Refactoring the code to improve the overall performance of the application.
- Used optimization techniques to drastically improve the report generation time.
- Used the third party DLLs in the forms.